Scottish Champs v European Champs, Tues 6th Sept 2022 at 8pm (BST)

Bridie Bhoy

So we welcome the mighty Real Madrid to Paradise. A massive game that is a huge step up in class compared to anyone we've played in recent years. I expect them to try to dominate us but if everything falls right for us then we have a chance of pulling off a big shock here.

My heart is over-ruling my head and I am going for a 2-1 win to the Celtic. We will have to work hard and our defence will need to play out of our skins and get our share of luck. Kyogo will be a sore miss as he puts a lot of pressure high up the pitch.

Mon The Hoops! 🍀

So we welcome the mighty Real Madrid to Paradise. A massive game that is a huge step up in class compared to anyone we've played in recent years. I expect them to try to dominate us but if everything falls right for us then we have a chance of pulling off a big shock here.

My heart is over-ruling my head and I am going for a 2-1 win to the Celtic. We will have to work hard and our defence will need to play out of our skins and get our share of luck. Kyogo will be a sore miss as he puts a lot of pressure high up the pitch.

Mon The Hoops! 🍀
Really looking forward to this match even moreso after the brilliant result today.
Totally different game to be expected and one I believe will actually suit us moreso than the Hun scum thuggery approach to a game imo.
Agreed BB that kyogo stands to be a huge loss but also think Ange may well have held hako back with this match in mind as would be a bit surprised to see GG start after the last 2 very physical contests he's has been involved in and a totally different approach for this game I think could be in the offering with a proper football in the offering.
Also with the starfelt injury that Jenz would possibly have been the better option for this particular game regardless also.
We have enough about this team to get the win and can't see a reason why we won't and strongly believe that we gain a deserved win also imo.

Really looking forward to this match even moreso after the brilliant result today.
Totally different game to be expected and one I believe will actually suit us moreso than the Hun scum thuggery approach to a game imo.
Agreed BB that kyogo stands to be a huge loss but also think Ange may well have held hako back with this match in mind as would be a bit surprised to see GG start after the last 2 very physical contests he's has been involved in and a totally different approach for this game I think could be in the offering with a proper football in the offering.
Also with the starfelt injury that Jenz would possibly have been the better option for this particular game regardless also.
We have enough about this team to get the win and can't see a reason why we won't and strongly believe that we gain a deserved win also imo.
I agree that Jenz might have been the right call rather than Starfelt, so it maybe makes it an easier call for Ange. But with Welsh also maybe out then we may need Lawal on standby.

I agree that Jenz might have been the right call rather than Starfelt, so it maybe makes it an easier call for Ange. But with Welsh also maybe out then we may need Lawal on standby.
The potential problem regarding that I believe BB is that you have to name a 25 man squad and pick your team from there I believe for the group stages.
Possibly leaves us now having to make some big decisions upon the injury front now and hoping that nothing is to serious or long term either

The potential problem regarding that I believe BB is that you have to name a 25 man squad and pick your team from there I believe for the group stages.
Possibly leaves us now having to make some big decisions upon the injury front now and hoping that nothing is to serious or long term either
I think we can also have home grown youngsters in our B list too, to supplement the 25 players.

Mon The Hoops! 🍀
A massive step up indeed BB; but hopefully we're entering a period REAL ambition. A period where the name Celtic is being mentioned more regularly with those of the so-called elite clubs . A period in which we don't judge ourselves as being good enough simply because we top the lot in Scotland !

They have tales of Dortmund and PSV, bigged up ther pals in the media as some sort of Euro giants.
I think if we can hold on to a draw on Tuesday, it will surpass anything any Scottish club has done since we won it to be honest, holders and 14 time winners?
I remember Stephen Hendry being asked what his snooker aspirations were, his answer…..to wipe Steve David from the record books….thats what I want for Celtic..to wipe any mention of they manky bastards from the record books, don’t care if its titles, trophies, crowds or whatever.

They have tales of Dortmund and PSV, bigged up ther pals in the media as some sort of Euro giants.
I think if we can hold on to a draw on Tuesday, it will surpass anything any Scottish club has done since we won it to be honest, holders and 14 time winners?
I remember Stephen Hendry being asked what his snooker aspirations were, his answer…..to wipe Steve David from the record books….thats what I want for Celtic..to wipe any mention of they manky bastards from the record books, don’t care if its titles, trophies, crowds or whatever.
I'd say our 2012 victory against Barca was a massive achievement. They were head and shoulders above every other team in the world and were flying. We had 4 important first team starters out for that game and still beat them. I'd argue that would be better than drawing against this Madrid side. But beating them is a different discussion.

Back