St Mirren v Celtic - Wed 22nd Dec 7.45pm

We knew they would park the bus.....I think we need to be more tactically flexible at times.....we could have gone 3 at the back with C-V, Walsh and Scales.....a back 3 with good height and balance.....this would have allowed us to play an extra player up top which we were crying out for..... especially going in to the last 15 mins or so......
Park the bus? They played anti football all night, the type that would get football stopped.🍀🍀

One positive to come out of this is the board surely need to back Ange further in the window. If we're serious about building a team we still need players. In a way we've been papering over the cracks.
Some players need to go, some need to stay. Look how much we've missed Jota, and he isnt even a permanent signing. Same with CCV, on loan. If these players go we need to have cover. As well as another Striker.
Ajeti can go. G-Mak is looking like sicknote. The other makeshift stand-ins are not up to scratch. Ange has done well winning a Cup in 6 months, but a Title may take few more windows.
Remember CB, it's a Celtic Board you are referring to. Half way through a season. Covid going to disrupt events. Uncertain future. Perfect excuse. What you have in the wallet is secured. I think that after tonight, as supporters, we may be in for a shock. The perfect reason to save cash. Hope I'm wrong.

Indeed you aren’t. Probably the best thing you’ve said all night 😂

anyway, turns out it was your post and o thought you were talking about st Mirren mutants beating us and that was league lost.

either way, still only half way through the season and points could even be dropped by them before we play them.

keep the faith ✊🏼
Best thing ive said all night?because your posts are fabulous 🤣the mutants are the huns ...i say what i think and will continue to do so .Have a nice Christmas cheezy bunnet.

I may upset people but these are my thoughts. I apologise in advance if so.

We had 95 minutes to put a goal past a side like that. Impossible to break down a defence like that. Injuries. I don't want to hear those excuses. It is the glaring flaw with Angeball. Livingston, Dundee Utd, nearly Ross County, now St. Mirren. Why? Wedded to a philosophy that will not always deliver. The reality of the Scottish League is that Celtic must always deliver or we will not win it. Ange must start to wise up and realise that the three points are more important than nice football. Sometimes you have to play these teams with what they face every week. And on average it is what they succumb to, each other on. Totally frustrated as I now see the League gone.
Not upset at all POD, your comments are always welcome. But I kind of disagree with you in terms of looking for excuses. For me the depth of squad simply isn't good enough. Not an excuse for our poor performance tonight. I see it as more of a REASON for us dropping two points. I said before tonight's game we were getting ahead of ourselves. The possibility of us having a result such as tonights has been there for some time as far as I'm concerned. Indeed we were only seconds away from doing so last week. Three points in our next game is absolutely essential, that's for sure. Come January we get a few bodies in and players back from injury. Very difficult task ahead, but as far as this season is concerned that was always gonna be the case. Not over yet.

I think we've just started to see how some players have really took the weight off some others. Lads like Kyogo, Jota, CCV, Rogic, Ralston, Mcgregor, even Turnbull, have pulled us out of results like tonight on many occasions when I think of it.
Quite a few others have not pulled their weight and on a night like tonight they have shown how ordinary they really are when the real talented guys are not available. Yep some passengers needing their collar felt, times up for some of them.
I think Ange will be well aware who they are, cuts will be made.

Anyways, theres still a way to go in this title race.
Have a Great Xmas guys an gals. HH.

Not upset at all POD, your comments are always welcome. But I kind of disagree with you in terms of looking for excuses. For me the depth of squad simply isn't good enough. Not an excuse for our poor performance tonight. I see it as more of a REASON for us dropping two points. I said before tonight's game we were getting ahead of ourselves. The possibility of us having a result such as tonights has been there for some time as far as I'm concerned. Indeed we were only seconds away from doing so last week. Three points in our next game is absolutely essential, that's for sure. Come January we get a few bodies in and players back from injury. Very difficult task ahead, but as far as this season is concerned that was always gonna be the case. Not over yet.
Thanks Frank. Love your positivity. Will reply tomorrow. Still annoyed, so best to leave the posting. Tommorow's another day. I learned that a long time ago with us. Take care 👍

Aye, ffs the doom merchants oan here tonight. We're 6pts behind the Hun cunts, yee really think they'll be fired up for a cauld windy night up a Pittodrie? The league isn't over at Christmas, we could be going into rescheduled New Year 3pts behind. Keep the Faith & FFS STOP THE NEGATIVE 💩 FFS.😡🤬😡

