Scottish media and our Board.

Lubos left peg

Is there any chance our Board will stand up for the club against the Scottish media? I don't read the Scottish rags so can only go on what I read in the Celtic blogs. But according to James Forrest blog, which was posted today, the media have made up more lies about our fans. Apparently attacking buses full of children.
We all have our own theories of why our board won't call out the corruption in Scottish football but what is stopping them from defending the club against the constant stream of pish pouring from every media outlet in Scotland? And this pish spreads believe me. The English Sun is happy to reprint negative stories about Celtic in there little "Scotch Corner" section. Who gives a fuck what the English think?? It should matter to our board. Good publicity brings sponsorship and investment. Fans smashing up buses full of kids doesn't.

Is there any chance our Board will stand up for the club against the Scottish media? I don't read the Scottish rags so can only go on what I read in the Celtic blogs. But according to James Forrest blog, which was posted today, the media have made up more lies about our fans. Apparently attacking buses full of children.
We all have our own theories of why our board won't call out the corruption in Scottish football but what is stopping them from defending the club against the constant stream of pish pouring from every media outlet in Scotland? And this pish spreads believe me. The English Sun is happy to reprint negative stories about Celtic in there little "Scotch Corner" section. Who gives a fuck what the English think?? It should matter to our board. Good publicity brings sponsorship and investment. Fans smashing up buses full of kids doesn't.
Im afraid the board aren't on the ball when it comes to these matters, the only thing people should do is take a leaf out of your book LLP, don't buy the rags, what we are then left with is a gutter press, printing stories for the benefit of the filth support who buy them, I haven't bought one for years mate and like yourself, I get all things Celtic from the interweb, especially the Celtic Noise Madhouse.

This Board has all the Fight of an anorexic wondering if 2 crisps are being greedy.
Lawell and his cohorts will play the Status quo.
We need a bunnet type who only fights for his
Own Club, Our Club.
Would rather fight and loose than cower like frightened rats.
Time to kick Jobbi the shit where it hurts, between the typewriter.
So come on Board get your fucking finger oot.

HH☘️

Don't hold your breath waiting for action from our Board .

Remember when Neil Lennon was being victimised , attacked in the street , attacked on the pitch , attacked in the press , threatened , abused , having death threats , bullets in the post ,having 'suspect ' packages sent to his home , and of course being blamed for causing a referees strike - where was our Board then ?
Do YOU remember the outraged statements and sterling defence they provided which was applauded by all right-minded people in this country , and sent a clear message that our club would never tolerate this sort of treatment again .

No , neither can I !

Last edited:
When ever the board is mentioned on the threads there is fantastic discussions for and against how they act in situations, whether that be spending money, banning the GB, backing or not backing the manager...I would love for someone to give me one good reason why they don't speak up against the constant onslaught of negativity coming from the press. It's easy to say it won't make any difference, the stories will keep coming regardless. Our board should still defend us. Ban the media. No right minded Celtic fan reads their pish anyway. Open the doors to and promote our bloggers. Get Celtic news out that way. Then everyone will know that the shite they write about us is just that....utter shite.

Last edited:
if you want a reaction from the board then you need to speak up or throw a mars bar at them , they couldn't give a flying fk
press has shat on us none stop and silence we even run advertising for superscoreboard who are worse than the msm at times

When ever the board is mentioned on the threads there is fantastic discussions for and against how they act in situations, whether that be spending money, banning the GB, backing or not backing the manager...I would love for someone to give me one good reason why they don't speak up against the constant onslaught of negativity coming from the press. It's easy to say it won't make any difference, the stories will keep coming regardless. Our board should still defend us. Ban the media. No right minded Celtic fan reads their pish anyway. Open the doors to and promote our bloggers. Get Celtic news out that way. Then everyone will know that the shite they write about us is just that....utter shite.
I've tried on many occasions to mitigate for the board, Lubo.

I'll never mix in their spheres of influence and I don't fully understand the financial intricacies of operating a football club.

I don't necessarily agree with their stance on many subjects, I just don't know if there's a ready-made alternative that can do a better job?

