Petrov opens up on the heartwarming gesture from Celtic supporters

Winning Captains

Administrator
Staff member
Petrov opens up on the heartwarming gesture from Celtic supporters after his cancer diagnosis

Still brings a tear to my eyes. An amazing guy and an amazing support.🍀

Petrov opens up on the heartwarming gesture from Celtic supporters after his cancer diagnosis

Tears fucking blinding me watching that too. Love Stan, always have always will. A fabulous player for us, never hid, loved us as much as we love him. So happy he beat that bastard disease. A true legend. Gaun yersel wee man.

Tears fucking blinding me watching that too. Love Stan, always have always will. A fabulous player for us, never hid, loved us as much as we love him. So happy he beat that bastard disease. A true legend. Gaun yersel wee man.
You know what, V?

I was hoping for that 'Stan adjustment' period for Boli when he first came in. I guess lightning doesn't strike twice!

In that first season under WGS, Stan took on the mantle of Captain, counsellor, workhorse and Mr Inspiritional. For all of Naka's box of tricks, Big Bad John's power, The Holy Goalie's agility, it still hinged upon Stan pulling everyone together after a nightmare start in Bratislava, Motherwell and hunsville UK.

He left with our good wishes and still has them yet.

He is the man.

His story is one that wouldn't be belived if Netflix attempted it. *any studio

Larsson gave him the number of his magic leg shaman contact. If Larsson gives you that number then ...well your the man

He was part of a generation of players that gave our club the kickstart to where we are now.

Be it by our own recollection, the numerous fellow professionals, the hacks and even now in his coaching role at Villa.

His reputation isn't disputed.
Class

He is loyal and a fighter and played that way. His experience has been gained along the road and it is truly special to have a player like that be part of our club.
The respect he built. Honesty he showed. The care he received and even offered to help was a natural part of how he sees the world.
It's the first time I've watched that full clip.
What a special day.

He is special player for me from what I watched on the pitch and later as you check back in and acknowledge later over the years.

Glad I clicked on this thread.

Stan the man

Last edited:
A real gentleman, and a fantastic player
This was the day before we won 2-0 at Ibrox, in September, 19 years ago
I was right behind the goal, when Thommo scored to make it 2 - 0
Stan scored from a belter of a free kick from 25 yards out, when Stefan Klos fluffed it
Henrik missed a penalty, and Amoruso got red carded
I remember being the only person walking through the ranks of the horde as the polis' had them behind barriers until the 5,000 Tims left the stadium
I was meeting some friends afterwards, and as I ducked under the barrier, the looks I got (wearing a blue shirt, but no colours) and holding my cell phone to my ear, was priceless
They didn't know if I was one of them, or just some mental passerby, taking a shortcut
I remember hearing one guy shouting "Aaaargh !!! Gies a fucking gun !!!"
Stan Petrov, a class act
YNWAStillian Petrov day before 2 - 0 game at Ibrox (1).jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back