Should they stay or should they go?

Should the GB be banned

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TTQtKK⚠️

Been a lot of talk about the GB recently and there has been a clash 👀 or two of opinions here on the noise. But most importantly we all know @Winter likes a poll.

I don't believe they should be banned.

There's elements of what they do that I don't agree with. The pyro stuff worries me that it will blow up in some poor bastards' face sometime. I could do without some of the song add-ons too.

That said, I think they contribute to a brilliant atmosphere, they do outstanding work in the community, especially the food drives, which frankly shouldn't be needed in this day and age.

Overall they are definitely a net plus for me, what say you Noisers?

I watched a video on You Tube featuring the Palestinian flag display from the game v Madrid. I had read through the comments. The outpouring of love for Celtic fans from people all over the world surprised me a wee bit.
Hundreds of comments thanking the GB and Celtic fans.
It’s only here and Israel the GBs display is criticised.
Another criticism is the GB claim to speak for all Celtic fans, When did they say this?

Been a lot of talk about the GB recently and there has been a clash 👀 or two of opinions here on the noise. But most importantly we all know @Winter likes a poll.

I don't believe they should be banned.

There's elements of what they do that I don't agree with. The pyro stuff worries me that it will blow up in some poor bastards' face sometime. I could do without some of the song add-ons too.

That said, I think they contribute to a brilliant atmosphere, they do outstanding work in the community, especially the food drives, which frankly shouldn't be needed in this day and age.

Overall they are definitely a net plus for me, what say you Noisers?
I love what they bring to the game and love what they do with their charitable causes.
They can be a collective bunch of twats at times with pyros, songs and their behaviour at times.
I've said before, if people look closeley enough, they'll see themselves a few decades ago... only in different time and a different world. A large number of them are just wee guys doing what wee guys do.
As far as their stance witht the club, on many many fronts, they take the lead where there is no other opposition. The board don't like them, they would rather 60,000 quietly turned up to Paradise, paid their money and took what they were getting.
As far as the politics go, i thought that the timing of the resistance banner was crass on that day, in fact the banner was embarassing.
But their vocal sympathy for the Palestinan cause didn't start that day and its long held, there wasn't any issue with it 3 years ago outside of UEFA and an organisation that wants to keep politics out of football embraced the Ukrainian cause, correctly. But like many governments and organisations, they are only apolotical when it suits them. It is organisations like this that deserve to be told to go fuck themselves. They embrace the clubs ethos open to all and while facist supporters are allowed to be just that, UEFA fine the club for displaying anti-facist clubs when they should be applauded. They take on those that need to be taken on and while some don't like it at Paradise, in a free society, they should be allowed the opportunity as long as they are not extolling hate like that lot.

I just wish they would go about things in a more grown up way.

Legitimate political feelings are legal. I dont think they should be making declarations on behalf of all Celtic fans.

Unless they are deliberately breaking legitimate laws Im not sure they should be getting sanctioned. Advertising costs lot of cash at football. So maybe they need apply for advertising or be fined by club for advertising with banners.

Legitimate political feelings are legal. I dont think they should be making declarations on behalf of all Celtic fans.

Unless they are deliberately breaking legitimate laws Im not sure they should be getting sanctioned. Advertising costs lot of cash at football. So maybe they need apply for advertising or be fined by club for advertising with banners.
Is foodbanks not a political statement of a failed Government? And does the Celtic foundation not help the poor who are downtrodden thanks to the Governmet. Charity is usually the result and a political statement.

I heard someone say something the other day on the news taht stuck with me
Free Speech is essentially allowing people to state their views even if you disagree

I heard someone say something the other day on the news taht stuck with me
Free Speech is essentially allowing people to state their views even if you disagree
Free speech is fine. Advertising on someone else's property might be legal issue though.

Hate crimes are different though, but its grey area with laws. Offence can be taken but if its legitimate greivance where do you draw line. Football authorities should have no say on political laws. imo

but where does legitimate line end and who decides

lets send it to VAR non accountable blokes making contentious decisions. And getting paid for it.

Free speech is fine. Advertising on someone else's property might be legal issue though.

Hate crimes are different though, but its grey area with laws. Offence can be taken but if its legitimate greivance where do you draw line. Football authorities should have no say on political laws. imo

but where does legitimate line end and who decides

lets send it to VAR non accountable blokes making contentious decisions. And getting paid for it.
Who's property is it? As far as I'm aware it's the whole of the Celtic supporters. Without the fans the club doesn't exist.

Another criticism is the GB claim to speak for all Celtic fans, When did they say this?
Yeah, that’s an often used claim against them and I think you’re right that they’ve never said that. What I think is happening is that they make statements that give off the vibe that their view is the correct view, from a fans perspective, and we can at times read these statements like they’re claiming to speak for all.

Back