Stalemate and the blame game between Lawwell and Rodgers comes to a Crossroads

Derry Bhoy

It is urgent that the situation between Brendan Rogers and Peter Lawwell is resolved as quickly as possible. The reason I say this is that both have excuses to hid behind, and both can blame each other for the current shambles at the club. Rogers is quite content to blame Lawwell and the board while Lawwell is quite content to blame Rogers for mismanaging the team over the last 18 months and Rogers may have a case to answer when you consider that he has signed a lot of players who are just are not good enough. , A clear out is urgently required in January,when you look at the money being spent on the players who are sitting around and not even making the bench it is quite shocking players like Compper, Hayes, Allen, Britton, De Vries, Izaguirre , Gamboa , Ralston , Benyu ,Kouassi are all sitting on wages ranging from £10,000 up to £23,000 per week.
Who is at fault ? it certainly not the supporters they have supported the club in big numbers at home and abroad. Spending money on season tickets, merchandise and travel.
As far as Rogers is concerned he will tell us he won the double treble, brought in Scott Sinclair and Moussa Dembele for £500,000 and he was sold for £20,000,000. and he has lost Demble ,Roberts and Armstrong who were not replaced. Lawwell will tell us he has supported Rogers and payed £9,000,000 for Edouard brought in Mulumba and is supporting Rogers within the means of the club
We have reached a crossroads and Peter and Brendan would need to get togather and issue a statment to the supporters to clarify what the problems are and be upfront with the supporters.
Big Jock said" The Jersey does not shrink to fit inferior players" that was never more true that at present. Its time the club got back to basics and that includes playing for the jersey and getting back to playing our traditional hoops.Whatever the rights and wrongs are they need sorted urgently as the situation seems to be getting worse with every passing game.

Sorry Guys but how can Peter Lawwell not signing John McGinn result in the poor standard of our performances. That is down to Brendan and his coaching team. The 4 signings Christie Morgan, Mulumbu, Benkovic have not been our worst performers. Brendan has signed 20 players in 5 windows at most 4 of which play.

The players don't believe in Brendan any more. I don't think John McGinn would have made any difference

I'm a wee bit confused here. Brendan came out during the McGinn saga and said signing players was not within his remit. If not, who is responsible for signing these players? Surely Brendan has the final say, or does he? I don't know what's going on between Brendan and Tory Pete, but there's someone bullshitting us. I'd just like the truth for once!

Most supporters agreed that these players should be signed Allen, Christie and Hayes-were top players at there clubs beforehand. I remember the media circus that went on around both Allen and Christie,is it not up to these players to perform better and get into the team.We can kick on from here and win the league but I agree we need to sign better quality and not just anyone to keep the fans quiet

I'm a wee bit confused here. Brendan came out during the McGinn saga and said signing players was not within his remit. If not, who is responsible for signing these players? Surely Brendan has the final say, or does he? I don't know what's going on between Brendan and Tory Pete, but there's someone bullshitting us. I'd just like the truth for once!
This is the reason I am asking for Brendan and Lawwell to release a statement and let the supporters know what the heck is going on.

The next A.G.M. should be a stonker - if the shareholders grow a set and ask the right questions about who exactly is responsible for this season's debacle thus far.
As I am tired of saying we need change top through to bottom. Complete clear out. Shareholders don't make me laugh their only interests is money in the bank. This team of ours will get wesker every transfer window from now on till the supporters say enough is enough. Demonstrations that will eclipse the sack the board era. HH. Pal☘️

Pains me to say it but here goes ...I don't think that Brendan Rogers has got the tactics to suit Celtic in Europe .
We were clearly outplayed and outclassed by Salzburg - who are not Barcelona or PSG by any means . Their players are not household names and I would be surprised if their salaries were anywhere near the top earners at Celtic .
They played fast , free-flowing football , they could tackle , control the ball under pressure and put us under almost constant pressure for most of the game . We were like many teams that we play in Scotland week in , week out - behind the pace , slow to react , giving the ball away constantly , panicking when under pressure . It was clear for all to see , even although we were a goal up , that it would only be a matter of time before the floodgates opened . A really good team ( Champions League ? ) would have embarrassed us - again !
What do we do ? Blame the Board ? Blame Lawwell ? Blame Brendan ?

I hope someone has the answer .

