Sectarianism/bigotry

I disagree that getting rid of Catholic Schools would solve the problem of sectarianism TT.

Catholic schools were granted way back as a result of reformation Scotland not wanting Irish catholic immigrant children in their schools.

I believe that the ethos of the catholic schools Is in the majority positive and I don’t see why my grandchildren and great grandchildren should be deprived of a catholic education is a Catholic school because of the intolerance of others.

I believe that both the home and school are a partnership for religious education.
Catholics schools teach to be tolerant of all of society and not to let prejudices get in the way of respecting fellow human beings. The test is on the street when confronted with intolerances and this can be hard to control for some and should it lead to confrontation and anger/violence on your part it was not taught in school.

I disagree that getting rid of Catholic Schools would solve the problem of sectarianism TT.

Catholic schools were granted way back as a result of reformation Scotland not wanting Irish catholic immigrant children in their schools.

I believe that the ethos of the catholic schools Is in the majority positive and I don’t see why my grandchildren and great grandchildren should be deprived of a catholic education is a Catholic school because of the intolerance of others.

I believe that both the home and school are a partnership for religious education.
I totally agree with you CR,There have been RC Schools in different parts of this planet and never has been a problem except dear old Alba. I was like many, growing up and playing with other kids in my street without any problems until I started going to a RC school and then it all changed and the Hun way of educating their children came to pass. Don't play with him again,he is a Sub Human, he is different from you and not allowed into your School and wearra Peepil and don't you ever forget it son. Now let me hear you singing the "Sash".

Two Catholic secondary schools in Dundee, Shammy, but you would barely know it.

The kids go to those schools based on the location now, not their denomination.

The schools argument is a false proposition. The values these kids are taught begins at home, not in school.

Spot on
As you say, it's learned behaviour and they buy into the 'staunch' as they grow up
Those who live in the 1600's, don't care about facts, they are happy poisoning themselves, from the inside out

Yeah but now they want to get rid of our schools.

Usually i would expect that from a staunch protestant.

Last edited by a moderator:

Excellent post.

They’ll never take our schools.

Complete intolerance and disregard for others.

If it bothers them that much they could always convert back and join the family..... no i didn’t think so yet these people want to change what we do or what we have.

Should really watch their own backyards in my book n get off the catholicism obsession.

Fs its been a couple of centuries since they made their decision.

Trust me am good with that.

Catholics should change. Jog on i say.

Our schools came to pass when they kicked us out of theirs now they all of a sudden (aye right) want ours closed.

Perhaps they want us in theirs to know our place again, maybe even stack the odds in their favour.... i mean its not like they don’t like a stacked deck is it.

Whilst the word kafflick is used i dont really think sending my kids to a school that would sneer at my kids is gonna help the bigotry those less educated fan in their own homes.

No thank you.

Excellent post. I am proud of our catholic education system and feel strongly that we protect it with all our might. There is a huge attack on our Church and schools today.

It has taken generations but we now have well educated and articulate young people coming out of catholic schools more than able to take on the bigotry of Scotland.

I think those who want our catholic schools taken away must be feeling threatened by them.

We have catholic schools in New Zealand but no bigotry could it be because we have no orange walks
Still a bit of bigotry directed towards the indigenous population, Doc..........Maybe not on the scale of Australia and the USA, but it does exist, nonetheless.

Excellent post. I am proud of our catholic education system and feel strongly that we protect it with all our might. There is a huge attack on our Church and schools today.

It has taken generations but we now have well educated and articulate young people coming out of catholic schools more than able to take on the bigotry of Scotland.

I think those who want our catholic schools taken away must be feeling threatened by them.

Yes CR.

They dress it up as anti-religion but its at the very least intolerance.

At worst a hatred for our faith our schools and our church.

Fascinating that people openly want us to change...... its simple to see they see the correlation in numbers at Church with our schools.

Its took them a long time to catch up but they want our schools closed to decimate our church.

They can dress their hatred up any way they wish.

That attitude stinks.

They chose their way but it seems they won’t be happy till they choose ours.

It makes me attend mass more. ???

Until recently I used to stay quiet when people would criticise the Catholic faith and our catholic schools. Now I would like to thank the ‘Call it Out’ campaign for giving me the courage to speak up and call it out for what it is anti Catholic and anti Irish sentiment from many in Scotland who thought it was ok to do it.

I now do not operate under the teaching of ‘they know not of what they do’.

I went to a non-dom school and it was.......fine!

I still feel the major issue is the value systems at home that cause the problem.

If it walks like a hun and talks like a hun, it stands to reason that it's gonna act like a hun.

Exactly SP. so rather than take on the real issue of intolerance to the Catholic faith nurtured and taught in some Protestant households they blame us and say let’s close Catholic schools. No it’s time for these people to take responsibility for their hatred of all things Roman Catholic.

Until recently I used to stay quiet when people would criticise the Catholic faith and our catholic schools. Now I would like to thank the ‘Call it Out’ campaign for giving me the courage to speak up and call it out for what it is anti Catholic and anti Irish sentiment from many in Scotland who thought it was ok to do it.

I now do not operate under the teaching of ‘they know not of what they do’.

It has always bloody annoyed me.

I always think how dare they.

Who the fuck gave them their dictator tights.

Then i think arsewipes. Do not give a flying fuck who i offend with that.

Back