Statement o clock

Saturday, 11 April 2020, 15:00
by Rangers Football Club

WE have been presented with evidence via a whistleblower that raises serious concerns surrounding the SPFL’s processes relating to its stewardship of the voting on the resolution presented to member Clubs.
Rangers’ Interim Chairman, Douglas Park, attempted to discuss this evidence with SPFL chief executive, Neil Doncaster, who initially refused to do so. The SPFL followed up that call with an e-mail, which we believe was a thinly disguised attempt to silence legitimate concerns.
Rangers will not be bullied into silence. We believe it is in the interests of all Scottish clubs and supporters that the evidence, which is alarming, be addressed as quickly as possible.
The voting debacle and the evidence we possess raise serious questions concerning the corporate governance of the SPFL.
Mr Park said: “The lack of leadership and responsibility from the SPFL as a members’ organisation has shocked me. If ever there was a time for complete openness and transparency, it is now. Crucial decisions are being made on the issues of promotion and relegation behind closed doors and without proper time for consideration or debate.
“The farcical conduct of this affair seems to me to bring the corporate governance and business operations of the SPFL into sharp focus. It is an example of an undemocratic culture, which has existed within the SPFL for far too long.
“As a member club, we are disturbed by the evidence that has been presented and feel there is no choice but to call for an independent investigation into this entire matter. Each member of the SPFL board has a duty to its members to ensure that such an investigation is instructed without delay.
“All we ask for is equality and respect. In the past few days, we have become alarmed at a seeming lack of even-handedness and fair play from the SPFL. This is surely unacceptable and, if substantiated, must be remedied.
“Other member clubs, who have seen the evidence we hold, share our concerns.
“We call for the suspension of the SPFL’s Chief Executive, Neil Doncaster and its legal adviser, Rod McKenzie while an independent investigation is conducted.”
I think everyone knew that as soon as the rangers complained the spfl would fold. if they really want openness and transparency then give them it, make the 5 way agreement details open to all, make a decision on taking their case to CAS and get a final declaration from eufa about when the rangers were founded and how many trophies they actually have.

whistleblower----Robinson

Evidence

:unsure: well they do have form

File under pish made up to suit there agenda ,if they had eveidence they would be on every news channel and front page paper with it ,they're playing from the DUP pr book now

let the lies n smears go first

spfl and the sfa have to power to take these manky fkrs to task ,,,,wouldn't hold my breath on that one though

clubs should cast a new vote ,,,,,,,,,,,,no cash untill the leagues over and finished let the bastards stew in their own pish , they want to prolong this then let them ,there in the most need
If there is a 28 day period in which to lodge your vote then there's nothing wrong with Dundee's stance. The spfl were just trying to get a vote in early to enable them to pay out the money to help some clubs in trouble that's why they said Friday 5 PM. If they said 28 days who do you think would be the first club to complain. They are a nothing the spfl should grow a pair or they will forever be blackmailed into acting in one clubs interest.

If there is a 28 day period in which to lodge your vote then there's nothing wrong with Dundee's stance. The spfl were just trying to get a vote in early to enable them to pay out the money to help some clubs in trouble that's why they said Friday 5 PM. If they said 28 days who do you think would be the first club to complain. They are a nothing the spfl should grow a pair or they will forever be blackmailed into acting in one clubs interest.

Every time the blue room have cocked up they want bailed out in some way by the SPFL or SFA and they also always want rules and regulations changed to assist them. This time the rules are the rules and behaving within them is causing that manky, cheating, bigoted klub all sorts of pain. Long may it continue.

Questions:

Do the SPFL have a fiduciary duty to their members to undertake appropriate due diligence before they contemplate lending money to anyone?

If they were to lend money to a member club that was in reality trading whilst insolvent.....could they be sued for acting irresponsibly with the funds of their members?

If a member club defaulted on paying back a loan to the SPFL who would be held accountable?

Anyone know?
1. I would have thought so like any competent business would... oh, wait....