Pains me to say it but here goes ...I don't think that Brendan Rogers has got the tactics to suit Celtic in Europe .
We were clearly outplayed and outclassed by Salzburg - who are not Barcelona or PSG by any means . Their players are not household names and I would be surprised if their salaries were anywhere near the top earners at Celtic .
They played fast , free-flowing football , they could tackle , control the ball under pressure and put us under almost constant pressure for most of the game . We were like many teams that we play in Scotland week in , week out - behind the pace , slow to react , giving the ball away constantly , panicking when under pressure . It was clear for all to see , even although we were a goal up , that it would only be a matter of time before the floodgates opened . A really good team ( Champions League ? ) would have embarrassed us - again !

Blame all three. Lawwell for not doing enough for Brendan in the summer, Brendan for tactics employed on euro nights., the board for not telling the supporters of a breakdown in relations between lawwell and Rodgers. HH Millsy.☘️

there's clearly something wrong behind the scenes,"rumours" about transfer targets missed, the public McGinn debacle, dembele last day of transfer window, (I believe his leaving has affected ntcham and eddy),we all knew he was going to leave for big money at some point,but no contingency plan, and that I think is the main problem,PL said there is a plan in place CL qualification failure, but there doesn't seem to be a plan for disruption to the squad HH:mad:

I expect Jan to be the the month when something will have give. We really can't go on like this much longer or Tinr will become a dream. HH ☘️

I mentioned on another thread that January seems to be a straw that many are clutching for in this dire season . But in January the same people ( whoever it is ) will be making the signings ( or not ) that have caused so many of us to complain about the standards in the team . Can we really depend on the same people to suddenly get their act together and pull a rabbit out of the hat ?
I hope so - but will not be holding my breath .
HH

I mentioned on another thread that January seems to be a straw that many are clutching for in this dire season . But in January the same people ( whoever it is ) will be making the signings ( or not ) that have caused so many of us to complain about the standards in the team . Can we really depend on the same people to suddenly get their act together and pull a rabbit out of the hat ?
I hope so - but will not be holding my breath .
HH
Millsy I don't expect much too happen in Jan. More outs than in. The camels back is already broken after last night's display. I think that sometimes as supporters of our great club can be over loyal. Questions need asked by us personally to lawwell and Co by reps of the supporters associations around the world. No point in asking shareholders at the agms to do it their interests are the same as lawwells.HH ☘️

This is the reason I am asking for Brendan and Lawwell to release a statement and let the supporters know what the heck is going on.

If they did, you can rest assured it be full of 100% pish.

Nobody tells it how it is in football or any other sport, if we knew half the amount of double dealings, by either, we would despise both.

Probably Brendan a little less.

When was the last time anyone made a noteworthy, truthful statement anywhere - at any time - in Scottish football.

The only person who calls a spade a spade, with any impartiality, is Michael Stewart. Ever heard him refer to Sevco 5088 as a completely new entity?

No, nor have I.

Most of us agree, we get what we deserve as our games dies due to good men saying nothing.

It is so depressing!

(SINCERE APOLOGIES FOR BEING THE GENUINE VICTOR MELDREW - YES I BOUGHT THE SERIES AND THE HISTORY FROM IT: I AM VICTOR MELDREW!!)

think we've hit the wall Verum regarding Europe when brendan said " we can't compete" what do the players think! his European record is not great,liverpool supporters slaughtered him! lenny and Strachan's team's performed decent enough against some European giants! brendan's admitting defeat before a ball's kicked, "this group will be tough"" this qualification will be tough" getting his excuses in early,jist sayin HH

Good post
When trust and relationships go there is Never a way back
We all know it !
I’ve believed from the minute BR went public with all the shit .. it was over for either him or PL
PL will see himself as king at CFC for years ahead Or in a big job in EPL or Uefa
BR I am sure would like to be immortalised with 10inaro ( Europe will never happen .. that boat has sailed for the wee countries) then go .
If one of the two of them don’t go soon the club will potentially implode with consequences we don’t want to think about ..where a bunch of muppets and criminals at Ibrox get the better of us
If We let loose of our grip on the league title etc with all the finances we have the fans will NEVER EVER Forgive the Current board members
Someone needs to step up and force the issue here
If It’s BR or PL stop pissing around guys and make a decision
PS I’ll be delighted if they do actually get on like a house on fire and it’s just a blip and they will fix it all no problem in due course ..but I’m sorry I don’t believe it

Back