Questions about so called ex referees

Woodbinebhoy

I see two ex referees have criticised Chris Sutton and Michael Stewart about asking why John Beaton disallowed Celtic's second goal.
They have asked about the two pundits knowledge of the rules of the game without, of course, saying if their opinion was actually wrong.
I've followed football for 60+ years and I've never even heard of these two ex referees. They are obviously big pals with the Daily Express who are still chasing Lady Diana's killer.
They are also calling for Reo Hatate's suspension for the Rangers game. Does that not say it all. I don't think Reo has had a bad tackle since he came to Scotland but we must, in their opinion, see that he is banned for the game against "our Team." I'm glad I haven't heard about them before as they must have been pretty crap refs.

And both of them absolutely missing the point that it's Beaton's lack of knowledge or application of the rules that is the issue. Sutton and Stewart don't need an encyclopedic knowledge of the rules to do their job but Beaton does. Incompetent or biased ? I know which option I would pick . It is just the media trying to steer the anti-Celtic narrative as usual. Transparent and predictable.

And both of them absolutely missing the point that it's Beaton's lack of knowledge or application of the rules that is the issue. Sutton and Stewart don't need an encyclopedic knowledge of the rules to do their job but Beaton does. Incompetent or biased ? I know which option I would pick . It is just the media trying to steer the anti-Celtic narrative as usual. Transparent and predictable.

Referee podcast presented by some doughball hun who used to do media work for the scum c*nts

Aye that's gonna be a fair unbiased podcast with no anti Celtic agenda

Steve Conroy's seen Mike McCurry doing alright with the Sash bashes and thought ' i'll have some of that , i better start getting on they podcasts and that and having a pop at the tims '

Last edited:
I see two ex referees have criticised Chris Sutton and Michael Stewart about asking why John Beaton disallowed Celtic's second goal.
They have asked about the two pundits knowledge of the rules of the game without, of course, saying if their opinion was actually wrong.
I've followed football for 60+ years and I've never even heard of these two ex referees. They are obviously big pals with the Daily Express who are still chasing Lady Diana's killer.
They are also calling for Reo Hatate's suspension for the Rangers game. Does that not say it all. I don't think Reo has had a bad tackle since he came to Scotland but we must, in their opinion, see that he is banned for the game against "our Team." I'm glad I haven't heard about them before as they must have been pretty crap refs.
That’s why a think if var comes in we are royally fucked unless its English refs that do it!!!can you imagine these cunts scanning decisions concerning us🤔

Worrying thing is, should VAR come to Scotland, these 2 ex refs will be exactly who the LRA will employ to run it. Think on that for a second. I dont oppose the idea of VAR in scotland. My concern is with the people who run it. We all know that Celtic won't push for an independent body to be in charge. VAR will be under full control of the LRA and ex refs like these 2 guys.

Worrying thing is, should VAR come to Scotland, these 2 ex refs will be exactly who the LRA will employ to run it. Think on that for a second. I dont oppose the idea of VAR in scotland. My concern is with the people who run it. We all know that Celtic won't push for an independent body to be in charge. VAR will be under full control of the LRA and ex refs like these 2 guys.
Mibbe so, but I still dont think these clowns would be stupid enough to make the wrong decisions on VAR consistently when its gonna be there for all to see….its ok a ref live in a game sayin he didny see it properly but with multiple camera angles and slow mo, it would have to be relatively cosha or it would under attack immediately from everybody.

Spot on. Jobs for Huns that can't run.

I understand your concern Lubos but it all depends how VAR is implemented.
At the risk of repeating myself plus a with a wee bit extra.
In Oz not only do they show on the big screen what they see, they also broadcast
the reason for their decision so no hiding behind honest mistakes.
Its up to the Celtic board to insist that is what is brought in.
Yes I know if we have to depend on our board we are in trouble. :(

Mibbe so, but I still dont think these clowns would be stupid enough to make the wrong decisions on VAR consistently when its gonna be there for all to see….its ok a ref live in a game sayin he didny see it properly but with multiple camera angles and slow mo, it would have to be relatively cosha or it would under attack immediately from everybody.

