Postecoglou Deal Done: “Might “Might as well be White Smoke from the Vatican,” or “Green Smoke from Celtic Park”

That's not quite true Gbhoy he hadnt finished his badges when he signed for the rangers he worked on them as rangers manager
That's his Pro license he hadn't completed but he had the C,B & A license. You need to have them before you can start your Pro license.
Think of it like university. You can't go to university and start doing a PhD. You need to do your undergraduate and postgraduate degrees first.
This Australian guy hasn't even done his standard grades

That's his Pro license he hadn't completed but he had the C,B & A license. You need to have them before you can start your Pro license.
Think of it like university. You can't go to university and start doing a PhD. You need to do your undergraduate and postgraduate degrees first.
This Australian guy hasn't even done his standard grades
Wouldn't be like our board to be so incompetent glasbhoy, to try and hire a manager who's not in a position to take up the role 🤔🤔🤔

aye but were different

we'll welcome a hun reject ,,,,it's like all our supporters on hearing the news we were after him went on the shrooms for 12 hrs straight washing them down with chilled buckie

Reading other boards and some off the guff being spouted like give him a chance just get a manager in now ,,,,,,,ffs ,,,,, a support like no other right enough

Couldnae believe some of the stuff I was reading across the Celtic fan boards/media sites yesterday mate. Felt like many in the support/Celtic fan media were either in a state of shock and were desperately scratching around trying to find a positive, any positive, to make this big ol' bowl of shit more palatable or they were just resigned to the fact that this was happening and were desperately trying to get everybody onboard with it.

Fuck that! Why should the support and the fan media just accept having to scratch around looking for glimmers of hope in every bad decision this board makes? Why should we just resign ourselves to a potentially disastrous managerial appointment when there's still time to pull these chancers in the Celtic boardroom back from the brink?

Rather than scratching around looking for scraps of positivity or resigning ourselves to this extremely risky hit and hope of an appointment we as a support along with the fan media should be pulling together and using our collective voice to tell this board in no uncertain terms that they better fucking think again, that we're no just gonnae fall into line and give them yet another free pass to mug us off this time!

Couldnae believe some of the stuff I was reading across the Celtic fan boards/media sites yesterday mate. Felt like many in the support/Celtic fan media were either in a state of shock and were desperately scratching around trying to find a positive, any positive, to make this big ol' bowl of shit more palatable or they were just resigned to the fact that this was happening and were desperately trying to get everybody onboard with it.

Fuck that! Why should the support and the fan media just accept having to scratch around looking for glimmers of hope in every bad decision this board makes? Why should we just resign ourselves to a potentially disastrous managerial appointment when there's still time to pull these chancers in the Celtic boardroom back from the brink?

Rather than scratching around looking for scraps of positivity or resigning ourselves to this extremely risky hit and hope of an appointment we as a support along with the fan media should be pulling together and using our collective voice to tell this board in no uncertain terms that they better fucking think again, that we're no just gonnae fall into line and give them yet another free pass to mug us off this time!
👏👏👏

So we're led to believe GS.
Which of course will raise the question of could they even form a decent working relationship?
How much impact will a new manager have with the signing of new players?
A lot of managers don't like the idea of a DoF as they feel it can undermine a lot of decisions on what players are actually bought into the club.
So could this aussie guy be on a hiding to nothing as I fail to see what impact he can really have upon players he might think could do a good job for us with having so little knowledge of the European game.
Seems like a case of we will give you the players and you need to get the results, hardly a way to fill you with confidence on how a club should be run
We will only know about a working relationship mate if he gets the managers job,but since Harkin recommended Postecoglou I think he must know him and know him well enough to recommend him,so at this point I dont see any problems with these two..
You are right John about players signing,I have always said a player needs to know the manager he is signing for and he must have respect for the guy he is signing for.
And yes mate we are getting very close to the time when DD says,this is what we have win the league for us.
European football compared to what he has been used to definitely night and day,can he adapt quick enough ??,I think he could hold his own but not good enough to win the league unless he gets very good players in and very good assistance from the dug-out..then we might have a chance..IMO this is where Harkin gets involved,he needs to find the players capable of doing a job for us
What about us looking on the bright side,so far it has all been negative about the guy..
We know his style is to attack at every opportunity,is this not what we were crying out for last season from both Lenny and Kennedy and none of them produced it,now we have a guy whose game is based on attack and we are still not happy..
I never worry about the opposition mate no matter who they are I let them worry about us,if this aussie gets the job which is looking highly likely now he can only be 1 of 2 things ,either a car crash or another great Celtic manager.. Dont forget Bhoys and Ghirls the J.league had never seen anybody like Postecoglou until he went there and won their league..that,s what was asked of him and that is what he did..
I am not saying this guy is the answer to our prayers,what I am saying is his credentials are the best of what we have seen so far including Howe who had nothing to show us apart from a relegation..
If it is not Postecoglou at this stage, then who..???