2. I would like to think so. Wouldn't the SPFL, being made up of member clubs, be liable to those clubs?

3. The rest of us... like a time in the past when a club died owing tens of millions to HMRC.

I coodny believe it...….when a hun says this.....it just lets you know how thick they are.....

'I hope the board keep their boot firmly on the throats of those bastards on the spfl board, they are beginning to panic and are searching for a get out of jail card, they will offer the money to all clubs as a loan, interestingly the loan has to be secured. That could create a problem for the east end mob as everything they own has been used as security on other loans and debts. '

This is the limit of knowledge weer up against....🤣

When the results of the vote were made known Dundee contacted SPFL to state do not take our vote as it stands and SPFL replied what vote we never recieved your vote The email i believe will show a late submittance and that is why the SPFL are able to now claim we see it, but it was a late post so obviously at the deadline count its not in the count box.

I think there plan has been get payment from the SPFL for 2nd place but make sure the leagues not called till june ,blame covid /spfl/ma dug for the dire situation they find themselves in

make sure 2nd place is lodged with uefa for euro place and then go into admin and out again as majority of debt is to investors and shareholders so cva won't be a problem

hey ho switcheroo club/company and the point deduction will be forthis year not the next

or it could be isolations got ma head whizzin

I think there plan has been get payment from the SPFL for 2nd place but make sure the leagues not called till june ,blame covid /spfl/ma dug for the dire situation they find themselves in

make sure 2nd place is lodged with uefa for euro place and then go into admin and out again as majority of debt is to investors and shareholders so cva won't be a problem

hey ho switcheroo club/company and the point deduction will be forthis year not the next

or it could be isolations got ma head whizzin
Totally plausible Kelly, one thing for sure is they are gonna shaft somebody,anybody, everybody.

Questions:

Do the SPFL have a fiduciary duty to their members to undertake appropriate due diligence before they contemplate lending money to anyone?

If they were to lend money to a member club that was in reality trading whilst insolvent.....could they be sued for acting irresponsibly with the funds of their members?

If a member club defaulted on paying back a loan to the SPFL who would be held accountable?

Anyone know?
Think they have a duty of care to do due diligence on any club trying to secure a loan ,just as any bank of lending institute would do

Being the spfl they would also require agreement from MEMBER clubs as they are all have an equal share in the spfl

when it comes to cash it's one rulei don't think will be broken

I coodny believe it...….when a hun says this.....it just lets you know how thick they are.....

'I hope the board keep their boot firmly on the throats of those bastards on the spfl board, they are beginning to panic and are searching for a get out of jail card, they will offer the money to all clubs as a loan, interestingly the loan has to be secured. That could create a problem for the east end mob as everything they own has been used as security on other loans and debts. '

OMG. 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂

think they actually live in Monty python script

the black knight has his boot firmly on the throat of his adversaries in this scene.

Sevco fans believe the black knight represents Sevco

and he is winning the war

upthehoops 11th April 2020 at 19:04

The statement below is allegedly from a Director of Morton, which was taken from a newspaper comments column. The last three lines are in my view what Rangers problem really is. That and the fact they have a desperate need for cash.

I am a director of a championship club and have seen the SPFL circulars to clubs first hand. They appear to have been absolutely open and honest and came to a reasoned recommendation that a vast majority of clubs agree with and voted for. I can understand objections from potentially relegated clubs like Hearts and Thistle but these clubs are bottom of the league after approx three quarters of the season because of their performances on the park. In all the circumstances it is inevitable that there will be winners and losers – it is nobody’s fault and there is no alternative solution that is any fairer! Rangers objection seems to lie mainly in declaring Celtic champions! No fair minded person can grudge Celtic that but when they think of Celtic, can anyone expect Rangers to be fair minded?

WOW! Boab......Just WOW!

That last sentence says everything everyone in this sad and lost little country of ours has been afraid to say for over a century.
........excepting Celtic.
Well said Morton.

Members online

Latest posts

Back