Stevie Woods

Lmcbhoy

This season has seen the coaching staff at Celtic get a pretty hard time. Stevie Woods the goalkeeping coach seems to be the exception. But, should he be?
There have been many debates on what has caused this squad to apparently disintegrate after 12 trophies in a row but the goal keeping problem in my view is the one that impacts the most. Defenders don’t know whether to stick or twist, is the keeper coming out or not and this fragility seeps through the team.
I have always thought that Stevie Woods does a great job but perhaps this season he should take a share of the criticism.
As an aside you would hope that he had some input into the Barkas purchase and he sees something in the Greek internationalist that has yet to be delivered on the pitch.
Anyway just my random thoughts, but please let us have a solid keeper for next season, cos there ain’t one this, not even between the three of them.
HH

Think the main problem was we put all our eggs in the one basket thinking we were keeping Foster and made the stupid mistakeof letting Gordon go

So left us wide open with no first team goalie and a 3rd choice with not many games under his belt ,throw in Barkas who didn't have anytime to settle, a defence that kept changing at every game and everything went tits up really quick

I wouldn't put much blame on woods i would look at the other 3 in the dugout

This season has seen the coaching staff at Celtic get a pretty hard time. Stevie Woods the goalkeeping coach seems to be the exception. But, should he be?
There have been many debates on what has caused this squad to apparently disintegrate after 12 trophies in a row but the goal keeping problem in my view is the one that impacts the most. Defenders don’t know whether to stick or twist, is the keeper coming out or not and this fragility seeps through the team.
I have always thought that Stevie Woods does a great job but perhaps this season he should take a share of the criticism.
As an aside you would hope that he had some input into the Barkas purchase and he sees something in the Greek internationalist that has yet to be delivered on the pitch.
Anyway just my random thoughts, but please let us have a solid keeper for next season, cos there ain’t one this, not even between the three of them.
HH
Hes only a coach but not a scout is he?? If so he can only work with wits there

Think the main problem was we put all our eggs in the one basket thinking we were keeping Foster and made the stupid mistakeof letting Gordon go

So left us wide open with no first team goalie and a 3rd choice with not many games under his belt ,throw in Barkas who didn't have anytime to settle, a defence that kept changing at every game and everything went tits up really quick

I wouldn't put much blame on woods i would look at the other 3 in the dugout
You're right. I think the defence in front of our goalies is the big problem, although Barkas - who I don't think has settled in here yet - is a downgrade on Forster and Gordon.

You're right. I think the defence in front of our goalies is the big problem, although Barkas - who I don't think has settled in here yet - is a downgrade on Forster and Gordon.
I think he'll be off just don't see him making any impact your right about him being a downgrade on Gordon ,of all the stupid things to do we let a keeper for the sake a few hundred k

Members online

Latest posts

Back