Aye, ffs the doom merchants oan here tonight. We're 6pts behind the Hun cunts, yee really think they'll be fired up for a cauld windy night up a Pittodrie? The league isn't over at Christmas, we could be going into rescheduled New Year 3pts behind. Keep the Faith & FFS STOP THE NEGATIVE 💩 FFS.😡🤬😡
Still have 9 potential points to take off them if they last that long

funny watching JG on the line using his coaching skills and giving out orders to basically defend like fuck and do not cross the half way line unless Celtics keeper joins the attack. Don't care what anyone says about wee diddy teams and survival but this is St Mirren in every game they are fucking shite and Goodwin is the reason young players are never recognised or potential released, Jack Ross would have gave youth a chance by letting them express their talents. If you keep the shackles on kids, then they will not prosper nor will your club, St Mirren are a selling club and January opens a window, pity they will not have any wares to display.

If he had played, they'd have kicked the shit out of him, that, and the state of the pitch, the torrential rain, the wee man needs more time to rest imho
I want him for the rest of the season
Some people are saying the league is lost...is it fuck
We never give up, that's why we are Celtic
HH
League certainly not done,,but Kyogo gets kicked fuck out every game he plays don’t be fooled by his boyish looks he’s a hardy wee guy,,thing is he makes the runs and moves defenders all ways were as Johnson and Abada(as much as a think they offer zero) they’re wingers and don’t posses that instinct,season finishes til February plenty time to rest need him now,,needed him tonite!!

Ange comfirmed tonight that no players were rested and all players missing were out because of injury. We just need to collect the 3 points on Boxing Day and get into the winter break to let them rest up and let the injured guys return.

I think everyone can agree we need to strengthen the squad with first team ready recruits. And get out some of those who are under performing out on loan or sell them.

No league titles get awarded in December but tonight's result makes it that wee bit harder than it was. But we will recover to win the league.

Last edited:
Ange comfirmed tonight that no players were rested and all players missing were out because of injury. We just need to collect the 3 points on Boxing Day and get into the winter break to let them rest up and let the injured guys return.

I think everyone can agree we need to strengthen the squad with first team ready recruits. And get out some of those who are performing out on loan or sell them.

No league titles get awarded in December but tonight's result makes it that wee bit harder than it was. But we will recover to win the league.
I think he said,"if they want a rest they can do that when they're 45".
:ROFLMAO:

WTF, just came back fae taking the dug for a walk, tae find Daughter & Wife oan a Zoom call wae Daughter-in-law They think Jim "Plastic Paddy" Goodwin is a ride. I'm a broken man as if dropping 2pts tae the pricks no bad enough. Fuck It 🥃🥃 Slàinte 😂😂😂😂

Huffing and puffing with no real plan against brick wall.

We either need a few powerful centre forwards going forward to play that tactic tonight.

The reason most of our players are injured imo is over exertion due to no real plan to manage different periods of game and different tactics especially away from home.

too many wee boys with little experience away from home against brick wall doesnt help. Refs no protecting players and breaking up play as often as possible means the huff and puff tactic will falter especially on non glamour matches away from home.

tonight was just dross to watch

And the lack of plan B

A wee winger in middle to connect with high crosses and general lack of shooting between the posts made it dire night.

Poor game changiong subs as well imo

no change in tactic that i could see despite lots of subs

lots of wing play with no central quality- just gash

Huffing and puffing with no real plan against brick wall.

We either need a few powerful centre forwards going forward to play that tactic tonight.

The reason most of our players are injured imo is over exertion due to no real plan to manage different periods of game and different tactics especially away from home.

too many wee boys with little experience away from home against brick wall doesnt help. Refs no protecting players and breaking up play as often as possible means the huff and puff tactic will falter especially on non glamour matches away from home.

tonight was just dross to watch

And the lack of plan B

A wee winger in middle to connect with high crosses and general lack of shooting between the posts made it dire night.

Poor game changiong subs as well imo

no change in tactic that i could see despite lots of subs

lots of wing play with no central quality- just gash
Not having seen it yet makes it hard to comment for me still the line up shouldve been strong enough to defeat a full strength st Mirren I agree about the subs Ange makes they are questionable at times especially for the times they're made but I'll need to see this myself not looking forward to that

Not having seen it yet makes it hard to comment for me still the line up shouldve been strong enough to defeat a full strength st Mirren I agree about the subs Ange makes they are questionable at times especially for the times they're made but I'll need to see this myself not looking forward to that
Moffat johnson and abada as front 3

no sure any of them actually made a pass that connected once despite moffat and johnson having plenty of the ball

Mikey doesnt even look for a pass

dribble dribble oh woof miles over

then when he actually has decent chance to shoot

dribble dribble urgh too many dribbles or woof missed everybody with that cross

Back