Rosenborg 1-1 dinamo zagreb agg 1-3

Winter

Unlucky rosenborg tonight winning 1-0 til 25 minutes to go pushing for extra time. Watching the clubs around us qualifying for the champions league shows few the size of Celtic. Young boys berne, Zagreb and olumpiakos made the groups tonight. Do they spend more than Celtic? are they better run? I think the players really feel the pressure playing for such a historic club. So many collapses under different managers . Melling played tonight and if the story has any truth it might hasten his arrival here's hoping HH

Unlucky rosenborg tonight winning 1-0 til 25 minutes to go pushing for extra time. Watching the clubs around us qualifying for the champions league shows few the size of Celtic. Young boys berne, Zagreb and olumpiakos made the groups tonight. Do they spend more than Celtic? are they better run? I think the players really feel the pressure playing for such a historic club. So many collapses under different managers . Melling played tonight and if the story has any truth it might hasten his arrival here's hoping HH
Also watch it Meling really impressive here’s hoping

Meling looks the real deal. He has everything to his game and physical prowess except height and I think that's becoming less and less important - it's rare he'd face a tall winger as our left back.

To be honest, he might have played too well tonight - champions league teams may well have been watching on, impressed.

Meling looks the real deal. He has everything to his game and physical prowess except height and I think that's becoming less and less important - it's rare he'd face a tall winger as our left back.

To be honest, he might have played too well tonight - champions league teams may well have been watching on, impressed.

"To be honest, he might have played too well tonight - champions league teams may well have been watching on, impressed."

Larry the piss pots to the left mate :sick:

Like Reply

Watched the second half. I thought Meling looked a handy player, but he could not lace KT's boots. Did not get to far forward and did not put a cross in the second half. Would still have him. At this moment I would have anybody half decent.

Watched the second half. I thought Meling looked a handy player, but he could not lace KT's boots. Did not get to far forward and did not put a cross in the second half. Would still have him. At this moment I would have anybody half decent.
I thought Rosenburg played into the oppositions hands when they got their goal. Rosenburg waited and attempted to pressurise and get the goal that would have gave them extra time and as we have seen before got hit with the sucker away goal punch.

I wouldn’t say Rosenborg were unlucky,they got beat 2-0 in Zagreb.Young boys they got knocked out on away goals rule.As for players feeling the pressure well if that’s the case they shouldn’t be pulling on the jerseys.If we can’t do basics like playing players in they’re correct positions and if experienced players do reckless things then we’ll keep getting punted out.

Olympiakos is not a big team.Its a quiete mediocre team for me.Since 1996 they made a conspiracy which led to the deterioration of the greek superleague.The league untill last year was maybe the most corrupted league in the world and the hellenic football federation was promoting Olympiakos every season.There were so many times in which Olympiakos were weaker than the elite teams of the league but the refs secured that the elite teams should be restricted by any mean.The fans were proud but in Europe they were humiliated.The weaker teams on the league had business with Olympiakos because they were somehow part of the corporation and they could buy or loan players freely and when Olympiakos played against these teams the opposition didn't feel thrilled or motivated to win.And you could see teams like AEK,PAOK,Panathinaikos were better overall but they were struggling to face the weaker teams at times.It stinks.
Olympiakos didn't spend decent money, they bearly spent while selling players.
I read news that Celtic want to buy a mediocre defender from Olympiakos. I hope not.
For me the most tricky and tough team is PAOK.
He should have won Ajax but the corrupted UEFA granted 3 fake Penalties to Ajax's side and they scored three illegal goals and the other days PAOK were frustrated and the players lost to Slovan Bratislava.I think because of the corrupted Ajax PAOK is more depressed and it could affect his game and moral.Also they have lack of LB and RB but they have 2 or 3 quality midfielders who can cross balls and fire rocket shots and belters or dribble and they are organaized in attack but the team has a lower stamina than Ajax. In the group stages of Europa Id prefer Olympiakos than PAOK in the current situation but I can't see the reason why we can't get a win over them.They are guest opponents.
Rosenborg are shit.They are clearly nothing just a very mediocre static team at max so no worries.

He did look like the real deal which convinces me he won’t be coming to us, if Lawell turns up with his wee purse of shiny sixpences.

Just another huge dissapointment to go along with all the other huge dissapointment in another ckustetfuck of a window devoid of planning or urgency.

If we don’t get the players we need to ensure 9, it will be.

Agent Lawell, return to Mordor, mission accomplished. That’s his legacy if we fall because of him.

I wouldn’t say Rosenborg were unlucky,they got beat 2-0 in Zagreb.Young boys they got knocked out on away goals rule.As for players feeling the pressure well if that’s the case they shouldn’t be pulling on the jerseys.If we can’t do basics like playing players in they’re correct positions and if experienced players do reckless things then we’ll keep getting punted out.

