should the SFA be boycotted

Glasbhoy81

After what has happened with Christie, having to quarantine and now it turns out the SFA allowed the u21's to play a game before test results had been returned. That game had to stop at half time after the manager and 2 players tested positive. The full squad will now have to self isolate.
So should celtic tell the SFA that none of our players will be going on international duty with them until this pandemic passes

After what has happened with Christie, having to quarantine and now it turns out the SFA allowed the u21's to play a game before test results had been returned. That game had to stop at half time after the manager and 2 players tested positive. The full squad will now have to self isolate.
So should celtic tell the SFA that none of our players will be going on international duty with them until this pandemic passes
As much as I'd love to see that happen, I dont think it will for a few reasons . Firstly the SFA are a law unto themselves and if we did this they would find it easy to punish us indeed we'd be playing right into their hands. Christie would still have to isolate if first minister wee jimmy krankie insisted on it. Secondly the Scottish cup is their cup and they could boot us out of it ending any Hope's we have of the 4treble with Aberdeen getting s bye to the final. And even thirdly , being a law unto themselves they could fine us and bar us from using any international Scottish player in domestic competition . As I said though I'd love to see it but it would take a group effort of many clubs in conjunction with Celtic to make any impact, the spfl clubs would have to be on our side and since they all want us to lose I'd see that as a miracle, still I believe in miracles but this one is asking for more than one methinks

As much as I'd love to see that happen, I dont think it will for a few reasons . Firstly the SFA are a law unto themselves and if we did this they would find it easy to punish us indeed we'd be playing right into their hands. Christie would still have to isolate if first minister wee jimmy krankie insisted on it. Secondly the Scottish cup is their cup and they could boot us out of it ending any Hope's we have of the 4treble with Aberdeen getting s bye to the final. And even thirdly , being a law unto themselves they could fine us and bar us from using any international Scottish player in domestic competition . As I said though I'd love to see it but it would take a group effort of many clubs in conjunction with Celtic to make any impact, the spfl clubs would have to be on our side and since they all want us to lose I'd see that as a miracle, still I believe in miracles but this one is asking for more than one methinks
They could not kick us out of the Scottish Cup. There are ways you can get kicked out but not sending players for internationals is not one of them.

They could not kick us out of the Scottish Cup. There are ways you can get kicked out but not sending players for internationals is not one of them.
This is the Scottish football association were talking about Gbhoy and they would find someway to say were bringing the game into disrepute , cant put anything past that rotten mob , every time we lift their cup they're scunnered to their back teeth the lot of them and I for one wouldnt bet against them finding a way to expel us from their tournament if we refused to supply players as agreed in the contract with them and fifa for internationals but of course we could also be clever and tell our players not to break a sweat in any game but these are only some of thevreasonsvi couldn't see it happening not without the support of the other member clubs

This is the Scottish football association were talking about Gbhoy and they would find someway to say were bringing the game into disrepute , cant put anything past that rotten mob , every time we lift their cup they're scunnered to their back teeth the lot of them and I for one wouldnt bet against them finding a way to expel us from their tournament if we refused to supply players as agreed in the contract with them and fifa for internationals but of course we could also be clever and tell our players not to break a sweat in any game but these are only some of thevreasonsvi couldn't see it happening not without the support of the other member clubs
Under European employment law the players could say "am not going as there is a serious risk to my health"
They couldn't do f#ck all about that

I dont think we would get many international players wanting to join club if they were denied the experience of representing their country.

Scotland might not be that good as tournament team. But I think its a players right to play for their country if selected.

The player can turn round himself and say no thanks. But club imo cannot deny a player from any country the chance to play in match their country wants them to play in.

Might have risks

But imo its same risks as playing in any football match at any level.

I dont think we would get many international players wanting to join club if they were denied the experience of representing their country.

Scotland might not be that good as tournament team. But I think its a players right to play for their country if selected.

The player can turn round himself and say no thanks. But club imo cannot deny a player from any country the chance to play in match their country wants them to play in.

Might have risks

But imo its same risks as playing in any football match at any level.
Not really the same risk. The Scotland under 19's were allowed to play against England before getting their test results back, when they did get the results back the game was cancelled at half time.The MSM are reporting its only the manager who got a positive result, when I know for a fact Kia Kennedy and another player also tested positive. That is shocking , especially when it was only a friendly game

Not really the same risk. The Scotland under 19's were allowed to play against England before getting their test results back, when they did get the results back the game was cancelled at half time.The MSM are reporting its only the manager who got a positive result, when I know for a fact Kia Kennedy and another player also tested positive. That is shocking , especially when it was only a friendly game
If your information is correct then it does seem odd set of circumstances.

