St Mirren v Celtic, Sunday 18th September 12 noon

A poor performance all round. Yes, we made too many changes but these players should still be good enough to beat St Mirren.

The Buddies had a game plan which was very effective and bullied our players, snatching a couple of goals against the run of play.

Both sides got what they deserved today. It is shite to lose 3 points like this but life goes on.

For me, this is a case of the chickens coming home to roost. And have been for a long time. In January, we need to go out and sign a no nonsense, reliable, physical central defender, for these type of matches, as backup. Today proved it. It's not as if there is a shortage of them. Particularly in the Championship. St. Mirren deserved their win today. They got two shots on target and scored both.

Last edited:
It happens. Yes, we should be beating every team in scotland. We have the best players, the best management, the most money and the best training facilities but sometimes that all means fuck all if the team have an off day. Today is just one of those days. Not the end of the world. Ange now knows what formations with what players he can't trust...his failing as a manager today is not knowing before he picked the teams but sometimes you don't find out until you're in a competitive match. I'm sure it won't happen again. Still top of the league. Still the champions. Hail Hail 🍀🍀🍀

It happens. Yes, we should be beating every team in scotland. We have the best players, the best management, the most money and the best training facilities but sometimes that all means fuck all if the team have an off day. Today is just one of those days. Not the end of the world. Ange now knows what formations with what players he can't trust...his failing as a manager today is not knowing before he picked the teams but sometimes you don't find out until you're in a competitive match. I'm sure it won't happen again. Still top of the league. Still the champions. Hail Hail 🍀🍀🍀
Exactly they done wit teams need to do against us and we also dropped our performance levels it happens I don't want it to be easy every game that's not a good thing for teams mindset for me today's a boot the arse just to remind them what's needed as for others moaning about Ange using the squad that's wit has a does we know that didn't hear anybody moan the other week wen he changed 9 bodies HH

We aren't entitled to win every game but we should have enough to beat St Mirren.

The midfield didn't feed the forwards and were happy to play the game at St Mirren's pace not realising that Angeball calls for speed, intensity and crisp passing. None of which we witnessed today.
I'm interested to hear what Ange has to say about the team's flatness.

Ange got the starting line up wrong, O'Riley and Jota should have started the game
Mooy and Turnbull, pedestrian
We missed CCv and his physical presence, but got to give the Buddies full marks for playing to their strengths, we did not
4 am kickoff, and they play like that, thanks Bhoys
Absolute gash
Oh well, we deal and move on
Can only hope St Mirren play like that, against the rest of the league
And it's goodnight from me
HH

6 changes to many and we were off our game but the one positive is we are still top of league and if you are going to have a bad game do while you are yes the ref helped them the fouls off the ball ignored the trips ect but we should have been good enough to beat them be prepared for the Media frenzy tomorrow but hope this was a one off

Should always start your best 11. Chopping and changing not good? Poor allover the pitch can't blame the strips for it. Blame the team , we have to get better quality on the ball to see us through when teams park the bus.

We arent huns so I won't go as far as blaming the strips, that would be a terrible excuse. We were beat bacause we were poor. Bur even if we had won today I'd still say it was a bad choice. Same colour shorts and practically same colour tops as your opponents is mental!! Especially when your whole game is based around quick movement of the ball. Some of our players don't even look up. They play the ball into space they know their team mates will be. It would be very easy, like Jota did, to see a flash of colour and think it's your team mate. That being said, our passing was so poor and slow, with very little creativity that I don't think the strip clash came into play.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back