Sack Rodgers NOW!!

CarlisleReiver

The malaise, the over confidence the apathy commenced when he walked through the door. I was happy with his return, however I questioned his hunger when his first statement was;

"I'll be here for 3 years!"

Ask Ange the same thing and you'll get, " If I lose 3 games here I'm out of a job, mate!" He never took anything for granted.

Rodgers, hasn't been backed by the board, and has been seriously unlucky losing 4 of last years backline. But in the cold light of day, he has failed to improve one player (some might argue Scales but we never saw Scales play as we had CCV and Strafelt).

The second time I questioned him was when he dropped Gustaf Lagerbielke after winning at Ibrox. In his interview he said he played well, but just needs to speed up his game. Dropped!!! This is not building a player's confidence, improving them (and he cost £3m!). Where the hell is Nawrocki??? At £4.3 surely there doesn't need to be much improvement needed to beat 10 out the 11 SPL teams?

The third and not just a one off. Playing Kyogoooooaaaaaaallllll deep? No explanation needed. Give him service and he will score. Byline cut back....goal!!

I give managers a year, I gave Ange a year even when losing at the start of his first season. We all did, but you could see he was improving. Rodgers has been here, and done it. Had a good squad but constantly asked for "quality".....I've noticed he has dropped this word....because he has killed every player's confidence.

The squad is the best in the league.

Under Ange we never stopped. Under Rodgers we stopped and went backwards.

Rodgers needs to go too this week to save the season.

Its not going to happen, what I think may happen is he's gradually losing the dressing room. As you say players bought are not being given much of a chance, other players are being thrown in and played out of position.
Calmac for one does not look happy, look at Maeda's face when he scored last week, did he look happy? Kyogo has been transformed from a smiley deadly assassin to a poker faced bit part player.
There will be a change soon is my hope. Before its too late.

Its not going to happen, what I think may happen is he's gradually losing the dressing room. As you say players bought are not being given much of a chance, other players are being thrown in and played out of position.
Calmac for one does not look happy, look at Maeda's face when he scored last week, did he look happy? Kyogo has been transformed from a smiley deadly assassin to a poker faced bit part player.
There will be a change soon is my hope. Before its too late.
Bring in who Kennedy naw
Strachan but which one again Naw
Lennon ffs NAW
So Who is available,who is stupid enough to believe the lies of the Liarwell Board.
Mourinho Graham Potter
If the Manager gets sacked then it’s Kennedy
How far are Hearts behind is second safe

Jesus wept what a state we’re in ffs

HH😞

He won't be sacked. He won't be sacked in the summer if we lose the league either. Does anyone honestly think Lawwell will pay £6m+ to get rid of Rodgers when he won't sign a decent player at half that cost? Rodgers is there until the absent landlord sells up his shares I'm afraid.

He has improved a couple of players, O'Riley definitely, Scales as well but many more have regressed under his snail like passing for the sake of passing style of football, the captain being the most obvious example but also important players from last season like AJ, Taylor, Maeda, Kyogo. When people say we miss Hatate they forget the fact that when he was available Rodgers chose to play Turnbull instead.

He was the wrong appointment in the summer, the most obvious one available, especially for an EPL fanboy like Desmond, but the wrong fit if we wanted to continue with Ange's players and players scouted to fit into Ange's style of play.

Board won't sack Rogers now. He has a 3year deal on great wages. Let's all take stock at end of season, I'd rather see change in boardroom and backroom staff. Give Rodgers the quality he wants for next season and then if it all goes wrong get rid then.

The obvious, but risky, appointment would have been Kjetil Knutsen from Bodo/Glimt, still would be. Could get him before Norwegian league starts up again in April
Take him in a heartbeat Gary but that’s just the manager replaced the whole coaching department needs emptying.
I know some folks on here don’t like James Forrest but his article on his blog The deep malaise is spot on imo
We’ve never sorted the amount of conceded goals from set plays every team we play it’s how they get at us from the first Lennon era and even the Ange period.
Look at the throw ins every team man marks us so we chuck the ball in the air and hope
( Ange we did it fast ) but when the opposition gets a throw in we immediately drop off and allow them possession.
If we’re sacking the manager then fine but the entire side of the football operation should go including the Liarwells Strachans and the CEO.
We need change we need it now but we’ll continue bleeding then act almost like the 10 season
Then we act blame the manager keep the failures in place get the new man in might win things then he fuvks off to the EPL and we’re back on the roundabout again new manager or Old Manager.
Same auld Celtic always £££££££
Never a football plan

HH😞

Aberdeen got Warnock, surely someone would jump at the chance of possibly taking Celtic to the league title? 12 games to go 2 points behind.

