St Johnstone v Celtic

Very good win under the circumstances. 18 unavailable players, a ploughed field for a pitch and no support. With the exception of a lazy 15 mins in the second half a totally dominant performance. Should/could have been 3 or 4 up by half time. Abada again showing he's a striker not a winger, his movement was superb, Rogic playing a different sport from everyone else and Juranovic looking a lot better as a wing back than as a full back. Also thought Dawson was decent, bulk up in the gym and a loan spell to get games and he could be one for the future.
Listening to Ange post match and it sounds like wheels are in motion for a few signings in the next week or so, also said players now get a week off then its two weeks work ahead on the training pitch ahead of the Hibs game and the second half to the season.
For me we are further ahead than I thought we would be at this stage given the shitshow that was last season and the summer. Still close enough in the league to mount a challenge and the first cup in the bag. There's only one team that can win the treble;)

Very good win under the circumstances. 18 unavailable players, a ploughed field for a pitch and no support. With the exception of a lazy 15 mins in the second half a totally dominant performance. Should/could have been 3 or 4 up by half time. Abada again showing he's a striker not a winger, his movement was superb, Rogic playing a different sport from everyone else and Juranovic looking a lot better as a wing back than as a full back. Also thought Dawson was decent, bulk up in the gym and a loan spell to get games and he could be one for the future.
Listening to Ange post match and it sounds like wheels are in motion for a few signings in the next week or so, also said players now get a week off then its two weeks work ahead on the training pitch ahead of the Hibs game and the second half to the season.
For me we are further ahead than I thought we would be at this stage given the shitshow that was last season and the summer. Still close enough in the league to mount a challenge and the first cup in the bag. There's only one team that can win the treble;)
Abada a good lad Gary but just that... not exactly an experienced striker ...Great guy to have in the squad but we need proper striker back up....let's hope whatever we do is enough to beat the cheating bastards. Delighted with the effort in the half season to date and couldn't ask for much more from Ange. Can't wait to see how we tackle 2nd half of season with new players. But would not be surprised despite commentary that sevco get additional support. 🙄

Abada a good lad Gary but just that... not exactly an experienced striker ...Great guy to have in the squad but we need proper striker back up....let's hope whatever we do is enough to beat the cheating bastards. Delighted with the effort in the half season to date and couldn't ask for much more from Ange. Can't wait to see how we tackle 2nd half of season with new players. But would not be surprised despite commentary that sevco get additional support. 🙄
Look at Abadas stats per game played. Scored many and provided some assists. We could do a lot worse for a 19 year old

I think being 6 points behind , league cup in the trophy cabinet is verygood considering we are a new team..Lets be fair , if it wasnt for all the crucial pens Rangers* have got from the MIBs , it would be alot closer..I think its been pointed out that pen decisions have gained that lot 9 points, never mind their offside decisions and opposition players getting sent off..If Frenchy would have tapped in or Starfelt hadnt lost Helander in Glasgow Derby, we would be level..No way did we deserve to lose that game either..

i would take us to beat Rangers* any day of the week if we had our full team out..We need Jota,Forrest,Turnbull ,Kyogo back to full fitness and hope our reinforcements hit the ground running..In the past , if someone had told me that we were signing 3 Japanese players , id have feared for us but after Kyogo, im actually excited about their rumoured arrivals..My only concern is Starfelt wont be replaced because of the money we paid for him..The amount of goals his mistakes have cost us especially at the start of the season is unreal..Im hoping he comes good but he played a huge part in us losing that goal today again..I have no idea whats happened to Jullian but im sure he had a year out with his previous club also..

Ange has given us back our identity ..The football we play is brill to watch..I look forward to watching us play..Lets hope we come back with full steam ahead for the title :)

I think being 6 points behind , league cup in the trophy cabinet is verygood considering we are a new team..Lets be fair , if it wasnt for all the crucial pens Rangers* have got from the MIBs , it would be alot closer..I think its been pointed out that pen decisions have gained that lot 9 points, never mind their offside decisions and opposition players getting sent off..If Frenchy would have tapped in or Starfelt hadnt lost Helander in Glasgow Derby, we would be level..No way did we deserve to lose that game either..

i would take us to beat Rangers* any day of the week if we had our full team out..We need Jota,Forrest,Turnbull ,Kyogo back to full fitness and hope our reinforcements hit the ground running..In the past , if someone had told me that we were signing 3 Japanese players , id have feared for us but after Kyogo, im actually excited about their rumoured arrivals..My only concern is Starfelt wont be replaced because of the money we paid for him..The amount of goals his mistakes have cost us especially at the start of the season is unreal..Im hoping he comes good but he played a huge part in us losing that goal today again..I have no idea whats happened to Jullian but im sure he had a year out with his previous club also..

