Petrov v Miller

Miller rushed everything, aye he scored goals but he needed 10 attempts to bury 1…Kyogo just needs a sniff and its in the onion bag, he’s 10 times the striker Miller wiz…oh and he’s a bawbag anaw.

I wasn't comparing them in their quality, it was more their style I was comparing. Neither of them are goal poachers in the mould of fat morelos, who just stands and waits for the ball to hit him, they are both players who constantly move and create space. But as I said, that's where the comparison ends. Kyogo is a million leagues above.
The Celtic exchange podcast commented on how negative pundits are towards celtic and how it plays down and shines a negative light on scottish football. Millers comments were a perfect example of that. Here we have a player in Kyogo, doing what guys like Mbappe and Messi are doing and instead of praising him for it, the fanny is questioning if its just luck!!! McNamara should have pulled Miller up on it.

Kenny Miller has suggested Kyogo "might be lucky" as he scores for the FOURTH game in a row.
Stillian Petrov insight is that Kyogo is playing smarter, making fewer but more incisive runs into the box.
Iam not going to ask you who you think is right, that would be plain stupid. You may want, bhoys and ghirls, to suggest Mr Miller book an appointment at his local opticians. That's up to you.
My question is this ..... Do you think that this is the beginning of Harry Kewel's influence on our front men ???????? And was this ANOTHER astute signing by Ange ???
Think you've pretty much answered your own question yourself Weedocbhoy.
Obviously ( to everyone anywhere interested in football) , Kyogo is a very astute signing by Ange, one of many.
Kewel's influence is an interesting point, as Kyogo now appears to play a more central role this season than last season.
Whether or not it HKs influence or just that Ange ( or both) have realised now that theres no need for Kyogo to play wider , which he can do as Jota, Maeda, Abada and Forrest are all well equipped to supply him from the flanks and now Mooy is getting up to speed, he along with Calmac, Oriley , Turnbull etc can deliver defence splitting balls through the centre.
Mooy's ball over the top to Maeda was brilliant and Maeda laid it on for Abada to tap in.
Mooy's best performance in the hoops for me yet.

I wasn't comparing them in their quality, it was more their style I was comparing. Neither of them are goal poachers in the mould of fat morelos, who just stands and waits for the ball to hit him, they are both players who constantly move and create space. But as I said, that's where the comparison ends. Kyogo is a million leagues above.
The Celtic exchange podcast commented on how negative pundits are towards celtic and how it plays down and shines a negative light on scottish football. Millers comments were a perfect example of that. Here we have a player in Kyogo, doing what guys like Mbappe and Messi are doing and instead of praising him for it, the fanny is questioning if its just luck!!! McNamara should have pulled Miller up on it.
Tbh lubo, Jack Mac looked like hed been dragged oot the pub , pint in hand and was still pished /half asleep.
Almost came across as " uch I canny be bothered wi this does the scoreline no speak for itself? "
Jackie Celtic looked relentless did they not?
" 9-0 mate" .
Yes but the play was scintillating ?
"9-0 mate" 😂
I think Miller was trying to suggest that Kyogo was lucky that the ball broke his way, but replays show clearly that he was the only one who had anticipated that might happen and his instinct paid off spectacularly.
That's not luck , that's intelligence of reading the game and possible outcomes of what might happen next.
Miller knows this and had he been blessed with such ability he wouldve scored far more than the 1 from 10 attempts at goal.
Kyogo has really stepped up from last season and in no small way thanks to the supply hes been getting from all quarters.

Still remains unanswered in to how we approach the cup game against County on Wednesday night.
I'm guessing that there will be wholesale changes to the starting 11 that started yesterday imo, and still enough quality within the squad to manage the game and get the right result, but expecting that Ross shite to really try to put it about within the game still.
Another big decisions for Ange to be making
We couldn't put a bad 11 out if we tried. Squad is in place.

