Steven Fletcher - From 2009/2018

Loads don't get the positives of this...he is a class player even at this age and will bring on our younger strikers no end through his professionalism and his desire to play for the team...I don't see anything other than a positive from this is it does happen.....ask Chris Sutton
A good addition to the squad without a doubt, 10 to 15 goals a season as a squad player, maybe more.
Not a signing to get the pulses racing if it does happen, but might end up a smart piece of business, a cheap roll of the dice purchase if it goes ahead.

A good addition to the squad without a doubt, 10 to 15 goals a season as a squad player, maybe more.
Not a signing to get the pulses racing if it does happen, but might end up a smart piece of business, a cheap roll of the dice purchase if it goes ahead.
still want a centre half! and who does he keep oot the team? is he no' injury prone? any way, mutter,mutter........ 🍺 🥳

A shrewd signing who is a massive upgrade on Bayo. Offers something different to the other three. A good link up player who would thrive with the likes of Edouard, Elyounoussi, Christie and Forrest playing around him. Watch his link up with Forrest, Christie and McGregor when Scotland beat Albania 4-0. Him and either Ajeti or Toney would be good business. If either of the other two sign then I'd imagine Griffiths will go.
How does he offer something? I striker who doesn't score goals. The guy is poor, was terrible with Sunderland and his career has went down hill since. Are you going to play him before giff or kilmala? Supposedly he's getting offered £18k a week. It's a fucking joke and a slap in the face to fans who have shelled out big time over the summer buying new kit and season books to watch the games in the house.
If Fletcher is the best Hammond can come up with, I think we need to sack the cunt

How does he offer something? I striker who doesn't score goals. The guy is poor, was terrible with Sunderland and his career has went down hill since. Are you going to play him before giff or kilmala? Supposedly he's getting offered £18k a week. It's a fucking joke and a slap in the face to fans who have shelled out big time over the summer buying new kit and season books to watch the games in the house.
If Fletcher is the best Hammond can come up with, I think we need to sack the cunt
Absolutely enough said

Look I think given that this is the season we're going for the historic 10 we should be aiming higher than a 33 year old injury prone free agent but I've decided to look at the positives on this one.....

1. If it's a choice between Fletcher or yet another 'youngster with potential' coming in then I'll take Fletcher's experience over that all day fucking long. Got a squad packed full of potential, sick to the back teeth with these signings and hearing about 'potential' we never get to see.

2. If Fletcher is the striker we're signing in this window then it means Eddy is staying! Because if Lawell & The Board think they can replace French Eddy with Steven Fletcher as we're trying to win a 10th straight title and make history then not even Ian Bankier's super-villain private island will be far enough away for them to survive. They will be hunted down, strung up by their ballsacks from a palm tree and left to cook in the tropical sun before being pelted to death with coconuts. (Ye hear that Peter, by the ballsack)!

So Fletcher it is then......honest I'm smiling 😐(y)

Last edited:
Look I think given that this is the season we're going for the historic 10 we should be aiming higher than a 33 year old injury prone free agent but I've decided to look at the positives on this one.....

1. If it's a choice between Fletcher or yet another 'youngster with potential' coming in then I'll take Fletcher's experience over that all day fucking long. Got a squad packed full of potential, sick to the back teeth with these signings and hearing about 'potential' we never get to see.

2. If Fletcher is the striker we're signing in this window then it means Eddy is staying! Because if Lawell & The Board think they can replace French Eddy with Steven Fletcher as we're trying to win a 10th straight title and make history then not even Ian Bankier's super-villain private island will be far enough away for them to survive. They will be hunted down, strung up by their ballsacks from a palm tree and left to cook in the tropical sun before being pelted to death with coconuts. (Ye hear that Peter, by the ballsack)!