HH.

We will only know about a working relationship mate if he gets the managers job,but since Harkin recommended Postecoglou I think he must know him and know him well enough to recommend him,so at this point I dont see any problems with these two..
You are right John about players signing,I have always said a player needs to know the manager he is signing for and he must have respect for the guy he is signing for.
And yes mate we are getting very close to the time when DD says,this is what we have win the league for us.
European football compared to what he has been used to definitely night and day,can he adapt quick enough ??,I think he could hold his own but not good enough to win the league unless he gets very good players in and very good assistance from the dug-out..then we might have a chance..IMO this is where Harkin gets involved,he needs to find the players capable of doing a job for us
What about us looking on the bright side,so far it has all been negative about the guy..
We know his style is to attack at every opportunity,is this not what we were crying out for last season from both Lenny and Kennedy and none of them produced it,now we have a guy whose game is based on attack and we are still not happy..
I never worry about the opposition mate no matter who they are I let them worry about us,if this aussie gets the job which is looking highly likely now he can only be 1 of 2 things ,either a car crash or another great Celtic manager.. Dont forget Bhoys and Ghirls the J.league had never seen anybody like Postecoglou until he went there and won their league..that,s what was asked of him and that is what he did..
I am not saying this guy is the answer to our prayers,what I am saying is his credentials are the best of what we have seen so far including Howe who had nothing to show us apart from a relegation..

HH.
Fuckin hell 4 days ago no one had heard of this guy, now you're saying he's the only option?
'credentials the best we have seen so far' we have'nt fucking looked. Everyone an his dug fell for the Howe bollox, including you.
Now it's well harkin recommended him so he must be good.
Ooh he won the J League. Big deal. How did he win it? Was he backed to the hilt by the owners an given a big transfer budget? WE don't know. We know sweet fuck all about him.
Not for me.

The only problem shadow is the board are deaf to our voices /opinions. Only one thing can change that and that would be to deny the club of cash, which won't happen as our support will not do, as it would hurt the club. The only alternative is by protesting during games when we are allowed back in. HH

Fuckin hell 4 days ago no one had heard of this guy, now you're saying he's the only option?
'credentials the best we have seen so far' we have'nt fucking looked. Everyone an his dug fell for the Howe bollox, including you.
Now it's well harkin recommended him so he must be good.
Ooh he won the J League. Big deal. How did he win it? Was he backed to the hilt by the owners an given a big transfer budget? WE don't know. We know sweet fuck all about him.
Not for me.
The blind leading the bind

On the comment about fans media polishing a turd, I've not had a chance to read what other sites have been saying but I've been chatting to Joe at Video Celts and got the gist of James Forrest's opinion on Celtic Blog. We told you on Friday that Celtic were looking overseas for the new manager and that an appointment was expected this week. The news we reported today was out of Japan (it's a done deal) and Australia (yesterday I arranged for a Celtic supporter who is writing book On Brisbane Roar to give us an insight - an informed not emotional one - into to Postecoglou. He could have said negative things in the article and we'd still have published it as is. The only change made was to change grumpy old bastard to so-and-so for the same reasons that I have to edit Sandman's wonderful ratings.

I was at K-Park today - first time I've ever seen Celtic win 10-0 an it could have been 15 or even 20. The coach is outstanding - tactically, motivation wise, fitness, squad rotation to maximise the contribution from each player - just excellent. A foreign coach , never been in Scotland before , it was never going to work.

Howe is a decent coach. Getting offered the Celtic job should have been the highlight of his career. Turning it down might be this greatest regret. The fact that he did tells those of us who wanted him that we were wrong. I count myself in that category, barking up the wrong tree. It's better to find out now rather than in 3 or 6 months.

Postecoglou isn't to blame for that. When Ronny decided to go the plan was to sound out Moyes and Rodgers and see who was the keenest. Moyes was reluctant believing he could get a Premier League gig, but Rodgers was enthusiastic. Howe wasn't was he and I don't think that he fancied managing in Glasgow and all that involves.

