Polarity

Spherical Planet

For a good period through any given day, I would be well advised to keep my mouth shut, for as soon as my jaw starts to flap - then there's a cast-iron guarantee that something stupid, insensitive, unqualified, irresponsible, or completely irrelevant is going to fall out.

I'm not in a position to judge anyone for their thoughts or their opinions, as the hypocrisy police would hem me up for a life sentence.

The thing is, in spite of my uncanny knack of taking a topic of conversation completely off course and hanging my dirty drawers out, I get a wee bit frustrated when we take our disputes into a relatively public place and do the munkys job for them!

I don't think it's healthy for folk to see eye-to-eye on every topic, but I don't think it's particularly beneficial for us to be tearing strips off of each other either. Not too many off us will know each other if we passed ourselves in the street, but we're often getting into territory which goes way beyond personal and right into the red-zone of downright insulting and derogatory.

My halo is in grave danger of choking me at the moment, as there have been many occasions when I've posted responses which I'm not proud of and I've bad to think long and hard about my own actions and what it is I'm trying to achieve. Thankfully, the vast majority of you are quite a forgiving group and I appreciate the fact that you mainly overlook my own indiscretions.

Especially now, it is all good that we can discuss different subjects and express ourselves freely. Our moderators have given us a fair bit of latitude with the vocabulary we use and even the subject matter we delve into; however - we all know that there is a broad and varied spectrum of opinion and even if we vehemently disagree with a point of view, we have to at least try and be constructive and empathetic. We have a function available which allows us to correspond in private and there are matters being discussed on open boards that just give the hun trolls all the fuel that they need.

I think we have a duty to be conscious and alert, as there is no doubt that we are being visited by individuals who are not of a Celtic persuasion, but we are wise enough to that fact and we appear to be able to (mostly) trust our judgement on these things.

We're likely all frustrated and in need of a bit spleen-venting, but when we get to the stage that posts and comments are getting us that tightly wound, then perhaps it would be prudent to take pause and return to the topic when a cooler head prevails.

I enjoy the fact that we are all different. I believe that opinions should be challenged and I also believe we can all learn something from each other. There are also times when folk have every right to be angry, but it is in those times that a more constructive line of debate might lead to a more composed resolution.

As I said previously, my hypocrisy knows no bounds, but I enjoy the opinions of nearly every one of you and I would hate for this site to become a constant battlefield. These fuckers over there know our weak spots and the topics that often divide us. Please don't make it easy for them to get the rise out of us. My thoughts on many subjects are on full display, but there are certain subjects that we have to exercise a bit more discretion with. It doesn't serve The Cause or those who participate to live The Cause to have it brought front and centre.

Top Post SP top post
It’s not what divides us but what brings us together Celtic more than just a Club.

HH 👏👏
There are truly great folk using this forum, Jam. Folk I would gladly spill drinks and tell tall tales with.

Great folk who won't always agree with me or understand my point of view, but that's important too because I know everything about nothing and it's handy to sometimes find out a wee bit of something about everything.

I'm not too old to take a lesson or two either, Jam. This site has been pretty educational for me and it has made me view some things slightly differently. It's a fine thing to learn new things later in life and it would be a pity to have it spoiled by bickering and fighting with each other.

For a good period through any given day, I would be well advised to keep my mouth shut, for as soon as my jaw starts to flap - then there's a cast-iron guarantee that something stupid, insensitive, unqualified, irresponsible, or completely irrelevant is going to fall out.

I'm not in a position to judge anyone for their thoughts or their opinions, as the hypocrisy police would hem me up for a life sentence.

The thing is, in spite of my uncanny knack of taking a topic of conversation completely off course and hanging my dirty drawers out, I get a wee bit frustrated when we take our disputes into a relatively public place and do the munkys job for them!

I don't think it's healthy for folk to see eye-to-eye on every topic, but I don't think it's particularly beneficial for us to be tearing strips off of each other either. Not too many off us will know each other if we passed ourselves in the street, but we're often getting into territory which goes way beyond personal and right into the red-zone of downright insulting and derogatory.

My halo is in grave danger of choking me at the moment, as there have been many occasions when I've posted responses which I'm not proud of and I've bad to think long and hard about my own actions and what it is I'm trying to achieve. Thankfully, the vast majority of you are quite a forgiving group and I appreciate the fact that you mainly overlook my own indiscretions.

