Poll Time. Jack Hendry, keep or punt?

Should we recall Jack Hendry after his loan, or recoup some money?

• Recall

Votes: 24 70.6%
  • Punt

Votes: 10 29.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Without knowing the intricate details of the loan agreement its all guesswork.
Kennedy suggested the door was open.
Hendry said he wants to play at the highest level possible.
Belguim media are saying his current club have scored as they have buyers lined up.
I honestly think that they have first refusal. No recalls. Hendry has to reject the move himself.
I might of missed the quote from a celtic source saying we will assess him over the summer.

All im putting together is what ive read.

If these buyers are indeed lined up and he gets a move to an ok club in England then its back to wages.

Why waste a year. Take a chance and play for chump change with us or his loan club.
They say theres yer move. We win you win.
He might not catch the eye of our new coach and then where is his career?
He will loose millions on a half chance coming back to Celtic

Or he doesnt piss about. Jumps into a first team slot and goes from 3k a week to 30k?

Without knowing the intricate details of the loan agreement its all guesswork.
Kennedy suggested the door was open.
Hendry said he wants to play at the highest level possible.
Belguim media are saying his current club have scored as they have buyers lined up.
I honestly think that they have first refusal. No recalls. Hendry has to reject the move himself.
I might of missed the quote from a celtic source saying we will assess him over the summer.

All im putting together is what ive read.

If these buyers are indeed lined up and he gets a move to an ok club in England then its back to wages.

Why waste a year. Take a chance and play for chump change with us or them?
He might not catch the eye of our new coach and then where is his career?

Or he doesnt piss about. Jumps into a first team slot and goes from 3k a week to 30k?
There is also the fact that we are right next door to the biggest money pit in world football and he's more likely to get noticed playing well for us. Plus he's still got to prove he can do it.

There is also the fact that we are right next door to the biggest money pit in world football and he's more likely to get noticed playing well for us. Plus he's still got to prove he can do it.
Belguim does pretty well when it comes to players. Eyes are on him. In a more competitive leauge.
After picking up a cb of the year in Belgium he can jump right into a tasty wage in England. We arent needed in the slightest

His scottish record with us is a stain on his cv.
Why bother having to prove anything?
A bad season with us and he is finished.
Or he surfs the wave he is on and sorts himself out for life.

Ive never read he is a tim.
He might not want to prove anything.
Might feel he has done it away from us?
If it was my own boy in the same position 20yrs from now, in the same position I couldnt tell him hand on heart coming back would be the best move for him

Belguim does pretty well when it comes to players. Eyes are on him. In a more competitive leauge.
After picking up a cb of the year in Belgium he can jump right into a tasty wage in England. We arent needed in the slightest
Maybe not but he still owes us. We took a chance on him an hes not repaid the debt.

He isnt the next maldini. He played in a three with two tucked in wingbacks.
The top teams defensive stats in that leauge were piss poor compared to previous.

Our defense has been stinking. Jack Hendry wont fix it. We need to look at better and spend more.
The figures quoted are still in the 4-5m range of what his loan club plans to sell him for.
If he does well with 4 players to back him up in a row.
We need a player that can lock an area just with his mate if the fullbacks are caught out.
Jack isnt that guy

He isnt the next maldini. He played in a three with two tucked in wingbacks.
The top teams defensive stats in that leauge were piss poor compared to previous.

Our defense has been stinking. Jack Hendry wont fix it. We need to look at better and spend more.
The figures quoted are still in the 4-5m range of what his loan club plans to sell him for.
If he does well with 4 players to back him up in a row.
We need a player that can lock an area just with his mate if the fullbacks are caught out.
Jack isnt that guy
Like everything nowadays BBB it all comes down to money, so how much would we get if he should leave?

Like everything nowadays BBB it all comes down to money, so how much would we get if he should leave?
Its top marks to brimcbhoy on this one.
recall and sell if we can.
Unless hendry has a blinder in the euros it isnt a big deal.
Its only a distraction away from our actual position.
Get a manager in.
Even if we got 1.5m or lost 3 overall.
Its a hit. We take 6m or more of these hits every year with duds.
....full 15m this.
We now are in firesale mode with a number of our better.
Eddy/ajer/calmac will scrape us 35m , 50m with addons if we are lucky.
Wanyama was transferred on a chance and we didnt make a decent profit.
Dembele has beem filtered down and away with a deal to spain.
keep your eye out for a good deal going the other way in the next 5 yrs.

Its out of our hands now john

Last edited:
Sounds like another PL traitor fuck up to me then BBB to add to never ending list.
Not saying hendry would be the answer for next season but just giving away players for next to nothing is just scandalous and shows just how shite our football operations really are.

Its not negative on my part. The dough spent right builds our new team.
Wont take funny money but a group of the right players to attack and go for it.
Funny* 6 top players.
3 decent.
And although i have been tentative mibi a few youth just to run.

Ill eat my words on my side as ive criticised the whole youth v experience argument.
In my place the young pacey lads did the work of 2 bodies.
Not perfectly but passable.
Saved us.
Never underestimate an apprentice.

Last edited:
Its not negative on my part. The dough spent right builds our new team.
Wont take funny money but a group of the right players to attack and go for it.
Funny* 6 top players.
3 decent.
And although i have been tentative mibi a few youth just to run.

Ill eat my words on my side as ive criticised the whole youth v experience argument.
In my place the young pacey lads did the work of 2 bodies.
Not perfectly but passable.
Saved us.
Never underestimate an apprentice.
Alan Hansen "you cant win anything with kids" when talking about the class of 92 ..sure came back to haunt him

Has anybody here actually watched him play? Does he look good as part of a good defensive unit our is he the leading light in the defence?

Not seen any tbh, only reports that hes getting lot of praise in Belgium. So it could be he's part of a good set up.
Interestingly I looked him up on transfermarkt. His valuation on there is 1.44m, exactly what we paid for him. We got him from Dundee utd who had signed him on a free transfer from Wigan 6 months previously. Seems a bit odd that?
If he is happy over there and possibly knows himself hes part of a good defence he may well be better off staying there. If we get back what we paid at least it can go back into the biscuit tin.

Has anybody here actually watched him play? Does he look good as part of a good defensive unit our is he the leading light in the defence?
He won Belgium’s player of the year award, now, if he wasn’t our player, and we a put in a bid, for a 25 year old Belgian international centre half player of the year.....how much would you/we would be willing to pay for him? 5 million, 10 million ? We’d all be shouting from the rooftops saying we’ve made an impact signing

We NEED him back as a priority, it’s one of several positions we need to fill, he’s a ready made replacement......and he’s already OURS......🍀💚

He was treated terribly by a section of our support and the media so he might not fancy it....he could however be a mulgrew type player for us if he did come back

Despite all the positive reports from Belgium I am gonna say no ..I've seen enough from him at Dundee and obviously with ourselves to suggest he is not the future at Celtic. ..New broom and all that. Does he inspire at international level on this new found form in Belgium ...not from anything I've seen. I am all for giving players a chance but unfortunately he doesn't inspire me ...let him go and enjoy his football elsewhere. ..sometimes some players can't cope with the expectation at our club. ..we have seen it many times over the years ....not for me but good luck to the bhoy.

Give the lad a fair chance to prove himself. I'm sure he has got his confidence back. Up to him then, to prove himself. We won't know otherwise.
He hud hunners a confidence when he signed lasted about 12mins watched him play for Scotland IMO still pish, when Bobo wasnt gettin a game for us after a month became some fuckin different player cunts we’re talking about same way Darren O’Dea 🙈🙈🙈🙈

Members online

Latest posts

Back