Dom McKay is well aware of my views on a whole range of issues so there is communication channels opening up. He was scheduled to speak to fans media this week or next around the latest at the same time as the new manager.

So I don't know which sites are spinning as accused - but there is an interest and the sites including The Celtic Star have tried to get relevant information to supporters, who like us have been shocked by recent events.

My own view is that 1 July can't come quickly enough. HH

Are you saying that you had to contact some fan in Australia cos our views on Postecoglou were too emotional and not informed enough? Well just you haud on a bloody second WC who you calling too emotio.....😭😭😭.....ok I take your point! :LOL:(y)

Aye I think a few of us commented that some of the fan media were trying to polish a turd yesterday WC. Personally wasn't directing that at The Celtic Star, it was more aimed at the fan media acrosss the board but since you mentioned it (and I know you were just posting someone else's opinion piece and not endorsing it) the Eddie Murray article in The Star did come across as a puff piece on Postecoglou.

To be honest by the end of it I wisnae sure if Eddie was trying to sell Postecoglou as Celtic manager or pitch his life story to Marvel Studios for some new superhero franchise! I mean it started off with Postecoglou's tough origin story about his family fleeing a military coup and ended by calling him a 'Greek Titan' ffs!

Seriously though I genuinely think this is a moment where the support and the fan media needs to pull together to send a message to the Celtic board WC and if you guys have McKay's ear then we know they'll hear it....this is not the time for such a risky hit and hope appointment because that's exactly what Postecoglou is and if we try to build this new era on such shaky foundations then we're setting ourselves up for a potentially monumental collapse! There are many other managers out there with a wealth of experience who would be a much safer bet and even though the clock is against us it's still worth taking the time to get this one right.

HH.
Again GS I don't now anything about J league football and what type of style they like to play, but the little bit I have seen the gaps between defence and midfield are far bigger than you would be usually seeing nowadays in British football anyway especially in Scotland.
So good movement with good ball retention is a must, things we were so poor at last season and with full back's playing so high up the park always left us wide open to the counter attack.
Has he the know how to unlock these packed defences as we certainly lacked that quality last season to do so? Hence more quality players with a far higher work rate required.
I believe many of the players we could be looking for may have to come from the English championship to suit our price bracket as still unclear what brexit brings with been able to get foreign players.
Still so many questions that can't be answered at this stage but still believe that there are still many European managers available that could revamp the whole playing structure
of the club and yet this board are so reluctant to do so, the real question is to ask is why???

At the end of the day...or should I say the end of next season........if we don't win the league......or at the very least put up a decent fight.....then it will be seck the manager time again......If we do win the league......then he will be the hero.......It's a big IF.....And this new guy may well be the man to do it......or he may not......Personally I would have preferred a manager that knows 'what its all about' in Scottish Fitbaw.....

The only problem shadow is the board are deaf to our voices /opinions. Only one thing can change that and that would be to deny the club of cash, which won't happen as our support will not do, as it would hurt the club. The only alternative is by protesting during games when we are allowed back in. HH

That's why the support and the fan media need to pull together on this one and make things as difficult as possible for them to force this nonsense through Mancbhoy.

Faithful through and through was supposed to be about having the team's back win, lose or draw it was NEVER about obediently falling into line behind the board or meekly acting as enablers to people who are constantly trying to mug the Celtic support off!

This board has weaponised that sentiment, they now use it as a tool to keep us compliant and it's about time we reminded them that 'faithful through and through' isn't some get out of jail card for board members to flash every time they want to force a bad decision through or to avoid taking responsibility for their mismanagement.

Look, if this appointment goes ahead it will have Peter Lawwells fingerprints all over it. PL's son works at Man City, Fergal Harkin still works there. City group own Yokohama. They may see AP as the successor to Pep but want to test him out with us, a sort of insurance policy.
I think Dom McKay is being used and played as a puppet by PL. He's a human shield if it goes teats up PL gets to say 'it wisny me'.

This isn't one season we're talking about. The Govan Irregulars now know for 100% certain that we're f*cked. They will spend this year's Champions League money and next year's too, confident that we'll be a shambles. It's what they do.

No amount of positive thinking is going to save us.

This is the beginning of the end...

...unless we fight back, right now.

SACK THE BOARD

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back