REALLY!!!!!!!!

bri1521

Forrest, Johnstone, Shved, Hayes, Sinclair, Dembele, Okon Flex, Morgan, Arzani …………………......….........…...……......

We have just signed our TENTH winger from a squad that has one recognised left back. I genuinely thought it was a joke when I read it. I have witnessed decades of transfer windows, I don't think I have ever been so gobsmacked at the incompetence. Jaw dropping.

Don't think I've ever been so annoyed by a hoops signing; I feel sorry for Lennon who will come out and say how delighted he is at adding a player of this quality while knowing two of our best players this season have been Mikey and James. we spent 2 million on Shved and he may now be 5th choice without ever been given a chance. And don't get me started on loan deal, we have paid a sizeable fee for a player who may never play for us...…. charley musonda anyone?

Don't think I've ever been so annoyed by a hoops signing; I feel sorry for Lennon who will come out and say how delighted he is at adding a player of this quality while knowing two of our best players this season have been Mikey and James. we spent 2 million on Shved and he may now be 5th choice without ever been given a chance. And don't get me started on loan deal, we have paid a sizeable fee for a player who may never play for us...…. charley musonda anyone?
Aye its a fair point, we do seem to collect wingers. It's almost like we're magpies, ooh winger shiny thing shiny thing let's have him, when what we really need is big, solid, capable defenders.

But they're not shiny things.

If wingers stretch the Game and take the game too them, if one of the wingers do that will you worry about it? Charly musonda? Did you know what your getting with french Eddy? Not a Football manager, but would like to think he knows what he's doing with regard the squad, it's a Season not one game. Feel free to slaughter me in May will put my hands up.

Wingers do stretch the game, completely agree. Does any team in the whole footballing world really need ten of them even for a whole season? Look at the EPL squads, they dont have as many wingers as us! We have more wingers than Man City !!!!!!! If the 'he' you refer to is Lennon, I really don't think its his decision to sign this guy. Your comment about Edouard suggests I'm against loan deals. I'm not; just against loan deals for players we don't need when were desperate for other positions.

If it's not Lennon's decision then whose is it and why? that doesn't make sense! I was brought up on the premise that if they scored 1 we'll score 2. Never knew we were a totally defence team/ club. Fuck me it's not series A it's the Scottish premier league! We're allowed to concede? that's the nature of the game. But to think were gonna ship goals left right and Centre is ludicrous. HH

I think our previous manager's famous comment about Marian Shved tells us all we need to know about who is making the transfer decisions. Read Lennon's comments recently about 'The Big Man' if you doubt it. Do you really think most managers have the final say about transfers these days?? I really don't think we have to be a "totally defence team" to want to have a range of players who can stop a goal. You said that "to think were gonna ship goals left and centre is ludicrous" who were the last team before Cluj to score 4 goals at Parkhead??? ??? not even Barca did that, they won 2-0

I think our previous manager's famous comment about Marian Shved tells us all we need to know about who is making the transfer decisions. Read Lennon's comments recently about 'The Big Man' if you doubt it. Do you really think most managers have the final say about transfers these days?? I really don't think we have to be a "totally defence team" to want to have a range of players who can stop a goal. You said that "to think were gonna ship goals left and centre is ludicrous" who were the last team before Cluj to score 4 goals at Parkhead??? ??? not even Barca did that, they won 2-0

PSG 0:5 wake up!!

Forrest, Johnstone, Shved, Hayes, Sinclair, Dembele, Okon Flex, Morgan, Arzani …………………......….........…...……......

We have just signed our TENTH winger from a squad that has one recognised left back. I genuinely thought it was a joke when I read it. I have witnessed decades of transfer windows, I don't think I have ever been so gobsmacked at the incompetence. Jaw dropping.

If Sinclair aint good enough and Mikey Johnston is our first pick then we need better option on left wing

we certainly need a better defensive options as well but lets just wait till window is shut before we knock back a quality winger who should be first team quality and maybe better than what we have already.

Im sure the management know we need better defenders too.

So with Sunday being a very big match Im hoping as a support we galvanise round what we have available to put down marker for the season

I just listened to tonights Rangers radio and its so heinous that I think every single celtic fan should listen to it in full

It should also be played to the celtic players and staff to let them alleviate any complacency in their attitudes and bring together our support without fear

Its the most disturbing listening of your week Im certain

But the Hubris and WATP overconfidence and generally everything mots decent human beings would be disturbed with

Starts off like any other broadcast till a dude Boswell appears and if he aint a psychopath then he is as close as you can get and his words will boil the blood of any human Celtic fan and fire the hearts of every single Celtic player and fan as to what their culture entails

Last edited:
Never said a manager has the say on players but by the same measure have you given in your opinion the players signed by PL any praise? Who signed Vvd, who signed moussa, who signed eddy, who signed Griff, who signed Ajer? Who signed them in your opinion. The magical scout? Cant be the manager you've already told me that. Shipping goals in Europe does not eqate to domestic games have a look at the Qaulity your playing against....Aye even Cluj.

Reactions: TET
You said: "if it's not Lennon's decision then whose is it and why??"
Does that not suggest you think he has the say on players???
For every Dembele, Edouard and Ajer there is at least three times as many Bendu, Kouassi, Musonda, Compper, Amido Balde, Hendry, Mulumbu, Toljan etc

TET, Should we not give players 2 million pound playrs like Shved a chance and even try to play Dembele a few games in case someone comes in and we can at least claim some compensation money based on appearances? Nothing from the fans of Southampton or his stats suggest he's any better than what we currently have, apart from his previous transfer price, which we seems to have a bit of an obsession about in my opinion (burke, weah etc)

You said: "if it's not Lennon's decision then whose is it and why??"
Does that not suggest you think he has the say on players???
For every Dembele, Edouard and Ajer there is at least three times as many Bendu, Kouassi, Musonda, Compper, Amido Balde, Hendry, Mulumbu, Toljan etc
thats why rodgers was shite and had to go

he burned money on dross

he put together a team that wins with squad that destroys more value than he added and his wage budget was busted out water putting club in merde

winning is the key

staying in budget tells you if you can maintain it

I rate Lennons ability to get players worth more than he pays who fit our wage model

rodgers cannot do that without excessive wage budgets that chew into the whole point of sustainability

left club in a hole with wages that needs addressed without throwing away al the capital employed in signing sub par expensive waged players who he paid way over their sell on value

I have no idea what issues Shved may be facing

Maybe he is volatile character who cant speak English and cant understand what's being asked from him

thats the risk buying players who are culturally very different from Glasgow life

I haven't seen Shved enough or know anything about him

he can score but can he play the role manager wants from him?

Last edited:
Back