Strachan

Where do you get 9 months, the papers ?
Gary seems to me you've got the horn for criticising our current CEO/Manager

Dom/Ange - Their first appointment stated and i'm paraphrasing 'No DOF appointment imminent, we need to take tim to look at what would be a World Class structure and make appointments that suit that structure'

Recently Ange stated 'they are all important things but our focus is on getting players in and when the window shuts, we'll make it a priority'

Now i know your our roving reporter on transfers so you must have read that or saw it

If you have then where does all of this come from ? They've laid out their plans and your criticising them. Would you rather less players in the door but a DOF ?
Where have I criticised the CEO or Manager? Its the board I have criticised and will continue to do so as long as I think its deserved.
I would take Ange's comment as a dig at the board over the length of time its taking to get players in. He was also quite clear that McKay was doing everything in his power to get players in. I took that as the board are holding up the signing off on transfers.
Strachan will have nothing to do with the first team, recruitment or anything else that will affect Ange and the first team in the short term. He will be helping McKay in other areas as per the Celtic statement.

Where have I criticised the CEO or Manager? Its the board I have criticised and will continue to do so as long as I think its deserved.
I would take Ange's comment as a dig at the board over the length of time its taking to get players in. He was also quite clear that McKay was doing everything in his power to get players in. I took that as the board are holding up the signing off on transfers.
Strachan will have nothing to do with the first team, recruitment or anything else that will affect Ange and the first team in the short term. He will be helping McKay in other areas as per the Celtic statement.
You are indirectly criticising them
In fairness to you, i get your points.
But we're all criticising the Board and want them to fuck.
Seems to me the Board and are letting Dom/Ange get on with it.
They can't do everything at once.

So what i am saying is they're focused on the things that matter to us NOW
and will get to that LATER

So posting criticism of not having a DOF flies in the face of what we would rather which is a non-board appointment. The Board has had 20 years to appoint a DOF and haven't. These guys have had 5 weeks in the job. So what do you want ? A board appointment or an ANGE/DOM appointment.

Ange expected to bring in his own staff after this window closes,
what happens to the present team is anybody,s guess,but will we care about
what happens to them ???

HH
without watching the video GS
i don't give a fuck, we want freedom for our managers to choose so by rights
if he wants to keep the two ronnies and strachan etc who gives a flying fuck
he stated in his first interview he doesnt come with an entourage and prefers to work with the taff within, PROVIDING that they marry in with his thoughts
So you cant blame them for his decisions

Ange expected to bring in his own staff after this window closes,
what happens to the present team is anybody,s guess,but will we care about
what happens to them ???

HH
Is that true GS!!!!!!..........Maybe I am wrong....but I think gettin Ange in, and giving him the 'O'neill type of backing' is going to plan....We are all happy, we know the team is going to be good this season....great exciting players....great exciting times ahead......I reckon the board have gave Ange the go ahead...whatever it takes situation.....and the board got it wrong going for Howe...and Ange knew that .....when they came for him......I reckon Ange will be a big presence from now on.....and I don't just mean on the field.....The signings still to come will be his....and only his...to fit into 'his' team.....Exciting times ahead .....

Is that true GS!!!!!!..........Maybe I am wrong....but I think gettin Ange in, and giving him the 'O'neill type of backing' is going to plan....We are all happy, we know the team is going to be good this season....great exciting players....great exciting times ahead......I reckon the board have gave Ange the go ahead...whatever it takes situation.....and the board got it wrong going for Howe...and Ange knew that .....when they came for him......I reckon Ange will be a big presence from now on.....and I don't just mean on the field.....The signings still to come will be his....and only his...to fit into 'his' team.....Exciting times ahead .....
I cant say for sure lennono but the word... might... was never used when talking about brining in his own staff,maybe he wanted to keep Kennedy and Strachan around until he got to know the players,is he picking their brains..???,was he giving them the benefit of the doubt and they have not worked out the way he wanted them to..we wont know mate until his own crew are at Lennoxtown..
One thing for sure is the board are backing him big time,why would they stop him bringing in his own people..??.

