Scotland Vs Armenia tonight....

Think BB if he played this team last week we might have been playing Wales on Sunday,not saying we would have won it though.
Think we would have the team tonight made up of six Celtic players past and present they showed thier understanding of each play Tony showed what we missed Calmac in his link role the others picking up through balls passed to the feet of others it showed in thier play all the way through the game good result for Scotland Clarke will surely start with same team on Saturday?

Last edited:
Talk about getting ahead of ourselves, saying 9pts from 9 will be great.
Aye it sure would but 2 away games to come weve played 1 won 1 calm doon son.
McFadden " were in a brilliant place"
Eh ! Naw pal just been kod oot the world cup, hows that qualify as a brilliant place?
We beat Armenia at home , a side who like ourselves are punching above their weight being in groups B .
This nonsense does my head in , Eire may have started poorly but you can bet everything you've got they will be right up for playing us , especially seeing as we're in such a brilliant place 🙄

Eh ! Naw pal just been kod oot the world cup, hows that qualify as a brilliant place?
We beat Armenia at home , a side who like ourselves are punching above their weight being in groups B .
This nonsense does my head in , Eire may have started poorly but you can bet everything you've got they will be right up for playing us , especially seeing as we're in such a brilliant place 🙄
No need for you to worry winter, if you seen some of the shit we are currently serving up.
Duffy still remains our biggest goal threat 😔

One game at a time, seen enough of Scotland failures over the last 50yr tae know better. Than start this we're in a good position 💩.

Premier Sports just trying tae drum up subscriptions for what is a woeful competition & IMO a waste of fuckin time

Not long in from watching Top Gun at the pictures, not a bad movie btw. Just seen Tony scored, well done son I'm pleased for you. I hope we've given him a wage rise, he's bound to be attracting attention South of the border.

One game at a time, seen enough of Scotland failures over the last 50yr tae know better. Than start this we're in a good position 💩.

Premier Sports just trying tae drum up subscriptions for what is a woeful competition & IMO a waste of fuckin time
Really need KT back in the side if Scotland are to sneak a back door entry place for the euros ( or whatever this nations league is in aid of this time) .
He brings genuine quality and leadership to the team and young as he is the squad still look to him and Robertson for leadership.
Not long in from watching Top Gun at the pictures, not a bad movie btw. Just seen Tony scored, well done son I'm pleased for you. I hope we've given him a wage rise, he's bound to be attracting attention South of the border.
Aye I enjoyed the film as well Brimcbhoy much better than the first which had a bit too much romance but this one has plenty good action, as it should being an action movie.
Tiger played out of his skin and showed hes ready for the step up.
He has that utter determination about him , full blooded tackles and no holding back .
Reminded me of KT a wee bit and that's high praise.
Just about keeping feet on the ground as weve won a game we were expected to win.
Eire will be different regardless of bookies favourite it's an international derby really of sorts.

Question

Would you rather play the likes of Nigeria at home then Iceland away in meaningless friendlies or play 6 competitive matches over a year that give you another chance to qualify for either the euros or the world cup??

No brainer!
No brainer of course , annoying though that theres still useless friendlies.
I'm warming to it because we actually get ti see Scotland win noo and then 😊

No need for you to worry winter, if you seen some of the shit we are currently serving up.
Duffy still remains our biggest goal threat 😔
Havent seen the highlights of that game but read Eire played better than they have been of late just missing the final ball.
Is that an accurate report ?

Really need KT back in the side if Scotland are to sneak a back door entry place for the euros ( or whatever this nations league is in aid of this time) .
He brings genuine quality and leadership to the team and young as he is the squad still look to him and Robertson for leadership.

Aye I enjoyed the film as well Brimcbhoy much better than the first which had a bit too much romance but this one has plenty good action, as it should being an action movie.
He has that utter determination about him , full blooded tackles and no holding back .
Just about keeping feet on the ground as weve won a game we were expected to win.
Eire will be different regardless of bookies favourite it's an international derby really of sorts.
Ralston was in Top Gun?? 🙀

I get annoyed with the media getting all excited by a convincing win over a minnow. We play another 2 games before round 1 of this NL shit is over. If we've got 9pts from 3 games, then we can get excited. Round 2 is Ukraine(H), Ireland(H), Ukraine(A), after those 2 home games.then we can start talkin about being in position to do something. Ireland are poor just now & it's reflecting in the table P2 0 Pts, if they get up for the Scotland game good should be some match.