So Fletcher it is :)(y)
Your forgetting they sold Tierney and replaced him with boli when we were going for 9 in a row. When it comes to saving money I wouldn't put anything past PL

Your forgetting they sold Tierney and replaced him with boli when we were going for 9 in a row. When it comes to saving money I wouldn't put anything past PL

Not forgot Glasbhoy and I wouldn't put anything past Lawell either but selling Eddy and replacing him with Fletcher would see a revolt by the support imo, I don't think there would be any coming back for Lawell this time around if he were to do that.

Plus Boli wasn't a 33 year old injury prone player at the end of his career, he was a decent player for Rapid Vienna it just doesn't seem to have worked out for him at Celtic.

He scored 13 in 27 last season. That’s better than Griffiths in any of the last 4 seasons. If we are relying on Griffiths, Klimala and Bayo we’re fecked if Eddy get injured or sold. Griffiths is at best unreliable, Bayo isn’t good enough and Klimala is a project that hopefully will develop through the season. We need a striker to play with Eddy (Ajeti or Toney?) and an experienced back up to give us an option off the bench along with Klimala.

Not forgot Glasbhoy and I wouldn't put anything past Lawell either but selling Eddy and replacing him with Fletcher would see a revolt by the support imo, I don't think there would be any coming back for Lawell this time around if he were to do that.

Plus Boli wasn't a 33 year old injury prone player at the end of his career, he was a decent player for Rapid Vienna it just doesn't seem to have worked out for him at Celtic.
Bolingoli and 'decent player' don't blong in the same sentence

Naw from me i see it as a waste of a wage and a jersey and at 33 who are we trying to kid that's the bottom of the barrel we've scrapped and were already to believe he will come in and unpick packed defences and get us goals
were a free scoring team so far ,what we need is cover in defence not another washed up wannabe to unsettle the confidence of the strikers we have and the twat who bought Bayo should clear his desk and move on, they knew for a year he wasn't going to cut it at Celtic and yet we still kept him on ,and only now do we seek to replace him with a player at the end of his carrer that nobody else wants
In a season were going for 10 ,that's the first hint at having no ambition

Would anyone be shocked or surprised if fletcher was pistol Petes answer to replacing eddy should he leave. I mean, its a perfect bit of business and Lawwell is a great business man if nothing else. £30+ million for eddy and a free tranfer as a replacement....bonus in the bag.

Why do clubs buy expensive players and gift them and managers high salaries and declare they are struggling financialy and put this out,

Celtic Gossip
@CelticGossip

·
19h

Cash-strapped Arsenal propose 55 redundancies among 'dedicated staff' http://a.msn.com/02/en-ie/BB17BgC6?ocid=st2

always the working class low waged who take the hit for the mega stars and fat cats, sometimes football just kicks you in the baws and leaving you feeling angry.

Naw from me i see it as a waste of a wage and a jersey and at 33 who are we trying to kid that's the bottom of the barrel we've scrapped and were already to believe he will come in and unpick packed defences and get us goals
were a free scoring team so far ,what we need is cover in defence not another washed up wannabe to unsettle the confidence of the strikers we have and the twat who bought Bayo should clear his desk and move on, they knew for a year he wasn't going to cut it at Celtic and yet we still kept him on ,and only now do we seek to replace him with a player at the end of his carrer that nobody else wants
In a season were going for 10 ,that's the first hint at having no ambition
Bang on plus just been announced he is mulling over a1year deal chase him
Ffs he is washed out by his sell by date ,course he has his pals in media and ex players he used to play with, jobs for the boys me thinks, a disservice to us fans as you say Kelly.Naw for me also

Well his boss at Rapid rated him and Lenny must've thought he was otherwise we wouldn't have signed him Vigo. On the whole I don't think he's done himself any favours but the levels of criticism directed at this guy since his first game have been OTT to say the least.
Shadow... whilst I agree with what you have said to some extent, my personal observation of this guy was gleaned since his first game and has done nothing to change my opinion. He is a poor excuse at our level. He has a lovely smile but in my opinion he should be nowhere near Celtic. If his last boss thought so highly of him, why was he sold at the first time of asking. I wish him no malice but GHTF. Just one man's opinion.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back