shove yer poppy up yer a**e? Not for me!

I just checked thevaway fuxtures. 11th November we are away at Livi. Only two games that day. Us and Sevco. Does anybody actually think this isn’t orchestrated to potentially cause us embarressnent?

The only question is, will we give them what they want? Will we fall into to their trap so hamfistedly set for us?

I hope we don’t. I really do.

Wearing or not wearing a poppy is an individual personal thing. The reason we fought the Nazis was to ensure freedom of choice. It has been highjacked by forces in the SFA to put us in a bind. Don’t give them the satisfaction. Of succeeding in their objective. Falling into their trap is not ckever. Wear one or don’t wear one. But don’t give those that want to see Celtic FC in the dock trying to defend themselves because if your choice and letting the cunts who hate us high five. That’s my plea.

Don't see many memorials to these guys who fought a cause.

You’ll give me a history lesson ? I was talking about the First World War where thousands of Irishmen fought and died I don’t wear a poppy because of the same reasons as you no doubt singing about the Provos does fcuk all but harm
You said Celtic fans drunken morons who would know nothing about about the history of the six counties. I'm a Celtic fan who doesn't drink and could give you a history lesson on the six counties. That was my point!

I just checked thevaway fuxtures. 11th November we are away at Livi. Only two games that day. Us and Sevco. Does anybody actually think this isn’t orchestrated to potentially cause us embarressnent?

The only question is, will we give them what they want? Will we fall into to their trap so hamfistedly set for us?

I hope we don’t. I really do.
I don't get it. If the support of a football team caused me so much annoyance and embarrassment, I would be seriously considering following a different team!

Look bhoys we could debate the rights and wrongs of this for the next 11 days, it still won't get solved. This comes up every year. We all hold personal views and no amount of posts will change those views.

Don't see many memorials to these guys who fought a cause.

Heroes to a man and women. They knew what Facism was all about. But let’s not forget the Catholic Church backed those going to fight for Franco. Many Scots fought and died there against that bastard Franco as did the brave men Christie sings about. I agree they should be remembered more and given the respect they so deserve.

Look bhoys we could debate the rights and wrongs of this for the next 11 days, it still won't get solved. This comes up every year. We all hold personal views and no amount of posts will change those views.
Yes you are spot on. Which is why I questioned the motive behind the reasoning for the original post. Other than to stir shit!

I don't get it. If the support of a football team caused me so much annoyance and embarrassment, I would be seriously considering following a different team!

My team are Celtic, not the PIRA. Why don’t those who seem to think singing about the Provos is the way, to set up their own team and go and watch them, singing the BBB the whole game?

I have a team they’re called Glasgow Celtic and they play football. If anybody wants an IRA team set one up, and good luck,

For those who believe that the modern conflicts and the one in Ireland was between two sections of the community, explain who the fuck these peace keepers were in favour of.

Attachments

• bvwp5cxicaa_-ph-large1.jpg
    bvwp5cxicaa_-ph-large1.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 5
My team are Celtic, not the PIRA. Why don’t those who seem to think singing about the Provos is the way, to set up their own team and go and watch them, singing the BBB the whole game?

I have a team they’re called Glasgow Celtic and they play football. If anybody wants an IRA team set one up, and good luck,
You might be onto something. Nobody would know who was playing though!

Back to the actual topic and subject of sticking the red poppy up their arse.

Realities
  • No military member for generations has been conscripted or forced to go anywhere, they all applied for a job and are salaried and get pensions if stay in the job long enough.

• They are no more credibly deserving of public thanks and praise or remotely serve the community or people than someone in MacDonalds or any other retail store.

• The salaried and all volunteer uk military of living memory are not remotely credibly worthy of any form of public thanks and praise what so ever above a Nurse or a Teacher or a Electricity supply worker or even the Police, whom along with the Nurse would typically witness far more trauma of horrific sights and sounds and can actually credibly claim to directly serve society, and neither of whom have a autumn long supposed symbol of thanks fest.

