Scottish Cup Final - Celtic v Hearts, Saturday 25 May - all comments here

down tae who's fit,cos it'll be a different game on saturday,avril will have his hammerthrowers back, i've read we've played fearts twice in scottish cup finals and lost both,so whoever is picked has to be 100% on it from the get go,this ain't a gimme,the pressure on the bhoys is through the roof,an unprecedented treble treble, WOW! COYBIG!

who are the mib's for saturday.......
Sadly, Willie Gollum is trying to referee this weekend with Alan Mulvanny & Ralph Gordon running the line. Don Robertson is the 4th official tasked with separating Lenny & Levein after yet another Hearts hammer-thrower foul. Bobby Madhun & Kevin Clancy are the assistants behind the goals ignoring clear handballs off the line by Hearts defenders.

I don't think it matters too much on which team Lenny put out, we know it will a strong team with a good bench to back it up ,more concerned with Leveins tactics he will be aware that a strong Celtic will take them apart so it will be a stop them at all costs,.we know the man has no scruples and will resort to anything to win,Lenny and the team will still pick up the cup on Saturday Hail Hail to the CHAMPIONS

I don't think it matters too much on which team Lenny put out, we know it will a strong team with a good bench to back it up ,more concerned with Leveins tactics he will be aware that a strong Celtic will take them apart so it will be a stop them at all costs,.we know the man has no scruples and will resort to anything to win,Lenny and the team will still pick up the cup on Saturday Hail Hail to the CHAMPIONS

I think thats why he put out a weaker squad last week Jim.

I honestly believe he wants the kudos of stopping Celtics quest for the Treble Treble even more-so than silverware.

Theres just something very petty about him which makes stopping the TT higher on his agenda.

I'm bored and off work. So this would be my cup final team and squad:

Bain

Lustig - Ajer - Benkovic - Tierney

McGregor - Brown

Forrest - Rogic - Johnston

Edouard

Subs: De Vries, Toljan, Simunovic, Hayes, Dembele, Sinclair, Ntcham

(I know Lennon will start with Simunovic, and I don't think he's a bad player at all and won't be disappointed to see him back in there with Ajer, but I simply think Benkovic is better and would love to keep him on loan for another season)

I get what you're saying about Rogic - he's been mostly pish since coming back from injury. Hasn't seemed fit at all, but his best game in that period was the cup semi against Aberdeen. I'd give him a run out - can always bring on Ntcham and play McGregor further forward. As for Toljan - my only worry is that we have no cover at right-back at all. If Lustig's hamstring or whatever it was goes again, we'll need some cover at RB.

I get what you're saying about Rogic - he's been mostly pish since coming back from injury. Hasn't seemed fit at all, but his best game in that period was the cup semi against Aberdeen. I'd give him a run out - can always bring on Ntcham and play McGregor further forward. As for Toljan - my only worry is that we have no cover at right-back at all. If Lustig's hamstring or whatever it was goes again, we'll need some cover at RB.
Sam - you have picked a strong team BUT we already have a serious question mark over Lustig's hamstring and Tierney is clearly not match fit and could well possibly break down again as per his previous cameo appearances. There is a high possibility that we'll need to waste 2 subs for full backs early on again and you only have 1 on the bench and he was appalling last week. Although Ajer could move across in an emergency I suppose - I think we'll all agree that we don't want to see the MacGregor as full back experiment again in such a high profile game.

Rogic is in poor form and frankly doesn't look fit enough to go the whole 90 minutes on the big pitch at Hampden either, so we could be in trouble if Levein's hammer throwers start putting the boot in and we've used up all 3 subs on pre-injured/not fully fit players. Also it has been widely reported that Broony is playing with a broken toe so expect an "accidental" treading on his foot at the first corner kick!

Personally I'd risk a maximum of 1 full back and have Hayes as at least back-up on the bench, if not starting. We obviously have more than enough to win this final fairly comfortably - though Hearts will fight like hell for everything - but see no reason to unnecessarily gamble on too many player's fitness which could result in us finishing with 10 men again (as per Rangers game in March).

I think thats why he put out a weaker squad last week Jim.

I honestly believe he wants the kudos of stopping Celtics quest for the Treble Treble even more-so than silverware.

Theres just something very petty about him which makes stopping the TT higher on his agenda.
Could not agree more his agenda is to stop the TT and hope he makes a name for himself and will risk his team to achieve it,his history is nothing to boost about,I think it's more about him than the his team

Sam - you have picked a strong team BUT we already have a serious question mark over Lustig's hamstring and Tierney is clearly not match fit and could well possibly break down again as per his previous cameo appearances. There is a high possibility that we'll need to waste 2 subs for full backs early on again and you only have 1 on the bench and he was appalling last week. Although Ajer could move across in an emergency I suppose - I think we'll all agree that we don't want to see the MacGregor as full back experiment again in such a high profile game.

Rogic is in poor form and frankly doesn't look fit enough to go the whole 90 minutes on the big pitch at Hampden either, so we could be in trouble if Levein's hammer throwers start putting the boot in and we've used up all 3 subs on pre-injured/not fully fit players. Also it has been widely reported that Broony is playing with a broken toe so expect an "accidental" treading on his foot at the first corner kick!

Personally I'd risk a maximum of 1 full back and have Hayes as at least back-up on the bench, if not starting. We obviously have more than enough to win this final fairly comfortably - though Hearts will fight like hell for everything - but see no reason to unnecessarily gamble on too many player's fitness which could result in us finishing with 10 men again (as per Rangers game in March).

Spot on for me Bridie Bhoy

Back