Scottish Champs v European Champs, Tues 6th Sept 2022 at 8pm (BST)

A massive step up indeed BB; but hopefully we're entering a period REAL ambition. A period where the name Celtic is being mentioned more regularly with those of the so-called elite clubs . A period in which we don't judge ourselves as being good enough simply because we top the lot in Scotland !
I agree. For the 1st time since MON we're spending for the bigger picture. CL has to be a regular feature to keep the same investment in every window.

A think it will be another special European night many a team have come through the years , giants of the game and had there arse handed to them
Don't know the score but do believe this will be the biggest shock of the night

A think it will be another special European night many a team have come through the years , giants of the game and had there arse handed to them
Don't know the score but do believe this will be the biggest shock of the night
Totally agree Kelly, yet wouldn't class it as a shock myself even if the rest of Europe would.
I think we will rattle Madrid with our aggressive high press and a very fast tempo will surprise then scare the life out of them imo.
Think if we sit off Madrid and allow them to play it could turn into a very hard and long night for ourselves imo.
The support will help with providing the extra energy levels that could be required, and who knows how this Madrid will be able to handle the Celtic Park European night experience?

Ano it’s not the most important thing to come out the game yesterday but did anyone notice the amount of hun players going out there way to bless themselves going on to the field knowing cameras bang on them??never ever seen Morelos,or Kent do it before..thinking it might be a ploy to get the bears heads popping way rage”get the tarrier,papish,blah blah to fuck??hence exit door opens!!

Will Real score? Aye more than likely at least once…will we score? No reason to think we couldn’t get at least one on the board as the game will be open…Madrid won’t be parking any buses like others we know.
I genuinely think this could be a hi scorin game, a bit like the Man City ties…2-2 possibly.

Will Real score? Aye more than likely at least once…will we score? No reason to think we couldn’t get at least one on the board as the game will be open…Madrid won’t be parking any buses like others we know.
I genuinely think this could be a hi scorin game, a bit like the Man City ties…2-2 possibly.
Sounds realistic when you see it black and white like that.
Also realistic is a 3-1 Madrid victory cos they can do that to any side.
It's the confidence levels in our side that I'm hoping will be the difference between us getting something from this game.
We dont fear anyone , and much like bodo/glimt will go for it.
Hopefully we get them before they are completely up to speed .
Madrid wont have sampled nights like what's approaching much even if they played against city h&a.
These bhoys just need to keep that belief our game transfers to European football as well and stick with it.
11-10 Celtic HH

As we huvnae played them since the 1980’s they could well underestimate us, and see us as a wee diddy team with a big support, there every chance we could catch them oot, with…..
The disco lights, could dazzle them
The noise inside the stadium, could deafen them, not hearing teammates
Ange ball, the champions league husnae seen it,
And our secret weapon……the speed and quickness of our ball bhoys/ghirls

I also think there’s goals in this game….we won’t be able to keep them out….but can they keep us out? That is the burning question…..
3-1 tae the hoops, coybig

As we huvnae played them since the 1980’s they could well underestimate us, and see us as a wee diddy team with a big support, there every chance we could catch them oot, with…..
The disco lights, could dazzle them
The noise inside the stadium, could deafen them, not hearing teammates
Ange ball, the champions league husnae seen it,
And our secret weapon……the speed and quickness of our ball bhoys/ghirls

I also think there’s goals in this game….we won’t be able to keep them out….but can they keep us out? That is the burning question…..
3-1 tae the hoops, coybig
It would be nice to think Madrid could be complacent but I don't expect them to be. I'm sure Ancelotti will have done his homework

It would be nice to think Madrid could be complacent but I don't expect them to be. I'm sure Ancelotti will have done his homework
Every team we have faced this season would have done there homework and all arguably with better knowledge of the players we have and the strengths and weaknesses within them, and yet no one has come close to be able of stopping us, so why should Madrid be any different?
We have a team full of international players and yet arguably the best of our lot in Jota is not even classed as an international player yet, such is how misleading football can be at times.
We are a very good team in our own right and still can't see why this celtic team with the confidence and ability throughout a team and subs bench can't achieve the winning result.
Madrid, fuck Madrid only really interested in what we can and well capable of actually doing to them moreso than worrying about what they might or could do to us imo.

Every team we have faced this season would have done there homework and all arguably with better knowledge of the players we have and the strengths and weaknesses within them, and yet no one has come close to be able of stopping us, so why should Madrid be any different?
We have a team full of international players and yet arguably the best of our lot in Jota is not even classed as an international player yet, such is how misleading football can be at times.
We are a very good team in our own right and still can't see why this celtic team with the confidence and ability throughout a team and subs bench can't achieve the winning result.
Madrid, fuck Madrid only really interested in what we can and well capable of actually doing to them moreso than worrying about what they might or could do to us imo.
Just because we are playing the European champions and a manager who has won 4 of them. I didn't say we couldn't win. I said that Madrid are most unlikely to be complacent.

Just because we are playing the European champions and a manager who has won 4 of them. I didn't say we couldn't win. I said that Madrid are most unlikely to be complacent.
Would be very surprised Neil as there manager not really the type to let complacency set into a team, weather they could have the same hunger for the game, now that could be a totally different matter which could make us favourites on that score imo.

Would be very surprised Neil as there manager not really the type to let complacency set into a team, weather they could have the same hunger for the game, now that could be a totally different matter which could make us favourites on that score imo.
Well, we've got a good run behind us, players who are focused and willing to work and the stadium will be bouncing off its foundations so we will have the right conditions to get a win.

Well, we've got a good run behind us, players who are focused and willing to work and the stadium will be bouncing off its foundations so we will have the right conditions to get a win.
To true Neil and as a club who wants and needs to be taken seriously as a proper CL team, then this has to remain our ambition as a club going forward imo.
These nights have to be savoured and enjoyed, no matter how inexperienced we remain at such a level.
I know the focus is because Madrid are the current champions of the CL, yet was it villareal that lost to Liverpool in the semi final last season?
So do we really rate ourselves that low that its impossible to do what villareal managed last season?

To true Neil and as a club who wants and needs to be taken seriously as a proper CL team, then this has to remain our ambition as a club going forward imo.
These nights have to be savoured and enjoyed, no matter how inexperienced we remain at such a level.
I know the focus is because Madrid are the current champions of the CL, yet was it villareal that lost to Liverpool in the semi final last season?
So do we really rate ourselves that low that its impossible to do what villareal managed last season?
I have no doubt that the atmosphere will be electric and the players will feed off it and give Madrid no respite at all. Even though Madrid are the current European champions, they have 11 players on the pitch as we will and we have fast, skilful players who can score goals and they will believe they can win which is what they should believe. Anyone who doesn't probably wouldn't get in an Ange team.

I have no doubt that the atmosphere will be electric and the players will feed off it and give Madrid no respite at all. Even though Madrid are the current European champions, they have 11 players on the pitch as we will and we have fast, skilful players who can score goals and they will believe they can win which is what they should believe. Anyone who doesn't probably wouldn't get in an Ange team.
Very true Neil, sure we will give them the respect earned by themselves, and would be very silly for them not to show us the same respect.
Hoping and believe that it will be a great game of proper football produced from 2 good football team who want to play the game in the proper manner, and really looking forward to it so much.
The beauty of it nothing is going to be decided regardless of the result on the night which hopefully leads to a more open game than a cat and mouse cagey type of game, and a more open game may well suit us better also imo.

Back