Stevie Clarke's Scotland

UEFA said Hendry was offside - he wasn't.

20231013_001651.jpg

The ref indicated a foul - if it was offside then his arm would be straight up.

20231013_001840.jpg

This was the "foul" that VAR & the ref gave to disallow a perfectly valid goal against one of UEFA's top/richest countries.

How do I get the feeling the ref will be a fair bit richer after tonight's match, and rewarded by UEFA for doing their dirty work? It is either shear and utter incompetence or else corruption from the highest level. So this was a foul but McGinn being wiped out wasn't? It is a sick joke.

The refs these days are no better than the WWE refs with their bizarre decision making.

UEFA said Hendry was offside - he wasn't.

View attachment 24089

The ref indicated a foul - if it was offside then his arm would be straight up.

View attachment 24090

This was the "foul" that VAR & the ref gave to disallow a perfectly valid goal against one of UEFA's top/richest countries.

How do I get the feeling the ref will be a fair bit richer after tonight's match, and rewarded by UEFA for doing their dirty work? It is either shear and utter incompetence or else corruption from the highest level. So this was a foul but McGinn being wiped out wasn't? It is a sick joke.

The refs these days are no better than the WWE refs with their bizarre decision making.
At the time I thought it must have been for offside cos there’s no foul.
But if you watch the tv replay from behind ball, there’s 2 Spanish players with 2 arms round the front of Scottish players. If Hendry fouled, we should have had 2 penalties beforehand.
IMO offside was arrived at to cover a shocking decision.
The cunt was nuts, not to give a foul to Mcginn first half then to book dykes

At the time I thought it must have been for offside cos there’s no foul.
But if you watch the tv replay from behind ball, there’s 2 Spanish players with 2 arms round the front of Scottish players. If Hendry fouled, we should have had 2 penalties beforehand.
IMO offside was arrived at to cover a shocking decision.
The cunt was nuts, not to give a foul to Mcginn first half then to book dykes

The Dykes booking was a joke. The McGinn non-foul was a joke....and did you see the Patterson one!!! The little Spanish hobbit knocks the ball past him. Patterson puts his hand up as he runs along side the hobbit and the hobbit falls to the floor when he realises he's not getting to ball. It shouldn't have been a foul....but its given. We move on...then the thought process kicks in, in the MIBs head.

"That wee hobbit is fast. There's half an hour to play...I can give him a better advantage against the scottish RB here"

About a minute after he's awarded the foul to the Spanish hobbit, and we are all shouting that's never a fucking foul in the first place, he calls Patterson over and books him!!!!!

The Dykes booking was a joke. The McGinn non-foul was a joke....and did you see the Patterson one!!! The little Spanish hobbit knocks the ball past him. Patterson puts his hand up as he runs along side the hobbit and the hobbit falls to the floor when he realises he's not getting to ball. It shouldn't have been a foul....but its given. We move on...then the thought process kicks in, in the MIBs head.

"That wee hobbit is fast. There's half an hour to play...I can give him a better advantage against the scottish RB here"

About a minute after he's awarded the foul to the Spanish hobbit, and we are all shouting that's never a fucking foul in the first place, he calls Patterson over and books him!!!!!
On the dykes booking and Paterson booking the big Spanish poof morata has a moan at the ref then they get booked,the mcginn interview was telling??a hope norway fuck them oot the park,we can take care of Georgia,or cypress..

These Uefa/Fifa refs and officials have been doing this shit for an eternity.
How many on here think we ever get a fair crack in any European game.
Not only are we up against the quality of the rich clubs/countries players but even when we punch above our weight we quickly get put in our place by the corrupt officialdom.

You only have to look at our first two champions league games to see what we are up against.
The Lagerbielke sending off is a joke
I'm also convinced if Lazio scored that goal we did it would have stood.
That decision last night should be treated exactly like the recent Liverpool VAR fiasco but it won't its only a wee Diddy country like Scotland.

These Uefa/Fifa refs and officials have been doing this shit for an eternity.
How many on here think we ever get a fair crack in any European game.
Not only are we up against the quality of the rich clubs/countries players but even when we punch above our weight we quickly get put in our place by the corrupt officialdom.

You only have to look at our first two champions league games to see what we are up against.
The Lagerbielke sending off is a joke
I'm also convinced if Lazio scored that goal we did it would have stood.
That decision last night should be treated exactly like the recent Liverpool VAR fiasco but it won't its only a wee Diddy country like Scotland.
Exactly. The penalty and 2nd yellow against Lager was diabolical - I was in O'Neils near Chinatown in London watching surrounded by Dutch fans, a couple of Tims, a sevco fan and lots of neutrals. Every single person was convinced that VAR would decide it was no foul but it was given!

Then the Lazio forearm smashes our player in the face after missing with his initial elbow. It restarts with a free kick to them and VAR ignored it completely.

UEFA are scared shitless of the big powerful richest countries, so pander to England, Italy, Spain, Germany & France. It is pathetic.

Exactly. The penalty and 2nd yellow against Lager was diabolical - I was in O'Neils near Chinatown in London watching surrounded by Dutch fans, a couple of Tims, a sevco fan and lots of neutrals. Every single person was convinced that VAR would decide it was no foul but it was given!

Then the Lazio forearm smashes our player in the face after missing with his initial elbow. It restarts with a free kick to them and VAR ignored it completely.

UEFA are scared shitless of the big powerful richest countries, so pander to England, Italy, Spain, Germany & France. It is pathetic.
Until we do a “Klop” it will continue to happen, FFS someone grow a set and call it out😡

Var is worse than bent refs imo.

Doesnt seem to be solving the problems yet it costs a small fortune and its less transparent than the secret societies that appear to be controlling the decisions that are wrong too often imo.

Surely the decisions should be public domain in real time.

Var is worse than bent refs imo.

Doesnt seem to be solving the problems yet it costs a small fortune and its less transparent than the secret societies that appear to be controlling the decisions that are wrong too often imo.

Surely the decisions should be public domain in real time.
If the woman's game ( wc) and rugby can do it then it can only mean the Masons aren't happy with their power being taken away.
If the ref is called over to the sideline to rewatch a sequence then we the supporters should also get to see that.
Instead we get " VAR! Checking for offside, checking for foul in build-up, checking for anything that can benefit Celtic's opponents "

Followed by " VAR ! no penalty , no foul no nothing to Celtic bar a stretcher, and a penalty to rangers"

"But ref! It's just a throw in "
- and? Since when that stop anything before? Penhunty to rangers , straight red card for questioning the deciscion , banned for 3 seasons, 6 point deduction

If the goal was offside why no linesman flag he’s got a clear view!!!like someone else said earlier Spain had to win!!if we took a point then Norway beat them they were oot on there shiter…
Aye canny have that, Italy? So.
England, Germany, France and Spain not at the Euros?
Not on your life , or mine, Aye that's sounds better notvon my life are SssssPain not qualifying, they'd be the first time qualify with 1point from 18 cos all the other nations breached rules, wouldn't surprise me

If Norway fail to beat Spain on Sunday Scotland will qualify.
As Clarke rightly pointed out, it is not us relying on Spain doing us a favour to allow us to qualify - it is only because of Scotland's incredile results and performances in the first 5 games (ignore getting shafted in Spain - this was a free hit for us).

Just imagine in Scotland had a striker anything approaching the talent of Haaland? Then we'd really shake them up in European football and could be looking at a quarter finalist in the Euros.

Our current strikers really entirely on hard graft which is all you can ask of them. If we had someone with the finishing of a McCoist, McAvennie, MoJudas, Charlie Nick, then we'd be a very dangerous opponent.

Last edited:
Back