Ange has given us back our identity ..The football we play is brill to watch..I look forward to watching us play..Lets hope we come back with full steam ahead for the title :)
There are many reasons to pinpoint why we are 6 points behind atm 10iar, and the standout one for me is the dropping of points in games that we have dominated.
So the reason of not being clinical enough in certain games has cost us dearly to date.
So would there be any fingerprinting towards outstanding players like Rogic, Kyogo or Jota?
Would there fuck, and quite rightly so. In nearly every game we have created at least 5 huge goalscoring opportunities and even today we scored 3 yet could have easily been 6 or 7.
Yet we have still got the best defensive record still, which hasn't been perfect either, but not as bad as some want to make out either. Seems like some have remained in last season still.
We have enough to deal with in Scottish football with the bias media, cheating mib's, and a corrupt Scottish FA, without some of our supporters willing to put some of our own players down at the first opportunity possibility.
To be in the position we are currently in with one trophy in the cabinet already, and the quality we have shown, especially with the circumstances we have had to endure so far this season, imo has been a fantastic achievement so far to date.
Strongly believe we should be rejoicing the commitment to the cause of this team so far this season instead of keep looking for scapegoats as its not warranted imo

There are many reasons to pinpoint why we are 6 points behind atm 10iar, and the standout one for me is the dropping of points in games that we have dominated.
So the reason of not being clinical enough in certain games has cost us dearly to date.
So would there be any fingerprinting towards outstanding players like Rogic, Kyogo or Jota?
Would there fuck, and quite rightly so. In nearly every game we have created at least 5 huge goalscoring opportunities and even today we scored 3 yet could have easily been 6 or 7.
Yet we have still got the best defensive record still, which hasn't been perfect either, but not as bad as some want to make out either. Seems like some have remained in last season still.
We have enough to deal with in Scottish football with the bias media, cheating mib's, and a corrupt Scottish FA, without some of our supporters willing to put some of our own players down at the first opportunity possibility.
To be in the position we are currently in with one trophy in the cabinet already, and the quality we have shown, especially with the circumstances we have had to endure so far this season, imo has been a fantastic achievement so far to date.
Strongly believe we should be rejoicing the commitment to the cause of this team so far this season instead of keep looking for scapegoats as its not warranted imo
Another thing is its been on the road our home form is good but dropped the points away

That's hardly helped with some teams not even prepared to cross the halfway line playing against us either winter
Shocking , yet St Mirren went on attack at ibrokes today maybe Ill advised, still its because they know were the more dangerous attacking side and can really punish them if were on it same with the rest i expect something similar when sevco visit hit on the break typical rangers under advoccat at CP tactics bet GVB is the same. Like the way were headed Ange has been so far a great appointment and the leagues still there to be won

Your right John about there being many reasons that we are 6 points behind and we have dominated every game we have played this season including the Glasgow derby where we had 66% possession and had the best of the chances..As i mentioned im thinking Ange is doing a brill job..I dont often disagree with you John but you saying that Starfelt doesnt warrant any closer inspection..? Starfelt was at fault in goals and points conceded at Hearts,Dundee united,Rangers*, Hibs(cup),St Johnstone just off my head ..Now i know you could argue that the front men should have had they games out of sight which is true also..I have tried to give him the benefit of the doubt but i honestly think he will cost us more points and believe we should be looking at CBs regarding recruitment as Jullien seems still along way off ..Whats your views on Starfelt John ?

Your right John about there being many reasons that we are 6 points behind and we have dominated every game we have played this season including the Glasgow derby where we had 66% possession and had the best of the chances..As i mentioned im thinking Ange is doing a brill job..I dont often disagree with you John but you saying that Starfelt doesnt warrant any closer inspection..? Starfelt was at fault in goals and points conceded at Hearts,Dundee united,Rangers*, Hibs(cup),St Johnstone just off my head ..Now i know you could argue that the front men should have had they games out of sight which is true also..I have tried to give him the benefit of the doubt but i honestly think he will cost us more points and believe we should be looking at CBs regarding recruitment as Jullien seems still along way off ..Whats your views on Starfelt John ?
Good question 10iar, and I shall answer as best as I can even if it leaves me open to be attacked.
I noticed how you like many others in pinpointed Starfelt for the blame at them goals conceded, never mention the other players not doing there jobs properly either.
Even today with making a sloppy pass, like many others had done beforehand, he gets slated, yet nothing gets mentioned about CCV not going with the run of Kane to allow the free header, yet if it was the other way around it would still have been Starfelt fault.
Yes, he has made a number of mistakes that he could have done better with, yet we in general want to make them more high profile so setting double standards with how we can rate our players imo.
As a player in general, I don't personally think he is nowhere near as bad as some like to make out.
Don't believe we brought him as a left sided CB so had to grow into a position which wouldn't have been his preferred choice imo.
Think he reads the game fairly well with his all round positioning, as you don't see many if any balls played down the channels against him.
Wins most of his duels within a game, even though he is been targeted more so, especially against a CF trying to hold the ball up looking for support.
We have been far stronger at defending set plays and even the 2 you mention Hart never got criticism for not taking a ball in his own 6 yard box yet we slaughtered Barkas and Bain for doing the same.
Set plays when defending, you hope every player does there job and with the limited amount we have now conceded this season against last season, shows that he has to be doing something right, yet receives no credit for that but rather highlight the mistake.
His passing and taking the ball out of defence has improved no end compared to his 1st few games also.
So don't believe that we have got a better option currently at a left-sided CB and with conceding far less goals now, I don't understand the anti feelings about him from so many either.
However, should Ange decide to stick with the 3 at the back like today, then maybe other players like scales and even young Murray could come into the reckoning as well as Welsh for that position, but would still stick with Starfelt for the time being myself if given the choice.
I don't mind a bit of criticism about players but some of the stuff has been way over the top with not enough credit handed out at times imo.
Seems at times we like to have a scapegoat to pour our frustrations upon and Starfelt is currently that man.
Now before I get slated myself, just ask yourself would you except that very same criticism if it was been placed in the media while promoting goldshit?

