Saddest news as Celtic legend Billy McNeill passes away - messages of condolence here please

The most Iconic captain in Scottish football left us today and in his place he left the most iconic image ever ingrained in our memories, RIP Billy McNeill, they broke the mould when you were brought to us, you gave us a unique moment in time never to be equalled still to this day.
EC and 9IAR Legend and Leader
GettyImages-1005223160.jpg

What tragic news to wake up to. The only King Billy has passed away. I was a nipper at his last game for us in the 75 final where we won 1.0.

I also was there at his testimonial against Liverpool and being so young spent most of the game watching the crowd as the place was packed to the gunnels.

As a manager for us he was our leader and a true gent.

My uncle Joe loved him, on a visit back home from his Southampton home, I decided to take him around to Billy’s pub in the Southside to see if he was in. I didn’t mention it incase he wasn’t. When standing at the bar, Billy came out from the back and my uncle Joes face was a picture. He took a doubly take looked at me and asked, is that the big man son, I think I’m losing the plot.

I told him it was, I spoke to Billy and told him Joe loved him and could he say hello. Billy went over and they shook hands. Joe’s face was like a wee boy, he is the same age, but he was meeting his hero. For the rest of the night I couldn’t get a word in as the two Celts talked about the old days. I could have went for a walk and my uncle wouldn’t have noticed. Apart from when the drink ran out. :)

When we eventually left he hugged billy and when we got outside he hugged me for taking him there to meet him. He was buzzing .

When we got back to my flat he says.

“Fuck sake son, I never got a round in, the time flew in.”

Billy had time for supporters. He was Caesar, he was a Lion, he was our manager, but first and last, he was a Celtic supporter.

A true legend and a sad day for us all. RIP Big Man. Let’s wrap up this treble in style for him.

When people bandy the word "Legend" around about players these days they do a disservice to the likes of big Caesar. He was the definition of word. RIP big man, always in our hearts.
So correct he is not only a legend, he will always be an immortal, never forgotten, always remembered.
How many of us on hearing this news felt a tightness in the throat a moistening of the eyes. Heroes never die, they are always remembered.
May the wind be behind your sails and the sun on your face as you travel to Paradise.
RIP

My first thoughts are with the McNeill family.
Then my thoughts are with the Celtic family.
We all have great memories of Billy McNeill.
Let the memories continue.
Get this 8 in a row won for Billy.
Then get the treble treble done on the 25th MAY.
Make history again.
25th May 1967- The first British club to win the European Cup.
25th May 2019- The first Scottish club to do the treble.
RIP Cesar.

What tragic news to wake up to. The only King Billy has passed away. I was a nipper at his last game for us in the 75 final where we won 1.0.

I also was there at his testimonial against Liverpool and being so young spent most of the game watching the crowd as the place was packed to the gunnels.

As a manager for us he was our leader and a true gent.

My uncle Joe loved him, on a visit back home from his Southampton home, I decided to take him around to Billy’s pub in the Southside to see if he was in. I didn’t mention it incase he wasn’t. When standing at the bar, Billy came out from the back and my uncle Joes face was a picture. He took a doubly take looked at me and asked, is that the big man son, I think I’m losing the plot.

I told him it was, I spoke to Billy and told him Joe loved him and could he say hello. Billy went over and they shook hands. Joe’s face was like a wee boy, he is the same age, but he was meeting his hero. For the rest of the night I couldn’t get a word in as the two Celts talked about the old days. I could have went for a walk and my uncle wouldn’t have noticed. Apart from when the drink ran out. :)

When we eventually left he hugged billy and when we got outside he hugged me for taking him there to meet him. He was buzzing .

When we got back to my flat he says.

“Fuck sake son, I never got a round in, the time flew in.”

Billy had time for supporters. He was Caesar, he was a Lion, he was our manager, but first and last, he was a Celtic supporter.

A true legend and a sad day for us all. RIP Big Man. Let’s wrap up this treble in style for him.
Great story tv1 ✌?

Dementia is a curse, if you have seen a relation going from being switched on and alive to not knowing who you are.
You look into their eyes and see no spark, many times it looks as if their soul is gone.
Sad, so sad
I've gone through this most awful disease my mother had before she passed its the worst heart breaking thing you simply cannot imagine what it entails unless you're exposed to it as I was both are at peace RIP MA AND BILLY none if you deserved such a cruel ending

Members online

Latest posts

Back