Scotty Sinclair Appreciation Post

I struggle to understand how a player like Scott could have been so awesome in that first+ season with us and then kinda go off the boil more than a bit thereafter! Maybe the only one that can answer that is the man himself. And it's his business. You did us proud Scott with some* awesome displays. Good luck in your future career, we'll be rooting for you.
* make that many

Loved him as a player, he just hit the ground so fast that he just wasn't able to maintain the race to become a legend (He's an invisible so that's a pretty good second place).
On the flip side, I'm not to sure that I can remember a game where he stood out for us in Europe (man City ???) this tells the complete story for me.
End of the day he was BR favorite.... and with NL molding his team his jersey was always on a shaky peg.
Sometimes you don't get to say goodbye as that's football, but he'll be back up to celebrate on the pitch for the Quadruple (hopefully).

Whatever problems Sincy had at other clubs he did not bring them North with him when he signed for Celtic.
I have nothing but admiration for this Bhoy,according to Neil Lennon he never once banged on his door or complained about why he was not getting game time.
Some people will say this shows a lack of ambition,I believe it show,s the class this Bhoy possessed..
I realise his last year was not what he would have wanted it to be but I prefer to remember the good times with Sincy rather than the very few bad times.
I am sorry for him that he was never given the opportunity to say goodbye to the fans he obviously loved,as his BBC interview will stand testimony to..
Good luck Sincy wherever you play.

HH.
I think he was a confidence player, he needed to know people believed in him to get the best. Guys like that dont bang on doors. He has skill in abundance, sorry to see him go, personally I think he was mis-managed. Always a bigger picture we don't see of course.

Seemed odd that his form tailed off the way it did. Think some managers also worked out the magic formula of how to stop him. He was getting fenced in as if the lads tracking him were closing down percentages of where he was likely to go/do. When he did find a bit of space his goals and assists were still good but his overall play not as easy on the eye.
Just my take on it

Members online

Latest posts

Back