Rodgers to launch raid for Celtic stars

Been posted that Rodgers at Lennoxtown earlier to say goodbye to the players,if he was to try and get some of them, would they be willing to go,maybe the foreigners,?but the home grown players !!!!!!they are probably very well aware of how the fans feel about how this was done,and reading all the forums,tweets etc,know exactly what is going on,hh
Ray, the players know a heck of a lot more of what’s going on than any of us do. I mean, if Dembele knew back in August, it’s pretty much a guarantee the entire squad has known for the entire season if not longer.

The problem is he now knows the price we will accept for every player in the squad. 100% he will go for Calmac. Boyata on a free may happen depending how thier relationship is now

Doesn’t necessarily mean they will go or PL will want to sell to him.

Aye reaching wi the bean counter i know.

We’ll see. Wonder if wee el ugly buffalo has sent a begging text yet?

I hope the players are as sickened with him as I am. I tried to use sensible thinking all day, but the more iv'e thought about it, the more it's annoyed me into a rage. I hope to fuck Leicester go down,and he's out a job come May.

Utter Cunt.

Agree with that but he knew the score before he signed up and put in the mix highest ever paid manager of Celtic. Nothing to do with the board or PL mate.

We don't know that TGS, DD could have told him all sorts of shite to get him to sign on the dotted line. A businessman of DD's stature doesn't get to where he is without being calculated and cunning.

HH.

Was thinking about BR’s influence on the squad the past year or so, and in light of today’s news as well as the new information coming out in the blogs (not least of which is James’), how on earth, and more importantly why, was BR allowed to stay on after last summer???

Dembele’s parting shots on Twitter has a whole different meaning today than it did last August.

And Boyata supposedly threw a similar tantrum but was talked into staying and running down his contract at Celtic. Is everything on the up and up there, or is he about to sign a pre-contract with Leicester for big money? Or was his tantrum, like Dembele’s, down to his relationship with BR breaking down and now we find him more open to extending at Celtic?

Are we about to find out that Griff’s mental health issues are resolved now that BR is gone and replaced with Lenny?

I clearly don’t have any insight into what’s been going on, but I do think these events give a different impression than they did originally. And if the board was clued into all of this as James suggests, why on earth didn’t they do something about it sooner? It’s incompetence at a minimum... ?

It's easy to look back at past events and attach meaning to them but don't forget Dembele threw a tantrum then bailed the minute a half decent club came knocking, Boyata also threw a tantrum, went into a huff and feigned injury when he was needed and Griff's personal battles started long before BR turned up.

I know we're all reeling from today events but when it boils down to it Dembele and Boyata still acted unprofessionally and Griff's problems are not of BR's making.

HH Ben.

Another person who doesn't practice what he preaches, talking about players loyalty contracts etc.

Aye & the first chance he gets offski Brendan goes, I wish him all the best in his new job, but I can't see him winning the league down soufth, plus to much player power in that dressing room.

wait for smsm's interviews with Celtic player's, "will you still be here next season" are leicester showing interest" "do you see your future at Celtic" then the rumours,rodgers in for KT,Sinclair unhappy, Cal Mac want's to play at a higher level, blah,blah,feckin blah!!!
In that case, they will be staying to try for Champions' League football. Not something with which Leicester have any more than a fleeting familiarity.

It's easy to look back at past events and attach meaning to them but don't forget Dembele threw a tantrum then bailed the minute a half decent club came knocking, Boyata also threw a tantrum, went into a huff and feigned injury when he was needed and Griff's personal battles started long before BR turned up.

I know we're all reeling from today events but when it boils down to it Dembele and Boyata still acted unprofessionally and Griff's problems are not of BR's making.

HH Ben.
rodgers first manager in the history of Celtic to walk away during a season! brendan the history maker, phuq'm!

rodgers first manager in the history of Celtic to walk away during a season! brendan the history maker, phuq'm!
Well its over now MD he has made his bed, we move on, the last time i felt robbed like this was Manchester, rapid vienna replay, but we came away deflated, went to sleep and woke up still a tim with a club intact. So another chapter starts at tynecastle, lenny continues the run to eight with John K and his troops. then its onto the cup, just glad its not April fools day he did it.

HH Ben.
https://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Act...ssa-dembele-veut-faire-plier-le-celtic/935522

Google translate is your friend here, but very revealing details that haven’t been reported in SMSM.

This is an obvious time for the sleekit ones to try to divide us.....I think there very well may be one in particular who is flying under the radar.....all so subtly

This is an obvious time for the sleekit ones to try to divide us.....I think there very well may be one in particular who is flying under the radar.....all so subtly
Divide who? Divide what? They could be flying in my face who gives a Fuck? No being a cant don't get your post.

Rodgers clearly shafted the club and the supporters by leaving. However, those who let Lawwell off the hook for this debacle are flat out wrong.

We failed to plan for our young foreign players inevitable wish to move on. Our failure to make the CL Groups meant that they did not get to show off their skill sets on the big stage in Europe. That is why most of them come here and stay and bloom. If we dont get into the CL Groups they will leave more quickly and will be less willing to buy into the program. these kids dont HAVE to come to Celtic...the best ones dont anyway. Being seen as "guaranteed to make the CLGroups" is a big big draw and losing that image is incredibly hurtful in attracting the best loanees and sigining from out of Scotland. At the very least the ones you have will leave sooner and in greater numbers and you will have to be very active just to stay in place let alone move ahead.