Especially now, it is all good that we can discuss different subjects and express ourselves freely. Our moderators have given us a fair bit of latitude with the vocabulary we use and even the subject matter we delve into; however - we all know that there is a broad and varied spectrum of opinion and even if we vehemently disagree with a point of view, we have to at least try and be constructive and empathetic. We have a function available which allows us to correspond in private and there are matters being discussed on open boards that just give the hun trolls all the fuel that they need.

I think we have a duty to be conscious and alert, as there is no doubt that we are being visited by individuals who are not of a Celtic persuasion, but we are wise enough to that fact and we appear to be able to (mostly) trust our judgement on these things.

We're likely all frustrated and in need of a bit spleen-venting, but when we get to the stage that posts and comments are getting us that tightly wound, then perhaps it would be prudent to take pause and return to the topic when a cooler head prevails.

I enjoy the fact that we are all different. I believe that opinions should be challenged and I also believe we can all learn something from each other. There are also times when folk have every right to be angry, but it is in those times that a more constructive line of debate might lead to a more composed resolution.

As I said previously, my hypocrisy knows no bounds, but I enjoy the opinions of nearly every one of you and I would hate for this site to become a constant battlefield. These fuckers over there know our weak spots and the topics that often divide us. Please don't make it easy for them to get the rise out of us. My thoughts on many subjects are on full display, but there are certain subjects that we have to exercise a bit more discretion with. It doesn't serve The Cause or those who participate to live The Cause to have it brought front and centre.
Absolutely agree SP. This is up there with your best correspondence ever. HH. 👍👍

I think I follow your advice when I get round to posting on here SP. I just need to follow it in my everyday stuff now. An excellent post! 👍👌✊👏👏

Interesting Aberdeen been the ones to be bleating (no pun intended) about unfair practices since they waited for reassurance on the voting system before casting so as not to be the club that fucked it for smaller clubs.

An Inquiry they claim good for the goose and all that. Let the fun begin and start raking those coals and reignite the embers that will be still be smoldering as the SFA since March 2020 sit on the european licence report . (Res12 back on the menu perhaps)

Celtic should be using our media connections to push the agenda towards a full and thorough investigation not only restricted to this one incident which has already been rubbished by many but to include a full disclosure of the secret 5 way agreement and res12/incorrect issuance of European licence. They could start by reading the transcripts of the Craig Whyte trial and the court evidence/claims in Ashley's dispute against sevco!

Let's see how quickly those mouthy gobshites shut up about impartial investigations when it means looking into the real cover ups and dodgy dealings within our game?

Interesting Aberdeen been the ones to be bleating (no pun intended) about unfair practices since they waited for reassurance on the voting system before casting so as not to be the club that fucked it for smaller clubs.

An Inquiry they claim good for the goose and all that. Let the fun begin and start raking those coals and reignite the embers that will be still be smoldering as the SFA since March 2020 sit on the european licence report . (Res12 back on the menu perhaps)

Speak about polarity, Boab, clubs like Aberdeen are the perfect example of chancers who are trying to have a foot on both sides of the fence.

More than any other club, Aberdeen have just cause to take offence at the financial irregularities at Ibrox and how it might effect their chances in domestic competition and also in potential Champions League opportunities that might be availablle. If they had faith in their own ability, then they would categorically tell the huns to stick it where the sun don't shine, but remember that this was the same club that let wiggy insist that we all just "move on" after the debacle with the dead club.

Scottish football needs a strong Aberdeen, not an indecisive club which doesn't know if it needs a shit, shave or a shoeshine?

Celtic should be using our media connections to push the agenda towards a full and thorough investigation not only restricted to this one incident which has already been rubbished by many but to include a full disclosure of the secret 5 way agreement and res12/incorrect issuance of European licence. They could start by reading the transcripts of the Craig Whyte trial and the court evidence/claims in Ashley's dispute against sevco!

Let's see how quickly those mouthy gobshites shut up about impartial investigations when it means looking into the real cover ups and dodgy dealings within our game?

Yep!

Broaden the terms of reference of any enquiry to include all of what you say.....and watch them run a mile.....I’d like to see the Celtic Trust come out and say this.....the Huns demand transparency and accountability?.....let’s give it to them in spades

Yep!

Broaden the terms of reference of any enquiry to include all of what you say.....and watch them run a mile.....I’d like to see the Celtic Trust come out and say this.....the Huns demand transparency and accountability?.....let’s give it to them in spades
I rhink only Sutton and possibly Hartson would have the baws to come out publicly banging this drum, which is a shame. I think we should stay out of the actual vote discussions themselves as sevco are making fools of themselves as it is, but fight our cause on the other issues that are long overdue for investigation.

👏👏👏👏👏👏🥳🍺

Back