Get the special one in until the end of the season :cool:
Yir Nuts mate.... He can fek right off and when he gets there, he can fek off even further... The one guy who would probably make me give up my season tickets....

Plenty better options.. But they'd still need backing from all..

IMO Lawwell has never forgiven Rodgers for letting people know that it was his interference that caused BR to do his midnight flit the last time. PL is coming across as petty and malicious as he plays a power game against Rodgers to show him who is boss. I think he believed the league was in the bag and so he would get away by deliberately weakening the playing side in the transfer windows to make BR look shit. Lawwell doesn't care that it adversely affects our chances of winning trophies, as long as he can reclaim all the power that he loves, and gets one over on a rival/enemy.

BR won't be sacked, but PL believes by publicly humiliating him that he will walk away, and so he can appoint another lackey that he can control.

I didn't want BR back as I thought he was too toxic for most of the support. But I, like many others, gave him my support - even though I would never trust him - because he is our manager. But he seems to be in the huff with how things have progressed (regressed?) - I think BR was made promises prior to accepting his return that simply have not been followed through on. He needs to get his finger out and start earning his huge salary to ensure that we win this league campaign.

Like many on here I believed that Knutsen was the obvious choice to take over from Ange. His style was not too dissimilar, although he might have added a bit more pragmatism to our tactics when it came to playing bigger opponents. Ange was too gung-ho at times and, although it made for incredible viewing, he probably would have been better adjusting his style for some games to give us a better chance of getting a positive result. Ah well, it ain't gonna happen now.

Last edited:
Yir Nuts mate.... He can fek right off and when he gets there, he can fek off even further... The one guy who would probably make me give up my season tickets....

Plenty better options.. But they'd still need backing from all..
Well at least one thing 50 if you're asked to pickup Mourinho at the airport. I believe it's not Celtic park you'd drop him off it's the River Clyde you'd throw him into , concrete boots and all.🤣🤣
IMO Lawwell has never forgiven Rodgers for letting people know that it was his interference that caused BR to do his midnight flit the last time. PL is coming across as petty and malicious as he plays a power game against Rodgers to show him who is boss. I think he believed the league was in the bag and so he would get away by deliberately weakening the playing side in the transfer windows to make BR look shit. Lawwell doesn't care that it adversely affects our chances of winning trophies, as long as he can reclaim all the power that he loves, and gets one over on a rival/enemy.

BR won't be sacked, but PL believes by publicly humiliating him that he will walk away, and so he can appoint another lackey that he can control.

I didn't want BR back as I thought he was too toxic for most of the support. But I, like many others, gave him my support even though I would never trust him because he is our manager. But he seems to be in the huff with how things have progressed (regressed?) - I think BR was made promises prior to accepting his return that simply have not been followed through on. He needs to get his finger out and start earning his huge salary to ensure that we win this league campaign.

Like many on here I believed that Knutsen was the obvious choice to take over from Ange. His style was not too dissimilar, although he might have added a bit more pragmatism to our tactics when it came to playing bigger opponents. Ange was too gung-ho at times and, although it made for incredible viewing, he probably would have been better adjusting his style for some games to give us a better chance of getting a positive result. Ah well, it ain't gonna happen now.
Agree with that. BB . We had great chance of getting ourselves a new name for manager. Imo it's never good to go back. As for Lawwell he should have stayed away the first time he took retirement. But his DNA of being a control freak manipulating cash hoarding bully will never change. What manager worth their salt would manage us under Lawwell.?

Fran Alonso left our Ghirls team as Celtic wouldn't invest in Ghirls team 😡
That's not strictly true and I know Fran and understand his reasons for taking the job, the manage in the biggest league in women's football and no doubt with a big rise in salary. The team is underfunded. Our changes from the bench weakened us yesterday and we are spending around a third of them.

They are dreaming about a double Treble for both men and women.

Worth reading some of the content I've posted today re our situation, the article from a reader (Bob) on the Board for instance....

And this on Sutton missing the point re Rodgers, by ignoring the Baord's role in this mess...

That's not strictly true and I know Fran and understand his reasons for taking the job, the manage in the biggest league in women's football and no doubt with a big rise in salary. The team is underfunded. Our changes from the bench weakened us yesterday and we are spending around a third of them.

They are dreaming about a double Treble for both men and women.

Worth reading some of the content I've posted today re our situation, the article from a reader (Bob) on the Board for instance....

And this on Sutton missing the point re Rodgers, by ignoring the Baord's role in this mess...

Underfunded. Get your points WC but is that not the same as not investing in team.

Back