Premier Sports Cup Final - Celtic v Hibs, Sunday 19th December 2021

Gary67

No further news on player availability from today's press conference with Ange & CalMac. Still no word on whether Kyogo and/or MJ are available, even for a place on the bench.
Suspect neither will start with maybe one, more likely MJ, on the bench.
We are currently on a run of 17 straight wins at Hampden, but no matter how well our defence and (particularly) midfield are playing, the lack of anything up front will hurt us. Think it'll take a clean sheet and nick one, maybe from a set piece, to win it.
Looking forward to it as usual, especially the 2 1/2 hours pre match free booze at hospitality🤪
Even with all of the injury problems up front I still think we'll win. And if by some miracle Kyogo is fit to play we'll win comfortably given the lift it'll give the team and will totally change the gameplan they will be working on.
1-0 Celtic, 3-0 if Kyogo plays

Cup finals are a different kettle of fish than the league it's a one off thiers going to be goals in this one I'm going 4-2 the hoops as usual the mib will be playing a vital role not in our favour but what's new.anges first cup final in scotland I hope he's smiling at the end this man and his players deserve this for all effort they've put in this season also the the fans who give it the heap every game Mon the hoops.

Wouldn’t surprise me if we did indeed get an early bath for one of the back line, its the most straightforward way for Beaton to make an impact.
All things being equal, even short up front, if we play the way we have been, we will have too much for Hibs, there best hope is Beaton or a brain fart at the back.
Big Tam will be a Rolls Royce amongst Skodas on Sunday, I genuinely believe his feet never touch the grass, he just hovers an inch above..😂
Ange deserves a win, after his treatment before he even got here, and since, he will have achieved something not even the Holy Gerrard could, a trophy not only in his first season, but his first half season.
I’m going for a nervy 2-1.

Cup finals are a different kettle of fish than the league it's a one off thiers going to be goals in this one I'm going 4-2 the hoops as usual the mib will be playing a vital role not in our favour but what's new.anges first cup final in scotland I hope he's smiling at the end this man and his players deserve this for all effort they've put in this season also the the fans who give it the heap every game Mon the hoops.
There have to be goals or we will play again Jinky 😁 🤪🤪

Huge game again for us and the 1st of many trophies in the Ange reign I believe.
Still some huge decisions to be made on team selection still and thinking we may be forced into sticking with the 4231 formation due to the injury front as it is.
Never worked to great on Wednesday imo as in theory looked grand, but with Monty, Turnbull and josip so poor, along with others, don't think it worked out to well.
However with Rogic expected to start, then maybe better options might be available for us still.
Think 5 subs are allowed, so this might have some impact upon how Ange might tackle this match with potential players maybe fit enough to play some part depending upon how the game is going.
So at a total guess I think we might start with the 4231 again so
Hart
Ralston, CCV, Starfelt, josip
Bitton, Calmac
Turnbull, Rogic, Forrest/Johnson
Abada
Wouldn't be my favoured team selection, but showed so much character on Wednesday with the will to win that hopefully the confidence is sky high now even if some players are starting to look a bit jaded, with the amount of matches.
Got so much belief in this team now that, this is the first of many trophies coming our way this season
HH

I expect a bruising game from the Hibees
Their main man is Martin Boyle, he'll look to get wide down the wing the whole game
Boy's a player, and has speed to burn, so we'll have to be on our 'A' game
I'm picking 2-1 for the Bhoys, Cheatin' Beaton giving them a spot kick, but Abada and Rogic to secure the win for us

COYBIG

I expect a bruising game from the Hibees
Their main man is Martin Boyle, he'll look to get wide down the wing the whole game
Boy's a player, and has speed to burn, so we'll have to be on our 'A' game
I'm picking 2-1 for the Bhoys, Cheatin' Beaton giving them a spot kick, but Abada and Rogic to secure the win for us

COYBIG
Porteus favourite for red&penalty.....

Don't be surprised if beaton has a good game. In fact, he may even go the other way, and be more favourable to us. The LRA know they are being watched closely and although they don't seem to care, this will be a perfect opportunity to even things up an give the media thier angle on how celtic get just as much as the scum when it comes to decisions. This game has no bearing on where sevco end up in the league. Expect to see a hibs sending off, maybe even a double booking!!!

I’m really looking forward to tomorrow.
The ladies of the family out for lunch, socially distanced 👏, my youngest bhoy up from down south for Christmas arrives for the game and my oldest bringing our granddaughter for her first final ( her mums a hibbee but sure my baby is not!!)
Anyway enough family chat think Kyogo will play a part and really do think we will win by a couple of goals
Whether at the game or watching on the box enjoy it
Hail Hail

Don't be surprised if beaton has a good game. In fact, he may even go the other way, and be more favourable to us. The LRA know they are being watched closely and although they don't seem to care, this will be a perfect opportunity to even things up an give the media thier angle on how celtic get just as much as the scum when it comes to decisions. This game has no bearing on where sevco end up in the league. Expect to see a hibs sending off, maybe even a double booking!!!
Lubo, the Elfs hacked your account mate. 😂 😂

Lubos hit the Xmas sherry early.🎊🎊😃😃😃

very important game for us, the first trophy of the season will get to the mugs and the media.The team will I hope know they are in for a tough game don’t expect Hibs to lay down and let’s us win so we need to win and win it I’m sure we will. we have the players and Manager to ensure it
Cant wait for the reaction during and after the game, what ever we do will be wrong with every foul or push but the other side will innocent of all doings HH

Members online

Back