Sectarianism/bigotry

Every country has a few racists of course but I’d say that it’s not endemic like in Scotland. You hit a raw nerve in me as I work with Maori every day and I can assure you that they are given equality of opportunity as they should. pS I bet you didn’t know that 74% of place names and geographical locations are in Maori. No other country comes close

Well i don’t know about that.

Wee Nicola spent a lot of money putting things in Gaelic in Scotland yet Various councils pay with our money for the OO to walk, scream and assault Catholics.

You saying that was an acceptable trade-off.

Yes CR.

They dress it up as anti-religion but its at the very least intolerance.

At worst a hatred for our faith our schools and our church.

Fascinating that people openly want us to change...... its simple to see they see the correlation in numbers at Church with our schools.

Its took them a long time to catch up but they want our schools closed to decimate our church.

They can dress their hatred up any way they wish.

That attitude stinks.

They chose their way but it seems they won’t be happy till they choose ours.

It makes me attend mass more. ???
?

I had a prospective student interview at Glasgow University back in the early '90s. Two middle aged tweed-wearing women asked the questions with barely concealed sneers until they dropped the hammer.
"I see on your application you put your nationality as Irish but you are from norn Ireland so why did you not put British?"
It was about that time I decided to terminate the interview.

I had a prospective student interview at Glasgow University back in the early '90s. Two middle aged tweed-wearing women asked the questions with barely concealed sneers until they dropped the hammer.
"I see on your application you put your nationality as Irish but you are from norn Ireland so why did you not put British?"
It was about that time I decided to terminate the interview.

Should have kicked them square in the nuts the fkn tranny bitches

No it wasn’t Boab. But any intolerance i feel and have had to put up with i always come out swinging and make no apologies for it.

Its despicable that i feel i have to defend our schooling to intolerant people.

So i will. They want to be arseholes about it i say lets rock.

Im past caring about dafties.
I'll defend my Faith to the end and that's no boast - it's a fact !

bogtrotter5 Dec 13th 2012, 05:24

I have read neither of the reviewed books but have read many others on the subject and lived and worked in Ireland for an American company. I would incline to support the genocide arguments, and not because of any efforts to introduce free market economy on the country. The aruguments I find more persuasive are those that point out that food and livestock were continually shipped to England throughout the famine years. The Irish people had already been taken off their lands and had to work for often absentee landlords in England. The Irish then worked the landlord's holdings and were allowed to "rent" a cottage and a very small plot of land for themselves. Thus, they were largely forced to rely on the potato crop since much could be grown in their small allotment. As the crop failed, and the Irish were unable to pay the rent, they were thrown off the property and became homeless. By the time the government set up the build roads projects or die, the people were in very poor physical condition. At the same time, by the way they were prohibited from speaking their own language and frequently could not afford school for the children. The people sold everything they had, even including their clothes to buy meager amounts of food. Work houses for the poor were set up which largely became death traps as disease spread quickly. Soup kitchen were set up by the Salvation Army but they couldn't feed everyone. Protestants offered free education and food if they would convert from Catholic. Ships were chartered to send the poor to the US and Canada, many ships were in such poor shape that they sank within a day or two. Most victims who died were buried in mass unmarked graves. Many in Ireland still feel the effects, it was not that long ago. Recently a new mass grave was found while preparing to pave a new highway over the top of it. Relatives of those people were alive and objected. Visit a real grave yard in Ireland and you will find many famine victims buried in unmarked graves, since the families were either dead or could not afford a marker. A friend of mine financed a marker a couple years ago in memory of their local famine victims...one hundred years and no one had thought to do this. If you ask the Irish, particularly those most vulnerable in the West, who helped the Irish during the famine they will say the Salvation Army and an American Indian tribe from Oklahoma. The US sent corn which made the people sick. You may not understand that the landowners controlled the fishing rights...violating those right resulted in hanging as did the attempts to storm ships sending food from Ireland to England. In my view this amounted to genocide which has never been acknowleged by England. I'm not sure the Irish care, but they haven't forgotten.

View attachment 3558
Bill Hicks, sorely missed. Some of his stand up shows were fantastic.
That's a great quote there Boab

Back