But its an individuals right to play for their country.

Clubs can investigate whether their players are being exposed to excessive risks and take appropriate legal action against lax risk assessments.

But preventing individuals from playing for their national team is not a good move imo.

You can catch coronavirus by going to shop for your dinner.

Should club prevent players from going to shop incase they are exposed to coronavirus.

if the health risks for professional footballers and fans is so excessive then game needs shut down.

Preventing players from playing for Scotland or any other international team defeats the whole purpose of being a football player. Most players want to play at highest level possible. If the risk of getting unwell is that high on International duty then its no different to playing in europe and imo no different to playing against any other team in country.

If there is a conspiracy at national level to expose players to higher risks to help certain teams then its totally fecked. And it should be shutdown completely if its that corrupt.

As a club we can do fuck all on this matter as it is not the SFA we would have to worry about, it would be the clout of fifa and eufa who would come down on us like a tun of bricks.
My issue around all of this international bollox at the moment is that I didn't have an issue with these play off matches as they had to be played at some stage, and can understand Bitton wanting to play in a big game for his country when clearly not fit as much as I was surprised he did.
I would have been very disappointed if Shane Duffy wasn't available for the Republic.
Now I am totally pissed off and I bet Shane is as well that he has to be still available for 2 more mickey mouse qualifying matches in what ever they are trying to fucking qualify for.
Pure madness and we have loads involved in this bullshit.
Lenny will get these players back on Thursday to have them prepared for Saturday morning, so great timing with such a big game ahead. Will be very interesting to see if these international managers will do right by the players but as eufa or fifa caused this outrage I don't expect any change.

As a club we can do fuck all on this matter as it is not the SFA we would have to worry about, it would be the clout of fifa and eufa who would come down on us like a tun of bricks.
My issue around all of this international bollox at the moment is that I didn't have an issue with these play off matches as they had to be played at some stage, and can understand Bitton wanting to play in a big game for his country when clearly not fit as much as I was surprised he did.
I would have been very disappointed if Shane Duffy wasn't available for the Republic.
Now I am totally pissed off and I bet Shane is as well that he has to be still available for 2 more mickey mouse qualifying matches in what ever they are trying to fucking qualify for.
Pure madness and we have loads involved in this bullshit.
Lenny will get these players back on Thursday to have them prepared for Saturday morning, so great timing with such a big game ahead. Will be very interesting to see if these international managers will do right by the players but as eufa or fifa caused this outrage I don't expect any change.
Absolutely perfect summary of the facts, JN. I don't have such a problem with qualifiers but all these pishy other nothing games are seriously getting on my tits!

Last edited:
One question I would like the SFA to answer is that they would know beforehand about these international fixtures well before they released the domestic fixtures. So setting the first match against the scum knowing most of our players would be away on international duty while they don't have the same problem?
Conspiracy to halt the 10iar?
Will love it all the more when everything they all try to do is all in vein
Bring on the 10iar and fuck them all
HH

you can put money on that fans will be back in grounds for the cup games they fkrs are skint and need money just as much as sevco

Aye!

But as the blazers can’t go on any junkets at this point in time.....with
their first class travel and accommodation.....and their single malt bottles of whiskey and their platinum credit cards.....there’s no critical rush until the gravy train is once again about to depart the station...

I'm of the firm belief that the SFA have deliberately done more damage to Celtic over the years than all the other clubs combined. If in doubt watch Paul Larkins 'Anyone but Celtic ' documentary. Only Fergus has pushed back over the years and history proves how right he was to do so. Rather than boycott them our aim should be to disband them. Ironically sevcos recent tantrums may well have created the conditions that could trigger a vote of no confidence in the sfa/spfl that may lead to much needed reform . If we now lent our weight alongside say the 5 biggest teams and collectively we demand total reform then it may happen. Sevco and hearts would have to back it after their threats preseason, kinda hogtied themselves. Us, sheep, hibs and the rest would now feel able to back such proposals in a positive way. No way could we have been seen to back the lunacy and poison of 8 months ago. A coalition would now be possible imo, although the agendas are not aligned, the final goal is the same.

Back