St Mirren v Celtic - pre-match comments

Celtic Noise Bhoy

We'll open a separate thread for the build-up to every game and also one for post match reactions.

Could there be a debut on Friday night for one of the new Bhoys?

Looking forward to seeing Lewis Morgan get a run out he looked good in pre season games . He’s in the Europa league squad does anyone know if he’s fit to start after knee op ?

Hope we play three at the back, with Benkovic debuting, and Edouard/Griffiths up front. We may rest KT and McGregor ahead of Rosenborg next midweek.

Give Brown a rest on Friday ahead of the Rosenborg game and give Kouassi another run out. Still think he has enough aggression, athleticism and energy to make a career for himself as a central midfielder with the Celts.

Would be good to rest the players who were on international duty plus Broony and as said above get our new Bhoys some game time where possible

So looking forward to getting back to real football after the international nonsense.

St Mirren will no doubt be up for it with the players out to impress the new manager but can't see anything other than a comfortable victory for the hoops.

Agree this is not the game for rest or change,beware the new manager sindrom He will have them ge-ed up for it coupled with players playing for their position .Lets put our best team on the park

Last edited:
Would be good to rest the players who were on international duty plus Broony and as said above get our new Bhoys some game time where possible
St Mirren 1st game with a new manager might be a banana skin waiting to happen
Don't play too many new faces at once
We have a bit of momentum building Let's carry it on

HH?

I'd like to see Benkovic feet a run out and also the young ozzie lad, who's name escapes me for the moment.

It's a good game for them to get a wee taste.

Long as we win I'm easy though ?

Looking forward to this game ... really hate International football and won't even pretend to understand how the Nation's League works. Can't cheer on Scotland due to McLeish (EBT) and can't watch the Republic as they are so poor.

One funny thing; Welsh fans sung, 'You're just a shite Northern Ireland', to which the Irish fans replied, 'You're just a small town in England!'. :ROFLMAO:

St. Mirren new manager, Oran Kierney, is a great appointment. Turned Coleraine into a real force in the North. Man management is crucial these days, not just being a good coach. No Brendan but oozes confidence in his own ability.

Should be fairly comfortable but no game is easy which is a great thing too!

Feels like ages since we last played.

Right! Thank god for the return of domestic football. Those last internationals were dire across the board.

I saw a potential starting 11 yesterday for the Buddies game and was left pretty annoyed. I know it's paper talk but it happens time and time again under Rodgers. I completely back and trust him but why do we sign players and then never play some of them. I hear it's unlikely Mulumbu and Benkovic will start! With the Europa league game the following week I would have thought we'd get Benkovic at least bedded in.

Arzani already looks like another Musonda situation to me!

Are my concerns premature or warranted?

Concerns are fully justifiable, Papa Smurf!

Like us all, we wait with hope in our hearts. Personally, I think Mulumbu will be great for us, don't know too much about Benkovic (but Leicester did pay £13m for the guy) and as for Arzani - I have not got a clue.

Helpful as mud, I know! :unsure:

Back