Should they stay or should they go?

Should the GB be banned

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm in agreement with you on this yes to the atmos no to the political stuff and definitely no to the pyro. Yes it is atmospheric but it is not safe and it is another stick for our enemies to try to beat us with. I am not sure if there an alternative to pyro but if there is surely it is a chance for the GB to show the club and all the authorities that we can be the leaders on this. HH
I’m actually ok with the political stuff. I don’t agree with everything they do or display but I think they’re perfectly entitled to do so at Celtic Park or George Square or wherever.
The Pyros thing I can’t back them on at all, I appreciate it’s probably unlikely to happen, but I imagine it’s only a matter of time before someone gets hurt.

I love the atmosphere the GB bring, the spectacular Tifos and the brilliant charity work. But some of their antagonistic banners are pretty crass and ill thought out (the "Fuck UEFA" one was very childish and was only going to have one outcome for the club).

I agree with their support for Palestinians (as I agree that anyone, including Jews who have suffered persecution for thousands of years - as well inflicting it on their enemies).

The timing and wording of their banner a few weeks back was poor IMO. Rather than being an unequivocal support for the persecuted Palestinians it was vague and could (and clearly was and still is) be used as an opportunity to attack our club and misrepresent everything we cherish and strongly believe in, as our enemies immediately said it supported Hamas rather than the people.

Sometimes they just need someone with a clearer head who can see the bigger picture to edit them and provide guidance. But supporting Palestinians is NOT the same as supporting Hamas or hating Jews with antisemitic beliefs. We want ordinary people everywhere to have chance of living a good life without oppression - no matter their colour, race, creed or where they live. 💚

Members online

Latest posts

Back