I just don't know, and as a consequence - I'm prepared to give them the benefit of the doubt in areas that can only be determined by points of law and in those fields that are outside of my knowledge and expertise.

What I do find disturbing, is that when DD was cold-cocked by Daly and the BBC about his investment in the Irish banking sector, I'll bet your fur and your wee lassie's pink tammy, that he was on the blower to his legal team and threatening allsorts.

Rightly so!

I just wish he and the board would show the same chagrin when the good name of hundreds of thousands of Celtic supporters worldwide is being falsely accused of perpetrating unsolicited attacks.

Without fact-checking, or calling out the print and broadcast media, those representatives of Our Club are giving them carte-blanche to write and say what they want without any recriminations.

I don't read or listen to the media in this country, but that doesn't mean to say that they have a licence to report complete and utter bullshit.

I can't offer the board much of a defence on this one.

I've tried on many occasions to mitigate for the board, Lubo.

I'll never mix in their spheres of influence and I don't fully understand the financial intricacies of operating a football club.

I don't necessarily agree with their stance on many subjects, I just don't know if there's a ready-made alternative that can do a better job?

I just don't know, and as a consequence - I'm prepared to give them the benefit of the doubt in areas that can only be determined by points of law and in those fields that are outside of my knowledge and expertise.

What I do find disturbing, is that when DD was cold-cocked by Daly and the BBC about his investment in the Irish banking sector, I'll bet your fur and your wee lassie's pink tammy, that he was on the blower to his legal team and threatening allsorts.

Rightly so!

I just wish he and the board would show the same chagrin when the good name of hundreds of thousands of Celtic supporters worldwide is being falsely accused of perpetrating unsolicited attacks.

Without fact-checking, or calling out the print and broadcast media, those representatives of Our Club are giving them carte-blanche to write and say what they want without any recriminations.

I don't read or listen to the media in this country, but that doesn't mean to say that they have a licence to report complete and utter bullshit.

I can't offer the board much of a defence on this one.

SP you are a voice I always respect and I read your posts with great interest. Even when I'm so critical of the board, which is a lot I have to admit, and you defend them you do so it well. If you can't defend them then I know they are being utter shits ???

SP you are a voice I always respect and I read your posts with great interest. Even when I'm so critical of the board, which is a lot I have to admit, and you defend them you do so it well. If you can't defend them then I know they are being utter shits ???
The feelings mutual, Lubo.

As you pointed out in the OP, it's the diversity of opinions that I really enjoy.

I like having my thoughts questioned and I like considering other folks points of view.

In my opinion, the Board get a solid 7/10 and that's because, in spite of their shortcomings, they brought in a class manager and stabilised the finances. Still a whole load of room for improvement though, and their disregard for the fans when they're being battered by the press is definitely one of those areas that needs improving.

We'll never win the hearts and minds of neutral fans and I hope we never ever become as defensive and deluded as the huns, but we do need some protection and for the money we are forced to spend each season to the polis, you would hope that the polis, press, and Glasgow Council would be on the receiving end of a verbal broadside by our board.

When has Lawel and board ever fought our corner,
I dont get that surely the corner you want fought is the same corner they share, the refs impact them as well. If you think PL and the board would happily squander the title and the history and finance it brings i think you are barking up the wrong tree, he may not be everyones cup of tea, but show me better.

Last edited:
I think the one thing you must not do is ban the press or individual reporters. It is the wrong thing to do for a start because it is an attack on free speech It is not very clever either because it ensures you turn all the media against you even the fair minded ones and they do exist

I think the one thing you must not do is ban the press or individual reporters. It is the wrong thing to do for a start because it is an attack on free speech It is not very clever either because it ensures you turn all the media against you even the fair minded ones and they do exist
I mainly agree, John........

It's not the free speech part I have an issue with, it's the deliberate misinformation that borders on defamatory if it was levelled at a named individual.

The honour code in journalism was always based on the principle of objectivity, that's why free speech was endorsed - to hold to account those in power. Not to smear the reputation of folk who had every right to defend themselves.

Latest posts

Back