RIP Jim McLean

I'm sure I read once that dundee United are the only team to have beaten Barcelona home and away twice in European competition. Some achievement.
The Roma v Liverpool European Cup Final famous for Bruce Groebbalar and his jelly legs in the penalty shoot out. Should have been the Arabs in final. Beat Roma 2-0 in semi final 1st leg. Blatantly cheated in Rome for 2nd leg. The ref later charged for capers in a game a few years later.
They played Barca in fairs cup in late 60s winning home and away.
Then in the 80s when Barca had Hughes and Linnekar, home and away again

Last edited:
The Roma v Liverpool European Cup Final famous for Bruce Groebbalar and his jelly legs in the penalty shoot out. Should have been the Arabs in final. Beat Roma 2-0 in semi final 1st leg. Blatantly cheated in Rome for 2nd leg. The ref later charged for capers in a game a few years later.
They played Barca in fairs cup in late 60s winning home and away.
Then in the 80s when Barca had Hughes and Linnekar, home and away again
The Roma semi was on a Wednesday afternoon. We had double PE at school and our teacher supported Utd so he wheeled in the tv for us to watch the game. Even us non Arabs were up in arms at the refs clear cheating.

Good friend of mines husband has been taken Into hospital tonight with a suspected stroke, anyone with good credit with the big man I'd appreciate a prayer for Sandy, cheers guys.
My Hun mate Ronnie had a stoke two years ago. He is recovering slowly but surely. It's a long road back with a lot of physio but people can and do recover. I told Ron he was a Celtic supporter when I heard he lost some of his memory, he didna wear it though!!
I hope your friends husband goes onto to make as good a recovery as Rons.
Mrs RB is a believer and I will get her to mention your friend to the chief.

My Hun mate Ronnie had a stoke two years ago. He is recovering slowly but surely. It's a long road back with a lot of physio but people can and do recover. I told Ron he was a Celtic supporter when I heard he lost some of his memory, he didna wear it though!!
I hope your friends husband goes onto to make as good a recovery as Rons.
Mrs RB is a believer and I will get her to mention your friend to the chief.
Just had it confirmed he's had a stroke, bleed on the brain irregular heartbeat. Nice people this is shite!

I'll pass on the love-in on this one.

Someone posted that he was a "thoroughly decent man" and unfortunately, nothing could be further from the truth.

I won't belabour the point. Didn't like him. Only have shockingly bad memories. I've nothing nice to say, so I'll say nothing else.

His wife is a decent lassie, so condolences to her.

I'll pass on the love-in on this one.

Someone posted that he was a "thoroughly decent man" and unfortunately, nothing could be further from the truth.

I won't belabour the point. Didn't like him. Only have shockingly bad memories. I've nothing nice to say, so I'll say nothing else.

His wife is a decent lassie, so condolences to her.
I thought you might have a different opinion on him SP. And I totally understand that as I have heard some terrible stories about him too from young players at Utd.

I hope you are well and had a good Xmas?

I thought you might have a different opinion on him SP. And I totally understand that as I have heard some terrible stories about him too from young players at Utd.

I hope you are well and had a good Xmas?
I worked through Christmas, BB, but it was fine all the same.

I got Canon Carey to bless a box of candles for me on Christmas Eve so I'll light one on a prayer for Hoopy's mate Sandy and wish for his speedy recovery. I have a day off today so I'll raise a few glasses for his good health too and that of Ronnie, Kelly and other absent friends

Hope your wee lass and good lady had a blast, BB. I'll be getting blasted today........starting from approximately now.

HH

Back