Thanks for you detailed reply John :) ..No one will attack you as thats your valid opinion and youve backed up why you think that is..When you mention CCV , Hart etc , i think certain players get good grace because of their consistency levels..I personally think Starfelts slow ,poor in the air for his size when you compare him to CCV but you make a good point as in him playing out of position ..Thats why i feel we should be looking at a new left sided CB , easier said than done..Society is a blame game , anything goes wrong , its someones fault hence the scapegoat..

To answer your question , id say a resounding No..Reason is similar to the workplace..If its a Celtic fan criticizing the team , ill listen and discuss points..If a hun tries to run down our team at work , its fight time ..Same as media which is hun driven..I hope your proved right about him at seasons end John..ill be the first to say i got him wrong if thats the case

Thanks for you detailed reply John :) ..No one will attack you as thats your valid opinion and youve backed up why you think that is..When you mention CCV , Hart etc , i think certain players get good grace because of their consistency levels..I personally think Starfelts slow ,poor in the air for his size when you compare him to CCV but you make a good point as in him playing out of position ..Thats why i feel we should be looking at a new left sided CB , easier said than done..Society is a blame game , anything goes wrong , its someones fault hence the scapegoat..

To answer your question , id say a resounding No..Reason is similar to the workplace..If its a Celtic fan criticizing the team , ill listen and discuss points..If a hun tries to run down our team at work , its fight time ..Same as media which is hun driven..I hope your proved right about him at seasons end John..ill be the first to say i got him wrong if thats the case
See this is the potential problem as I see it as things stand 10iar.
CCV and Jota want to be signed up, plus paying out for more players in January, so where does everyone think all this potential money is going to come from when we haven't got to much to sell or would want to cash in on the value we have in the current squad.
So we still have no idea on the situation with Jules is, and could only possibly play as a centre of a 3 or right side of a 2, so still no better option as a left sided CB.
Can't see us spending the money on buying another left sided CB when other positions are more of a priority atm.
Still very uncertain over the long term of CCV and can't see any decision being made before the end of the season depending upon whether Jules actually recovers enough to make a full return and Starfelt will still be available for his preferred right side CB.
Now that well possibly leave us to develop a left sided CB that can be of a potential higher standard than Starfelt is currently, yet that will take time imo, and certainly not in a position of saying with any certainty that anyone else in the club can do a better job than Starfelt at the moment in the position.
When we win the title this won't count for fuck all, yet I already know who's getting the blame if we don't win the title 😂

See this is the potential problem as I see it as things stand 10iar.
CCV and Jota want to be signed up, plus paying out for more players in January, so where does everyone think all this potential money is going to come from when we haven't got to much to sell or would want to cash in on the value we have in the current squad.
How about Dermot Dungbag Desmond puts his hand in his pocket and takes out some of the millions he has made from player sales in the last decade. Yeah fuck all chance a that cos that profiteering cunt and his cronies care only about themselves. They're the absolute opposite of everything Tommy Burns believed in.

How about Dermot Dungbag Desmond puts his hand in his pocket and takes out some of the millions he has made from player sales in the last decade. Yeah fuck all chance a that cos that profiteering cunt and his cronies care only about themselves. They're the absolute opposite of everything Tommy Burns believed in.
Should get a better idea where those in the boardroom really stand by the end of January and what direction the club is really aiming for over the next couple of seasons, I would say but still wouldn't like to call it yet, such is the low level of trust within them still.

Latest posts

Back