Everybody?? Who?? The media?? The pundits?? Our board?? The SFA?? The LRA?? All can see every decision against us, from every angle as much as they want at the moment, without VAR. Ah Yes, I remember the rage and outcry from them all after morelos kicked and punched his way through the derby. Oh wait, that never happened. Nothing to see here timmy from all above and a nice wee private meeting and a cup of tea with our board and beaton. The media control the narrative and the outcry and everyone else plays along. "Timmy is paranoid" will be the only cry. And us....we will piss and moan on forums while everyone else forgets...until the next match, when timmy will get upset again. The refs cheat live on sky. In the knowledge that the people who are important (not us) will keep quiet and move on. The same will happen with VAR. With VAR hatate would have seen red and Maedas goal would have still been chopped off. The shove on dembele would have been ignored and not a single person outside our support would say a word. There would be rage on the forums but silence in the media. VAR is only as good as the people running it.

I understand your concern Lubos but it all depends how VAR is implemented.
At the risk of repeating myself plus a with a wee bit extra.
In Oz not only do they show on the big screen what they see, they also broadcast
the reason for their decision so no hiding behind honest mistakes.
Its up to the Celtic board to insist that is what is brought in.
Yes I know if we have to depend on our board we are in trouble. :(

Maedas disallowed goal was broadcast on TV repeatedly....but what the main focus in the media....Hatate.

Maedas disallowed goal was broadcast on TV repeatedly....but what the main focus in the media....Hatate.
Yes of course your correct but we can't just give up we got to try different ways till we get the system that is fair and honest.
I went to my first Celtic match in 1958 as a 8yr old, I'm now in my 70s (early ones)
Even now when Celtic score I look to see what the referee is doing before I celebrate. Its hard to believe but it used to be even worse.

Again...Im not against VAR. But we see in England how mistakes can be made by impartial referees. Big calls have gone wrong. Most recent one was Lukaku for Chelsea. He scores a goal in a cup final which most people believe was onside....its disallowed and Liverpool win the cup. Now there was anger but it changed nothing in the grand scheme of things. Chelsea still lost the cup and it was put down as just one of those things....and that's in a country where the media aren't in support of one club. VAR is a good idea when it is run correctly by competent, impartial and fair people. Not how I'd describe the LRA.

Yes of course your correct but we can't just give up we got to try different ways till we get the system that is fair and honest.
I went to my first Celtic match in 1958 as a 8yr old, I'm now in my 70s (early ones)
Even now when Celtic score I look to see what the referee is doing before I celebrate. Its hard to believe but it used to be even worse.

Totally agree that we shouldn't give up. The system of how refs are selected and governed needs to be changed. To hand the LRA VAR at this moment in time is handing them a weapon that will be used against every team in scotland bar 1. Every build up to a goal scored against them will be scrutinised...looking for a shove or a pull or a barge. Any excuse to chop it off....any slight contact in the box on a scum player will be an excuse to give a penalty....and there it will be...on the big screen for everyone to see...."ahhhh look!!! There!!! As morelos runs past starfelt you see his arm move slightly and catch morelos on the waist...only slight contact but enough to send morelos flying 12 yards through the air. Definite penalty"

And we will come on here and moan....and boyd will tell us at half time that there was definite contact...and Keith Jackson will say the same in the paper. And the huns on sportscene will show from every angle how starfelts arm moved and although the contact was slight there was still contact.....the board stay quiet and that's your "outcry"

And to add to that, the same thing will happen in the other end...VAR won't look at it. Boyd won't mention it, Jackson will agnore it. Sportscene won't show it and our board will still stay quiet...

Everybody?? Who?? The media?? The pundits?? Our board?? The SFA?? The LRA?? All can see every decision against us, from every angle as much as they want at the moment, without VAR. Ah Yes, I remember the rage and outcry from them all after morelos kicked and punched his way through the derby. Oh wait, that never happened. Nothing to see here timmy from all above and a nice wee private meeting and a cup of tea with our board and beaton. The media control the narrative and the outcry and everyone else plays along. "Timmy is paranoid" will be the only cry. And us....we will piss and moan on forums while everyone else forgets...until the next match, when timmy will get upset again. The refs cheat live on sky. In the knowledge that the people who are important (not us) will keep quiet and move on. The same will happen with VAR. With VAR hatate would have seen red and Maedas goal would have still been chopped off. The shove on dembele would have been ignored and not a single person outside our support would say a word. There would be rage on the forums but silence in the media. VAR is only as good as the people running it.

That’s about the strength of it…

Members online

Latest posts

Back