Plugging the leak.

26+6=1

Just read an article where Lenny was questioned about the information leak within the club. He didn't seem too concerned and it got me wondering if the 'leaked transfer meeting minutes' were really a plant to flush out the problem. After all an employee was dismissed and you can be sure there was an evidence-based human resources investigation which concluded the club could take the course of action without fear of industrial tribunals. Sure the 'leaked minutes' caused a storm of scrutiny and debate but what harm did it do Celtic's transfer strategy? I think they may have planted something too juicy to resist, which stated the obvious about Turnbull with a bit of bull thrown in for misinformation purposes. It may even have helped with easing Congerton out the door too. Then again this could be over-optimistic paranoia.

There's nothing that would surprise me in Scottish football, other than the currants abandoning bigotry and embracing the notion of love, respect and kindness to all faith groups and ethnic minorities.

Add to that running a tight financial ship

There's more mystery, subterfuge, espionage, sabotage and garbage in Scottish football than there is in the collective work of Tom Clancy.

So no, it wouldn't come as any great shock that that memo was a "plant" used as bait to flush out a couple of suspect characters. Employers in all sectors have used similar strategies for decades to try and catch folk out.

Over-optimistic or not, there's nowt wrong with a healthy dose of paranoia, PMM

I'd still argue that we're not paranoid enough.

Just read an article where Lenny was questioned about the information leak within the club. He didn't seem too concerned and it got me wondering if the 'leaked transfer meeting minutes' were really a plant to flush out the problem. After all an employee was dismissed and you can be sure there was an evidence-based human resources investigation which concluded the club could take the course of action without fear of industrial tribunals. Sure the 'leaked minutes' caused a storm of scrutiny and debate but what harm did it do Celtic's transfer strategy? I think they may have planted something too juicy to resist, which stated the obvious about Turnbull with a bit of bull thrown in for misinformation purposes. It may even have helped with easing Congerton out the door too. Then again this could be over-optimistic paranoia.
I think they were deliberately feeding individuals duff information to try to get to the source of the leak - remember "Comperr to start" just before the end of season? Not sure I would have used this particular material though for flushing out the mole though.

Back