St Mirren v Celtic - Scottish Cup , Sunday 11th Feb 2pm

After Wednesday night's performance I don't know what to think. No Kuhn, Bernardo nor Palma starting would be a certainty for me. With major doubts about Abada also. I am pretty nervous about this one. And Alan Muir on VAR is not helping.
St Mirren are having another good season, only points dropped since start of the year has been against Celtic and sevco.
Sit 5th 1pt behind killie and looks like it'll be between those two for 4th place they're 9pts clear of 6th place Dundee, think the gap to hearts in 3rd too much to catch.
I'm glad it's a 2 o'clock ko not a night time game, hopefully we can repeat the January performance and scud them for another 3 goals.

I could see Idah start this game again or even Oh if back and ready/fit , we need physicality as they always have that and kyogo on once we've run them ragged, I'd rather see two strikers I always would in domestic competition.
This is as tough as any fixture we couldve gotten I think and will take proper care and attention to dispose of them.
Every game league and cup from now til the seasons end is a cup final we have to treat each as such as our opposition certainly will.

With whom shall Rodgers start I've no idea, last team had a bit of the jawdrop about it and I'm sure there will be surprises in who plays.
Yang back , good to have players back though he didn't feature much for Korea in Qatar and I read his inclusion was considered controversial.
Glad to have Oh back now we have 3 strikers and options for back up and formation , hopefully we can get a stable side for the run in , it might just have come with perfect timing for us given the amount of uncertainty we have had all season in every section of the side.
Ababa, Palma, should be subs imo good options to bring on should we need them but they must be better than the hibs game I know Abada is just returning from a long enough time out, but I really hope that we haven't already lost him, in his head or heart due to what happened with the GB.
We cannot afford the type of , albeit cameo performance he put in at hibs .
This is a massive game for us at a tough venue, with there being no replays , a must win game.
Win this comfortably and it sends another strong message, we are the champions and we are not going away despite ourselves giving ourselves our toughest challenge.
Win this game and we kick on to the double Mon the hoops HH

St Mirren are having another good season, only points dropped since start of the year has been against Celtic and sevco.
Sit 5th 1pt behind killie and looks like it'll be between those two for 4th place they're 9pts clear of 6th place Dundee, think the gap to hearts in 3rd too much to catch.
I'm glad it's a 2 o'clock ko not a night time game, hopefully we can repeat the January performance and scud them for another 3 goals.

I could see Idah start this game again or even Oh if back and ready/fit , we need physicality as they always have that and kyogo on once we've run them ragged, I'd rather see two strikers I always would in domestic competition.
This is as tough as any fixture we couldve gotten I think and will take proper care and attention to dispose of them.
Every game league and cup from now til the seasons end is a cup final we have to treat each as such as our opposition certainly will.

With whom shall Rodgers start I've no idea, last team had a bit of the jawdrop about it and I'm sure there will be surprises in who plays.
Yang back , good to have players back though he didn't feature much for Korea in Qatar and I read his inclusion was considered controversial.
Glad to have Oh back now we have 3 strikers and options for back up and formation , hopefully we can get a stable side for the run in , it might just have come with perfect timing for us given the amount of uncertainty we have had all season in every section of the side.
Ababa, Palma, should be subs imo good options to bring on should we need them but they must be better than the hibs game I know Abada is just returning from a long enough time out, but I really hope that we haven't already lost him, in his head or heart due to what happened with the GB.
This is a massive game for us at a tough venue, with there being no replays , a must win game.
Win this comfortably and it sends another strong message, we are the champions and we are not going away despite ourselves giving ourselves our toughest challenge.
We are now struggling against Inferior teams. I'm not convinced we'll win this one.
There, I said it.

Problem could be if Idah and Oh start we potentially put in crosses(if our so called wingers) to these guys then Kyogo comes on. Service has to change.
I'd mix it up and start Kyogo and Idah

We are now struggling against Inferior teams. I'm not convinced we'll win this one.
There, I said it.
Saying exactly what we are all thinking Brim ....there is nothing convincing about this Celtic team and unfortunately that's been since pre season and first game of season to this very day. Its never felt right.
Alot to do with Ange v BR and the personnel thats here that suits either coach particularly our Asian bhoys who won us 2 leagues and now are very limited contributors as it stands.

Massive difference for me is the the loss of Jota and Mooy ....yes Starfelt is missed also.
But Jota and Mooy appreciate a Kyogo and visa versa......we simply don't have that quality movement skill or physicality now.

Calmac is suffering beside two young guys who hope to be stars of the future.
I stand by my original assessment of Bernardo despite his goal against the imposters he is not anywhere near it yet and is imo lost in his current forward position.

Big Matt has shown alot of glimpses of class but is not at any level of consistency and suffers from anonymity from game to game....a bit lazy at times for me...sorry Shammy.

We have a defence of Raldo(hero and love his Celtic commitment) Welsh (sorry not good enough) or Nawrocki (I like him) Scales( if he wasn't here we'd be fcuked) and Bernabei ( can't defend but not bad going forward)

Who would have thought at the start of the campaign that would be the the back four going Into the business end of the season.

We continue to play against a Scottish block of 5 in midfield and yet our solution is a horseshoe of possession football that does not penetrate rendering our wide players as completely ineffective.

We refuse to change our formation and or system and for 60 to 70 mins fail to make any great headway....and allow the Inferior opposition to believe in themselves.
Then all of a sudden we change it dramatically as we see it isn't working.

Repeat repeat and fail.

I hate to talk about my team like this but I have to accept this is the current reality.
I go into tomorrow with no expectation and suspect we are very short on confidence of the outcome.

I hope I'm entirely wrong and tomorrow is the start of a rally from the bhoys to retain our trophies. HH !!

There, I said it.
Many have the same worries.
This game/the cup brim or the title or both?
I get it why many are concerned but also I'm seeing them struggle against inferior teams and I'm convinced that we are still the best in the land.
We've played some really poor stuff at times but we've played some really good stuff as well like the 6-0 v Aberdeen.
With us suddenly looking like we have new options I won't say I'm completely convinced I am confident that we will win the title.
As its reaches the last dozen games I just think that we have the players , the depth in our squad, and the quality that's admittedly been missing lately, to fight it through as champions do in any league.
A lot will depend on our subs and the impact they make, we have a side with many treble winners in it, most of the team, our 2 underwhelming signings have scored our last 3 goals , I just get a feeling after Easter Rd that things have turned in our favour.
We've been playing poorly but still winning whilst they've been playing, and winning games yes but they're struggling , saw the YouTube highlights flip is all proud at keeping Ayr to 1 shot on target ,their 2nd goal had handball in the build up but goal is given around 75min.
I also think that the SPFL is written off as a farmers league so often , and sometimes its warranted but when it gets to the business end of the season the inferior clubs are always better , they're fighting for top 6 or to avoid relegation.
Scottish football is ranked 9th or 10th in Europe for a reason, Putin, for getting Russia banned 😛 nah seriously our league takes pelters but it's raided every season by all of Europe now so if we're so bad here why the italians, english and Spanish all wanting our players.
Those players usually internationals .
I remain confident , morseso that we've almost everyone back still miss Hatate, that we can win both the cup and retain our title. HH

Last edited:
Back