St. Johnstone v Celtic - Match Thread, all comments here

All joking aside this is a massive game for us , if we take lennys analogy of breaking the season into blocks then victory today will mean 7wins from 7 Celtic standards definitely if performance levels have been somewhat underwhelming the results certainly haven't . October is the litnes test with the derby on the 17th followed by milan, Aberdeen and lille all massive ties. Quickly followed at the start of Nov with the Aberdeen semi at hampden as written in the Celtic star
St Johnstone v Celtic: “Watch this space,” says Lennon. “Deals can be done in the last few hours of the window” via @OneFootball.

I'm disappointed that we have let hayes go , bolingononholiday also out with a shove , we should have sent him to England league 1 the cnut not the Turkish premier where I believe he might be eligible to play in the champions league given Istanbul Basaksehir are the Turkish champions. Also what is going on in the head of peter lawell? That's a joke btw because I don't think he knows either. We are desperate for left back competition for taylor yet lawell simply refuses to pay what ? Is it £1million they want for a player who will be a fred agent soon but theres no guarantee that he will choose Celtic so pay the couple of hundred grand he must be a player otherwise we wojldng be going back with a third bid. On this also I'm disappointed that it's looking like 1 player more when we need at least another CB due to the injuries we always get in that position, chris julien on his way back and bitton out again this has been the case for an age now, revolving doors. Lastly well done to Erik Sviatchenko for reaching the champions league (a player I thought we were too hasty in parting ways with) his Midtjylland side kod slavia 4-1 and that encouraging for us in our tough group.

Brown and Christie on the bench

Team is

Barkas
Elhamed Duffy Ajer
Frimpong Turnbull McGregor Nthcam Taylor
Elyounoussi Edouard

Subs Bain Jullien Brown Christie Soro Griffiths Klimala Rogic Welsh
Bit surprised that lenny has rested broony but this is Turnbull's chance to stake a claim. I'd rather have seen klimala start with eddy but I'm encouraged by this line up its shows the fantastic depth in our squad and need only look at our bench for proof of that. COYBIG HH ☘

All joking aside this is a massive game for us , if we take lennys analogy of breaking the season into blocks then victory today will mean 7wins from 7 Celtic standards definitely if performance levels have been somewhat underwhelming the results certainly haven't . October is the litnes test with the derby on the 17th followed by milan, Aberdeen and lille all massive ties. Quickly followed at the start of Nov with the Aberdeen semi at hampden as written in the Celtic star
St Johnstone v Celtic: “Watch this space,” says Lennon. “Deals can be done in the last few hours of the window” via @OneFootball.

I'm disappointed that we have let hayes go , bolingononholiday also out with a shove , we should have sent him to England league 1 the cnut not the Turkish premier where I believe he might be eligible to play in the champions league given Istanbul Basaksehir are the Turkish champions. Also what is going on in the head of peter lawell? That's a joke btw because I don't think he knows either. We are desperate for left back competition for taylor yet lawell simply refuses to pay what ? Is it £1million they want for a player who will be a fred agent soon but theres no guarantee that he will choose Celtic so pay the couple of hundred grand he must be a player otherwise we wojldng be going back with a third bid. On this also I'm disappointed that it's looking like 1 player more when we need at least another CB due to the injuries we always get in that position, chris julien on his way back and bitton out again this has been the case for an age now, revolving doors. Lastly well done to Erik Sviatchenko for reaching the champions league (a player I thought we were too hasty in parting ways with) his Midtjylland side kod slavia 4-1 and that encouraging for us in our tough group.
Sorry winter but that lad from Charlton will only be a development player and if he was that good plenty of other clubs would have been beating the door down for him and would he be any better than Luca? We need a much more experienced player for that position

Sorry winter but that lad from Charlton will only be a development player and if he was that good plenty of other clubs would have been beating the door down for him and would he be any better than Luca? We need a much more experienced player for that position
Sessengnon was never a goer in the first place and is off to germany I'm reading more nonsense that Sciglio of juve is a target, no chance of that either. I also believe that the fact no supporters will be present at Celtic's European glamour games will have an impact on the quality of player we can attract this window . I should add I'm disgusted at how long it takes to get a decent defender in. Last minute shenanigans again will we ever learn? If Doughty signs I think hell play I base that on the fact that him and luca are all we have to challenge Taylor. Playing frimpong there isnt worth contemplating as hes far more effective further forward , if jamesey was fit then maybe but we simply have to get that lb/lwb in before the window shuts else we leave ourselves open to a whole world of hurt when milan lille and slavia come visiting

Sessengnon was never a goer in the first place and is off to germany I'm reading more nonsense that Sciglio of juve is a target, no chance of that either. I also believe that the fact no supporters will be present at Celtic's European glamour games will have an impact on the quality of player we can attract this window . I should add I'm disgusted at how long it takes to get a decent defender in. Last minute shenanigans again will we ever learn? If Doughty signs I think hell play I base that on the fact that him and luca are all we have to challenge Taylor. Playing frimpong there isnt worth contemplating as hes far more effective further forward , if jamesey was fit then maybe but we simply have to get that lb/lwb in before the window shuts else we leave ourselves open to a whole world of hurt when milan lille and slavia come visiting
Any news on when Mikey Johnston will be available again

Bit surprised that lenny has rested broony but this is Turnbull's chance to stake a claim. I'd rather have seen klimala start with eddy but I'm encouraged by this line up its shows the fantastic depth in our squad and need only look at our bench for proof of that. COYBIG HH ☘

I think Broonie is getting very close to a suspension.....and with the huns game on the horizon.....this may have been in Lenny’s thinking...

Back