• The very need for charity shows the uk state does not credibly care for it's supposed especially remembered, either they or the british legion is lying and promoting a charade and myths.

• It is to these recent generations of applicants for a job of employment of the state, salaried and with pensions, who the money of the british legion mostly goes to, not to the now all dead of ww1 or mostly dead of ww2.

The last fact! is why some and likely a growing number people are correctly sick of the sight and sounds of the autumn long supposed remembrance fest charade, that vulgarised 21st century politically perverse poppyfest, because there is no credible comparison or link between conscripts of world wars who often got no pensions btw and these modern employees of choice.

Last edited:
You might be onto something. Nobody would know who was playing though!

But they would know at least they were singing about them, I doubt any player Celtic have would feel same. Unless we sign a Kevin Barry , a Bobby Sands, or some from abroad called Provo.

I didn't want to start accusing anyone of such a thing. But it did cross my mind.

We could say the same about whoever posted the video. Are Sevconians going to our games? Are they posting shit they know will get into the press? Will they be there at Livi to shout IRA?

Are Celtic fans fucked off by all this? Yes we are. Are we sick of being in the crosshairs of a press that only want ill for us? Yes we are. Are we sick of those who are giving them the ammunition to attack us? Yes.

Why not turn your gaze to what is causing the problems for Celtic. It’s stated many times they have no place at CP or away games. That was the board. Why not listen to them would be my question to anyone demanding their right to sing IRA songs or disrupt a minutes silence.

Or is singing the BBB more important than Celtic? It would seem so to me.

Wear a poppy don't wear a poppy the choice is yours as it is mine yes I will wear my poppy to remember the men and women who died in conflict wherever they fell , respect others during the minutes silence for it is thier choice and no one has the right to take that away

Last edited:
Those realities of the topic matter do not even start to examine the subject of the creation of the 21st century red political poppy and new mindset.
how a new mindset was created by Tony Blair and Gordon 'our streets british nationalist' Brown, and their spin doctors, who took and used a once respectable innocent enough symbol and took what was for generations a one hour on one day a year mostly credible and honourable remembrance event just a minutes silence for most public, Blair and Brown took that, what the actual veterans of world wars knew and would recognize, and turned it a subtle but a more less questioned and therefore effective perverse British version of George Bush public statement of you are either with us or against us, turned it into a vulgar autumn long charade.

That 21st century red political poppy does not credibly represent or benefit any Irish volunteers of ww1, it does not represent any of the several of my late Irish family members who fought in both world wars, some naively thinking in ww1 that they were actually volunteering for Ireland because of a british promise, which was of course nothing but another typical cynical lie and broken on any return. Does not represent any of the at least three family members that I know of who lost their lives in ww1, no one asked them did they give their lives btw, just died like injured abandoned dogs in mud and water.

Excluding the European inbred monarchy families who's deeds directly and indirectly created or benefited from both world wars.
With 100% respect and sorrow for and partly on behalf of all the victims of both world wars,
they can shove their 21st century political red poppy.

Last edited:
We could say the same about whoever posted the video. Are Sevconians going to our games? Are they posting shit they know will get into the press? Will they be there at Livi to shout IRA?

Are Celtic fans fucked off by all this? Yes we are. Are we sick of being in the crosshairs of a press that only want ill for us? Yes we are. Are we sick of those who are giving them the ammunition to attack us? Yes.

Why not turn your gaze to what is causing the problems for Celtic. It’s stated many times they have no place at CP or away games. That was the board. Why not listen to them would be my question to anyone demanding their right to sing IRA songs or disrupt a minutes silence.

Or is singing the BBB more important than Celtic? It would seem so to me.
Are Celtic fans fucked off by this? Maybe you as a Celtic fan are, but me as a Celtic fan, no I'm not. You say we, which includes me. You can't speak for me or anyone else. I'm gettin a bit fed of it now to be honest. You have your opinion and I have mine, let's leave it there!

Back