We had Dembele's replacement in Edouard but we didnt add another likely candidate. Yes we were unllucky with Griff, but if you look over the last several campaigns, injuries in the rough and tumble scottish game are frequent enough that you need three men who can carry the load regardless of whether you start one or two. And you know English clubs will raid you last minute. We didnt fill the pipe. That is on Lawwell.

Secondly, the McGinn debacle was on Lawwell not Rodgers. We lost him by squeezing nickels out of Hibs. If he was worth getting, which it seems he was, given subsequent events, he was worth an extra 250k to 500k to lock him down once it became clear that Hibs werent budging....pure bad judgment by Lawwelll and that upset Rodgers rightfully.

Thirdly, every sixth former in Scotland could have told you that Celtic;s back line...fullbacks and center backs was not fit for purpose in Scotland by the end of last year..... let alone fit for getting us in the CL Groups to win 40-50mm Euros. There were a number of capable backs available around the 7mm range but it was "too rich for us". We could have gotten two of them and been set....then sold Boyata for 9mm to net 5 out. With our 37mm in the bank it was not something we could not afford. We missed too many backs for want of half a million to a million pouinds. If they are worth 7mm they arent overpriced at 7 per cent above [thats how much half a million extra is on a percentage basis. Wiith our revenue pro forma qualifying for the CL would have given us more that a hundred million pound in the door this year. Half a mil is half of one per cent of revenue and with the 70mm or so we would have in the bank if we had made the CL groups rather than the 37mm we have now eminently an easy decision to make if you have even a modest amount of vision. We did nothing. It cost us the CL Groups, it probably cost us Dembele who saw the writing on the wall and it cost us a probable 9 to 11 miilon dollar payout on Boyata....we lose all 11. Put bluntly Lawwell not being willing to buy players for maybe ten to twenty percent more that he would hope to get them for but early in the period so they would be ready to play in the CL cost us 40mm in revenue plus the 10mm we would have sold Boyata for at the end of the window.

Those are the three reasons Rodgers soured on the situation. Once again our management showed that they have no balls at all and no commitment to excellence. Our best analogy in Europe is Ajax Amsterdam, another Galactical club with a severe revenue problem. They are in the final sixteen of the CL because they PLAN for players leaving and GROOM THEIR SUCCESSORS in advance. Lawwell in the three instances above and in many others I could name over the last few seasons did not do this at all.

So Fuck Rodgers for the way he left. Zero class and I hope he is unemployed by Christmas.

But Fuck Lawwell too for going way too far pinching pennies, for execrable planning and for misreading so many people in so short a time. The leader of a business is paid to read situations and people and adjust tactics to fit reality. the biggest reality was the need to win 40mm in prize money..not to save spending 5mm extra pounds at all costs. We need to play to win every championship from here to eternity. We didnt live up to that standard this year. Not last summer.

They are equally at fault.

Quite frankly I hope Lawwell is eased out of controlling football operations. We don't have to be like the Huns throwing good cash after bad but we need to be willing to play like Celtic fans deserve in Europe. You can get away with a subpar back line in Scotland but you will get exposed every time in Europe. Ajax success shows that Lawwell is selling us short when he says we cant compete in Europe. Maybe we cant win the CL but we sure could win the Europa League after a good showing in the CL groups one year. We should be prepared to spend the money to make the groups every year. We didnt this year. Lawwell fucked up and the fans are paying the price.

Last edited:
Well its over now MD he has made his bed, we move on, the last time i felt robbed like this was Manchester, rapid vienna replay, but we came away deflated, went to sleep and woke up still a tim with a club intact. So another chapter starts at tynecastle, lenny continues the run to eight with John K and his troops. then its onto the cup, just glad its not April fools day he did it.

I've been disappointed today, not angry at Brendans actions, he's had the best squad in Scotland while he's been here, and we would be kidding ourselves on if we didn't admit he improved many of the players he inherited, but the squad isn't leaving so Lenny comes in at a great time for him and us.
Brendan has walked away from the club at the business end of a season which many won't forgive him for doing so, he has no doubt tarnished his reputation but has left us in a better place than he found us, Lenny must have been doing cartwheels when he got the call to return.
If the players get wired in at tynecastle and come away with a 2 or 3 goal victory, all our attention will return to Lenny and the business at hand, a treble treble.

https://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Act...ssa-dembele-veut-faire-plier-le-celtic/935522

Google translate is your friend here, but very revealing details that haven’t been reported in SMSM.

Had a read Ben and was already aware of most of what Dembele said here.

While I'm not dismissing Dembele's claims outright I think we've got to take anything he says with a big pinch of salt too as given the way he behaved (regardless of what BR may have/may not have said) it appeared he had every intention of forcing the move through by any means necessary and given he obviously has an axe to grind with BR then we've got to treat what he says with a degree of caution.

Anyway fuck both of them mate they're yesterday's men, both of them bailed in an undignified and dishonourable manner and neither deserve our trust.

HH mate.

Members online

Latest posts

Back