KT is a big miss, his ability too get forward & causing havoc on the left, means the opposition are caught out by the overload on the left

I get annoyed with the media getting all excited by a convincing win over a minnow. We play another 2 games before round 1 of this NL shit is over. If we've got 9pts from 3 games, then we can get excited. Round 2 is Ukraine(H), Ireland(H), Ukraine(A), after those 2 home games.then we can start talkin about being in position to do something. Ireland are poor just now & it's reflecting in the table P2 0 Pts, if they get up for the Scotland game good should be some match.

KT is a big miss, his ability too get forward & causing havoc on the left, means the opposition are caught out by the overload on the left
Aye same and you just know that now they've hit out with that nonsense after 1 home game win against the weakest side in the group , 9 pts is a tall order the squad does not need any added pressure.
Ukraine are the favourites but each side in this group are beatable as weve just witnessed this past week.
Not un-do-able , though.
Eire struggled for form in Armenia, no doubt the heat played a part in that as well as Armenia having a far better home record than away.
Yet to watch the Ukraine's win but what I've read suggests the Irish are beginning to get their game together.
I expect both ties which are both away to be difficult games.
Armenia showed little bits of what they can do last night, taking on our defenders 1 on 1 .
The Eire game is always going to be a tough battle wherever its played.
I'd like to see that game played at CP given Scotland won against them there last time and the team really rose to the crowd noise levels which was awesome but the SFA would never have that.
Theyd rather we play teams like San Marino at 50,000 capacity hampden knowing fine well it's a big ask to expect 25,000 to turn up.
Those kind of games should be played at Tynecastle or pittodrie and have a full stadium of tartan army giving it laldy.
CP is by far the most intimidating football ground in the country when at fever pitch.
We never use these possible advantages in our armoury unless forced to do so.
It's also unfair on the tartan army and even club fans too like hearts, hibs, Aberdeen, St Johnstone, both Dundee clubs as well playing semi finals at hampden when theres Murrayfield right on the doorstep.
Or a choice of stadium without the fans having to trek the country and back .
All unnecessary and only so the SFA can earn as much as possible.

Last edited:
A worrying aspect of the game last night……how long before the manager finally realises that if he fills the team with Celtic and ex-Celtic players, he’ll have a team full of winners that will win more than lose 🤷‍♂️
Think hes already realised that BB as only McKenna, McGinn, Soutar & Adams in the starting XI hadn't played for Celtic at some level in their career.
Add to that KT will return and Clarke's Scotland side is beginning to look a lot like WGS did , a national team made in paradise 🍀

Another worrying aspect of last nights game is that as incredible as it is, it seems that we have 2 recognised strikers in Dykes and Adams.
Clarke took a page from Rodgers book and played Christie up front and Armstrong was also a bit further forward for his natural position as well.
It worked , Armstrong I think had one of his better games in the Scotland jersey.
That may work against Armenia but if we dont start producing goalscorers /strikers we will get found out .
Who have we got should both be injured?
I'm struggling to think of anyone really who could cut it at that level.
Frustrating as hell when a player like Griffiths and his abilities just give up and at a time when we really should be seeing the best of him

Ross Stewart of Sunderland and Jacob Brown of Stoke along with Turnbull are listed as forwards in the squad .
We know Turnbull is an attacking midfielder and though I've not seen enough of the other 2 to pass fair judgement.
Im hardly filled with confidence and doubt that they would strike fear into any sides defence .
Ross countys Regan Charles-Cook and Giakoumakis the golden boot winners none of them are eligible for selection for the Scottish squad.] Charles-Cook can choose England or Granada , GG is Greek 13 goals apiece good return for GG being injured half thecseason

Members online

Latest posts

Back