I meant unlucky as in unfortunate to come so close obviously Zagreb deserved to win over the 2 ties (the scores in the post header). As for saying if they can't handle the pressure they shouldn't be in the team, well aye you can say that but you can also look back at many far superior Celtic sides under better or more successful managers and see that it's a recurring theme. Since the end of Celtics European glory days mid 70s, countless super sides have failed big time in Europe away from home. I believe there's a psychological flaw in past and present Celtic sides players that's held us back from progressing in European competition. Of course you can say if the other team won they were a better team, but with Celtic sides we know that's not the case. We've been world beaters at cp regardless of the opposition but we've toiled away to far inferior teams. Neuchtel xamax, malmo, beer sheeva an extensive list of sides wed beat comfortably most days. And I'm not being arrogant saying that as I'm really saying we are underachievers in Europe. Even when we've had great sides. I remember Glenn hoddle , whom I despise for his views on disabilities, still he brought in a sports psycholgist as England manager, was mocked for it and now it's very common in most sports. I would like to see one at Celtic to help players cope with the pressure of being expected to perform to the level of the club and it's supporters expectations, which is world class. 2 champions cup appearances countless semi and quarter final appearances , even in the 00s European finalists. We are in the top 25 most successful European clubs ever seen. Problem is that whilst we are a world class club and fans , we no longer have that standard of player throughput the side. These players need support not only from the fans but also in how to cope with being a Celtic player in a hostile environment in a foreign country where we are still viewed as the big club we are but have suffered from the poverty in our domestic game. Just my opinion still I think it's unreal that the club haven't cottoned on to it yet

I meant unlucky as in unfortunate to come so close obviously Zagreb deserved to win over the 2 ties (the scores in the post header). As for saying if they can't handle the pressure they shouldn't be in the team, well aye you can say that but you can also look back at many far superior Celtic sides under better or more successful managers and see that it's a recurring theme. Since the end of Celtics European glory days mid 70s, countless super sides have failed big time in Europe away from home. I believe there's a psychological flaw in past and present Celtic sides players that's held us back from progressing in European competition. Of course you can say if the other team won they were a better team, but with Celtic sides we know that's not the case. We've been world beaters at cp regardless of the opposition but we've toiled away to far inferior teams. Neuchtel xamax, malmo, beer sheeva an extensive list of sides wed beat comfortably most days. And I'm not being arrogant saying that as I'm really saying we are underachievers in Europe. Even when we've had great sides. I remember Glenn hoddle , whom I despise for his views on disabilities, still he brought in a sports psycholgist as England manager, was mocked for it and now it's very common in most sports. I would like to see one at Celtic to help players cope with the pressure of being expected to perform to the level of the club and it's supporters expectations, which is world class. 2 champions cup appearances countless semi and quarter final appearances , even in the 00s European finalists. We are in the top 25 most successful European clubs ever seen. Problem is that whilst we are a world class club and fans , we no longer have that standard of player throughput the side. These players need support not only from the fans but also in how to cope with being a Celtic player in a hostile environment in a foreign country where we are still viewed as the big club we are but have suffered from the poverty in our domestic game. Just my opinion still I think it's unreal that the club haven't cottoned on to it yet
It’s a good opinion but I think your deluded.What good did the sports psychologist do for England under Hoddle? If our players can’t go away from home in European competitions and do the basics like pass A to B then they shouldn’t be on the park.I understand it’s a bit more pressure but away to Cluj we had a corner then 15 seconds later we’re a goal down.That to me is basic.It’s a lack of concentration,not following tactics and a huge lack of ideas from set pieces.

It’s a good opinion but I think your deluded.What good did the sports psychologist do for England under Hoddle? If our players can’t go away from home in European competitions and do the basics like pass A to B then they shouldn’t be on the park.I understand it’s a bit more pressure but away to Cluj we had a corner then 15 seconds later we’re a goal down.That to me is basic.It’s a lack of concentration,not following tactics and a huge lack of ideas from set pieces.
Aaahh the fun of bein a fan! ah'm startin tae relive a recurring nightmare MTK BUudapest away, Tam Gemmell, great save, bang! penalty! 4-0 we lost 4-3 on aggregate!!!!! recurrin theme stu, so chickens,hatchin,roostin, comin hame tae!!!!!!! COYBIG!

Well it's either a good opinion or a delusion mate can't be both. I didn't say it worked for hoddles England but it's definitely worked for many other sportsmen and women like Andy Murray, Ronnie oSullivan football like other sports is played not just on the field but also in the head denying that is like saying the earth is flat ...no wait some do say that ? it's down to the mentality and ability of the players collectively. And we've all seen good Celtic sides succumb to the pressure away from home but then overcoming the pressure at home , shakhtar karagandy but one example. Should those players never have worn the jersey? Doing the basics is one thing but it takes more than basics to be successful like the Celtic sides of the 60s and 70s even then as Michael pointed out vetsus mtk, the pressure can take hold of even better players. Sports psychology is as much a part of the modern game as any other change in the sport that's just a fact of life nothing delusional about that

Members online

Latest posts

Back