Stevie Chalmers - Rest in Peace

I'll share a little something around that time
When I arrived home late, after the Leeds Utd semi final win (my feet never touched the ground for several reasons, huge crowd that night and the euphoria of witnessing a fantastic game) my Mum was still up and with tears in her eyes, she said "You missed out on Lisbon, but you're going to Milan"
God Bless my wee mammy, she never went to a game but she loved the Celtic
We both descended into fits of hugs & joyous tears, teenage boys never smiled (check your old photo's) let alone cried, in those days
Like most families in those days, we didn't have much
My Dad had been injured in an accident at work and was left physically disabled, suffered for 7 years in pain, until they could operate without leaving him in a wheelchair
He didn't really bother with football but liked Celtic because I followed them, money was tight but she had been putting money aside and that's what she gave me for my plane ticket
Will never forget the sacrifices they made (as a lot of parents did, back in the day)
It's too bad that we didn't win in the San Siro, but it's an experience I'll never forget
And now I'm a parent/grandparent myself, I want my kids/grandkids to have experiences that they wouldn't normally have
The Lisbon Lions were our heroes and those who have met them in real life, can attest to just how humble and genuinely down to earth, they all were
Thanks for listening
HH

I'll share a little something around that time
Actually, when I arrived home late, after the Leeds Utd semi final win, (my feet never touched the ground for several reasons, huge croowd that night) my Mum was still up and with tears in her eyes, she said "You missed out on Lisbon, but you're going to Milan"
God Bless my wee mammy, she never went to a game but she loved the Celtic
We both descended into fits of hugs & joyous tears, teenage boys never smiled (check your old photo's) let alone cried, in those days
Like most families in those days, we didn't have much
My Dad had been injured in an accident at work and was left physically disabled, suffered for 7 years in pain, until they could operate without leaving him in a wheelchair
He didn't really bother with football but liked Celtic because I followed them, money was tight but she had been putting money aside and that's what she gave me for my plane ticket
Will never forget the sacrifices they made (as a lot of parents did, back in the day)
It's too bad that we didn't win in the San Siro, but it's an experience I'll never forget
And now I'm a parent/grandparent myself, I want my kids/grandkids to have experiences that they wouldn't normally have
The Lisbon Lions were our heroes and those who have met them in real life, can attest to just how humble and genuinely down to earth, they all were
Thanks for listening
HH
When Sponsors agree and can't get enough of your brand you are doing something right.
Untitled.jpgMAGNERS-LISBON-LIONS-LW021.jpg

Billy & Stevie, it's so sad to see how dementia deteriorates vibrant people
I have lost a couple of friends at an early age, due to this insidious affliction
Our dog Beau, has become a therapy dog and we visit a local care facility
His previous 'Dad' was a successful businessman who was well loved by all who knew him
He was diagnosed with dementia and went into a care home, devastating for the family, they cared for him deeply, but there was nothing anyone could do, sadly he passed away last year
It's heartbreaking going into the dementia ward, as you recognize someone, who only a few weeks before, were so outgoing, happy & very much alive and vibrant, who are now a shell of themselves, the light, has gone out of their eyes and they can only sit and stare off in the distance
Beau, greets everyone the same, his tail never stops wagging and he sits and shakes a paw, for all who ask
It's humbling to see how much joy a dog can give, as we as people, strive to 'succeed' in this game called life
I sincerely hope, none of our loved ones ever have to go through that process
Our thoughts go out to Billy and Stevie's families & close friends
The pic is our boy, getting a cuddle from 'Aunty Mo' originally from Edinburgh
He went straight to her and sat down, must have been her lovely accent ;-)
Best to you all
HH

Attachments

• Beau & Aunty Mo.jpg
    Beau & Aunty Mo.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Billy & Stevie, it's so sad to see how dementia deteriorates vibrant people
I have lost a couple of friends at an early age, due to this insidious affliction
Our dog Beau, has become a therapy dog and we visit a local care facility
His previous 'Dad' was a successful businessman who was well loved by all who knew him
He was diagnosed with dementia and went into a care home, devastating for the family, they cared for him deeply, but there was nothing anyone could do, sadly he passed away last year
It's heartbreaking going into the dementia ward, as you recognize someone, who only a few weeks before, were so outgoing, happy & very much alive and vibrant, who are now a shell of themselves, the lights has gone out of their eyes and can only sit and stare off in the distance
Beau, greets everyone the same, his tail never stops wagging and he sits and shakes a paw, for all who ask
It's humbling to see how much joy a dog can give, as we as people, strive to 'succeed' in this game called life
I sincerely hope, none of our loved ones ever have to go through that process
Our thoughts go out to Billy and Stevie's families & close friends
The pic is our boy getting a cuddle from 'Aunty Mo' originally from Edinburgh
He went straight to her and sat down, must have been he lovely accent ;-)
Best to you all
HH
brilliant DILLIGAF, give Beau a pawshake from me Hail Hail

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back