SFA to chair summit with premiership managers and top flight Referees Thursday evening say BBC

C

CelticRose

According to BBC sport there is a ‘Summit’ being held Thursday evening and will be chaired by the SFA between the top flight referees and the Championship Managers.

I know I should feel optimistic that communication channels have been opened to discuss the refereeing decisions of the first part of this season with all the clubs managers and referees. But I don’t and this is because there is not a chance these officials will admit their incompetence and bias. they will probably go on more about their safety rather than than that of the players during games.

I think we need legal teams in for each club to say to the SFA that this level of refereeing is not acceptable because of their incompetence and bias within Scottish football is endangering their players.

I also believe that what went on with the biased referee on 29 December at iPox merits a meeting on its own now with PL, BR, A legal team for Celtic and SFA to highlight the disgusting refereeing that took place during that match and after because everyone who watched the game and seen the non decisions in response to assaults on players.
Welcome your thoughts on the above scheduled meeting and it’s impact if any on our game in Scotland.

According to BBC sport there is a ‘Summit’ being held Thursday evening and will be chaired by the SFA between the top flight referees and the Championship Managers.

I know I should feel optimistic that communication channels have been opened to discuss the refereeing decisions of the first part of this season with all the clubs managers and referees. But I don’t and this is because there is not a chance these officials will admit their incompetence and bias. they will probably go on more about their safety rather than than that of the players during games.

I think we need legal teams in for each club to say to the SFA that this level of refereeing is not acceptable because of their incompetence and bias within Scottish football is endangering their players.

I also believe that what went on with the biased referee on 29 December at iPox merits a meeting on its own now with PL, BR, A legal team for Celtic and SFA to highlight the disgusting refereeing that took place during that match and after because everyone who watched the game and seen the non decisions in response to assaults on players.
Welcome your thoughts on the above scheduled meeting and it’s impact if any on our game in Scotland.
So had Celtic not shook the tree it was going to be swept aside and they would continue with their own wee agenda. not hold my breath but its a start.

My understanding is that this is a meeting which was proposed in early December ( before the Beaton pantomime ) and is to be an informal discussion between Ian Maxwell , representatives of the referees and club representatives .
It is NOT the meeting that Celtic asked for .
There was no indication given that they will ( or want to ) discuss actual events . So it is not the meeting that Celtic asked for to clarify Beaton's 'surprising' decisions at Ibrokes , nor is it intended to shine a light on the strange inconsistency of the Compliance Officer's decisions to challenge one referee's ruling ( Maddon , Celtic v Aberdeen ) , yet ignore another ( Beaton , Sevco v Celtic ) when the same excuse was forthcoming viz. ''The referee saw the incident and took no action ''.

It appears to be nothing more than a PR exercise to deflect attention - again - from the woeful state of refereeing and the equally woeful administration of the game by the SFA .

Sorry to be so negative before the event but this will be nothing more than a charade, a complete waste of time, next thing we'll be having a meeting on FFP rules, sorry, nothing more than the official ending of panto season.

If PL goes to this meeting he will leave it and instantly ban the green brigade and close half the stadium...
"We are doing this to show we stand shoulder to shoulder with the SFA and the referee association, guaranteeing their safety is our main aim"

"But Peter..what about the poor, almost corrupt, performance of Beaton in the Glasgow derby"

"Yes, yes we made everyone aware that we were very surprised"

"Is that it"

"Yes....I mean, we don't want to rock the boat we?? We can't just go around screaming corruption, it could ruin any future investment and sponsorship....I mean how would me and Mrs L afford the leccy bill on our heated driveway without my bonus"

I don't know if I'm reading this wrong but it says ' top flight referee's and championship clubs' it doesn't say 'premiership' clubs or are we a championship club could someone clarify for me please??????

Sky are reporting that this is a meeting between the Premiership clubs and Ian Maxwell , the Compliance Officer and representatives of the referees to discuss recent events .
It is reported that Stevie Clarke of Kilmarnock will NOT attend .

They are saying , now , that they WILL discuss the fallout from the recent refereeing controversies AND Beaton's alleged threats !

Sky are reporting that this is a meeting between the Premiership clubs and Ian Maxwell , the Compliance Officer and representatives of the referees to discuss recent events .
Tha
Thanks for that MILLSY
So has stevie Clark like us decided this is not worth shite and has more than enough things to do

So had Celtic not shook the tree it was going to be swept aside and they would continue with their own wee agenda. not hold my breath but its a start.
II's not a start it was arranged to dilute celtics grievance get all the useless clubs in one room and all point at big bad celtic
if our club turns up to this then were fkn gutless ,we made a cmplaint it should be heard one on one and reported as such not putting every hun apologist in the one room and leaving us mute

They cheated , they have a case to answer , and it needs to be us and only us that get that gets a sit down

My understanding is that this is a meeting which was proposed in early December ( before the Beaton pantomime ) and is to be an informal discussion between Ian Maxwell , representatives of the referees and club representatives .
There was no indication given that they will ( or want to ) discuss actual events . So it is not the meeting that Celtic asked for to clarify Beaton's 'surprising' decisions at Ibrokes , nor is it intended to shine a light on the strange inconsistency of the Compliance Officer's decisions to challenge one referee's ruling ( Maddon , Celtic v Aberdeen ) , yet ignore another ( Beaton , Sevco v Celtic ) when the same excuse was forthcoming viz. ''The referee saw the incident and took no action ''.

It appears to be nothing more than a PR exercise to deflect attention - again - from the woeful state of refereeing and the equally woeful administration of the game by the SFA .
I heard it was a rush set up AFTER our statement

You're right, I think. I don't remember seeing the statement from Celtic asking for a cheese and wine evening with invites out to everyone. The meeting requested was to be Celtic and Ian Maxwell - I'm not PL but I think he should be annoyed at this. (Annoyed is a couple of steps up from surprised.)

Didn't know this was properly set till earlier tonight when I watched the mccinnes interview asking about it. He seemed shifty, more than usual. By the look of him he had more to say. It all depends on the managers there. I'd love to be a fly on the wall.
The report afterwards will be diluted. NO Doubt.
Let's see what the bloggers can sniff. Can't wait

Didn't know this was properly set till earlier tonight when I watched the mccinnes interview asking about it. He seemed shifty, more than usual. By the look of him he had more to say. It all depends on the managers there. I'd love to be a fly on the wall.
The report afterwards will be diluted. NO Doubt.
Let's see what the bloggers can sniff. Can't wait
DxIBpzpXcAAvoSp.jpg large.jpg

Back