Still remains unanswered in to how we approach the cup game against County on Wednesday night.
I'm guessing that there will be wholesale changes to the starting 11 that started yesterday imo, and still enough quality within the squad to manage the game and get the right result, but expecting that Ross shite to really try to put it about within the game still.
Another big decisions for Ange to be making
It will be interesting to see who Ange names to start in dingwall johnno. Though Ange has repeatedly said that 'starting XIs' is not how he sees things, as that side will likely play an hour before he rings the changes regardless of the score.
The league cup these days imo anyway is all about that confidence winning the first silverware brings, and it fairly brought us on leaps and bounds last season.
The league visit to Dingwall has probably been the toughest game we've played so far at this early stage, still run out 3-1 winners, the two goals were late in coming though they always looked like they were coming.
For that reason alone, I think Starfelt will get the nod ahead of Jenz to start. Ange will want him to get minutes under his belt.
Cant ever count anything out with Ange ( gratefully so), but I'd be surprised if Bernabei makes his first start there.
Impossible to second guess Ange ( Calmac aside), I just think he'll remember how organised at home they were.
If all goes well I'm sure he'll give a runout to as many as possible should the game be wrapped up relatively early, I'm guessing.
With the full fat huns coming straight after, hes done well to give as many players' minutes under their belts as he has so far.
I expect GVB to take a leaf out of his mentors book (Advocaat) and sit back at CP hoping for the counter when our play breaks down.
Risky tactics, given what we've seen from Celtic so far but previous rangers and sevco managers have made this tactic work many times before, knowing that going toe to toe with us at CP is not a good idea and nullified the game into a bore draw.
McKay's the same, his tactics seemed to be sit deep and tight and wait for Ange to ring the changes and then have a go at that point.
For this reason I'm not underestimating County or sevco , whilst also being very confident that we can overcome, even if we were to go behind first.
The attacking options are outstanding right now and our defence is getting stronger every game.
This isnt the acid test many huns have been saying it is , for me that was the incredibly tough opening fixture list that we've navigated through, emphatically so far.
Yes I expect theRangers to be stronger than we've faced but they've shown nothing for us to fear.
Their tactics against PSV were to play out wide for crosses into colak or direct balls over the top cutting out the midfield entirely.
Colak looks like a decent goalscorer but he is a target man striker type , he's not going to beat players for pace or take them on he needs to be supplied with the ball and doesnt do a lot off it from what I've seen.
Ross County first , see how it went and then all the focus is on theRangers HH

Last edited:
We couldn't put a bad 11 out if we tried. Squad is in place.
Very true StevieBhoy and wouldn't surprise me to see as many as 10 changes to yesterday's starting line up with only keeping calmac.
And this without guchi or hacko starting but if game is going to plan could still be involved also.
Would be confident that the job would still be achieved with enough to spare also imo.

Miller rushed everything, aye he scored goals but he needed 10 attempts to bury 1…Kyogo just needs a sniff and its in the onion bag, he’s 10 times the striker Miller wiz…oh and he’s a bawbag anaw.
Running around like a headless chicken, game in, game out, describes Kenny Misser to a 'T'
He's still orbiting the earth after Jozo's tackle and he's plugged into the moon, as a result
Let's be honest, if you could have Miller or Petrov either as a player, or a pundit, it's Stan the Man every time
HH

Running around like a headless chicken, game in, game out, describes Kenny Misser to a 'T'
He's still orbiting the earth after Jozo's tackle and he's plugged into the moon, as a result
Let's be honest, if you could have Miller or Petrov either as a player, or a pundit, it's Stan the Man every time
HH

A cannie believe Jackie just sits there and let’s him away with that “lucky” comment, I’d have got ripped right intae him aboot it, three “lucky” goals? Scotlands top, “lucky” goal scorer, can ye noo gie the man a wee bit o respect? whit game were you watching?, can you see whits going oor fae outer space are you still up there wi jozo’s tackle? Etc etc…..🤡🤡🤡

A cannie believe Jackie just sits there and let’s him away with that “lucky” comment, I’d have got ripped right intae him aboot it, three “lucky” goals? Scotlands top, “lucky” goal scorer, can ye noo gie the man a wee bit o respect? whit game were you watching?, can you see whits going oor fae outer space are you still up there wi jozo’s tackle? Etc etc…..🤡🤡🤡
JakMacs just sitting there haulf cut straight oot the brazen heid pissin himself thinking " that's it ? 5 minutes of listening to pish aff that astronaut an aw I've got tae say is 9-0 mate"
Geis ma money an taxi back tae the brazen cheers kerching $$$

Miller ? That Rangers die hard ? You can see by his celebration after scoring what it means to him being a true blue lmao

Wee Mcgeady showing why he was well worth the £9.5 million the Russians paid for him 😂 aw is this no brilliant to see the sheer ecstasy in cosmonaut Miller's face at scoring against his klub?
Wish theyd show that before the derby if hes oan the panel, just to prove hes no biased in any way 😂😂

Does make me wonder though , it's different for say Hartson and Sutton to go on positively about Celtic as those two are respected, valued pundits for different reasons by sky, bt , radio other channels, they'll say what they want.
For JakMac , though at BBC Scotland rangers-sportscene,
he and others ( not so much petrov hes got viewer pull as well) are likely giving us praise and letting the Kleekity klubklan say what they want because it's easy money and let them rant away , thinking, I'll get this gig again in a couple of weeks, easy £1k for sitting saying " Kyogo, Abada, Jota, juranovic, Starfelt 9-0 Celtic easy"
Yeah but that seventh goal had a hint of offside?
"9-0 easy, oh and well played 4-0 for rainjurs"
Thank you Jackie McNamara and we'll all see you next weekend
Jakmac thinking ( get in there ££££ easy money ,9-0 easy ) 😂
Probably why he's not giving a s**t and really laid back about it.
Walker, Nicholas, Commons ,Provan
These guys are desperate to keep that joab, dont blame them for that .
Jakmac showed them how it's done though, without sappy dippies and soup.

Last edited:
Back