HH

We should open a Disgruntled as fuck thread and join it up wi the mad cunts threed add a couple of ffs we only won 6-0 šŸ§µā€˜S and end it wi a fuck the Strachanā€™s at Celtic park spongers thread šŸ§µ
Or we could Chill the fuck down and stop feeding the Wankstain Medja with fallow fallow greetin facedcuntidness. Imo
Deep breathe Celtic actually won on Saturday gies peace

HH šŸ˜±

Interesting point you make there ma man.....You may just be dead right that that's what is happening...

Where do you get 9 months, the papers ?
Gary seems to me you've got the horn for criticising our current CEO/Manager
I wonder why that is?
Dom/Ange - Their first interview stated and i'm paraphrasing 'No DOF appointment imminent, we need to take tim to look at what would be a World Class structure and make appointments that suit that structure'
You're quite correct.
Recently Ange stated 'they are all important things but our focus is on getting players in and when the window shuts, we'll make it a priority'
Correct again.
Now i know your our roving reporter on transfers so you must have read that or saw it
We all seen it so you are on the money once again.
If you have then where does all of this come from ? They've laid out their plans and your criticising them. Would you rather less players in the door but a DOF ?
Fair questions that imo deserve an answer. Criticism without relevant foundation is counter productive and only feeds the SMSM hun agenda as we all know. I'll be interested in any answers forthcoming.

Shankly, Busby, Clough, Revie, Ferguson and McLean ran their respective clubs from top to bottom.

Big Jock himself dominated Celtic Park from top to bottom.

This was in an age where squads where smaller and more compact and where prices weren't so prohibitive to going out and investing in talent from elsewhere.

Nowadays, there are over a hundred players that need oversight at a club like Celtic and if the manager is likely working 14-18 hour days, then he doesn't have the personal capacity and resources to oversee the entire operation.

Our need for instant success also hampers that objective and more now than ever - we need someone who can develop a system that will allow our talented youngsters a roadmap to first-team football without distracting the manager from the priority at hand.

Man City and Chelsea made a huge cash injection into enticing young players into their set-up. It's now starting to pay dividends in their first-team squads, but they even have the luxury of generating revenue if the youngsters aren't deemed suitable and need to be moved on.

That's something that Celtic have failed miserably in in recent years.

I don't know if Strachan is the answer, but he certainly has the credentials. Football is like crack cocaine to men like Strachan. They often pretend to be ambivalent about it, but that's just a front. The game courses through their veins and they just can't kick the habit.

He doesn't have the pressure of facing a hostile media. He doesn't have the pressure of managing temperamental and fragile players. He doesn't have the pressure of providing instant gratification to a hungry support.

He has the time to hone skills, develop plans and improve the skillset a player requires to be a promising youngster into a potential first-team starter.

The biggest issue a wee fella like Tony Ralston is faced with, is that he tries far too hard when he plays because he knows that his position in the team is likely temporary. Every ball has to be a killer. Every tackle has to be worthwhile and every touch has to mean something.

That type of pressure is enormous and he ends up forcing every pass, putting too much into every cross and lunging into pointless tackles. Yet, when he plays instinctively and without the burden, he pops up in the box and cracks in a couple of decent finishes.

The genius of Strachan might be in his ability to temper a wee guy like Tony's enthusiasm and give him the tools to not have to make everything so meaningful. Same for lads like Taylor, Turnbull and Christie.

Admittedly, the aforementioned players will not be under Strachan's purview, but if he can instill the appropriate mindset into the lads who will be, then he will be worth his weight in gold and silverware if he can develop two or three stars of the future.

What have we got to lose?

I'm all for WGS assessing the academy and background workings of the club. Nothing but good has ever come from his association with Celtic imo. My only complaint is that McKay told us this was a non starter. How and why this has changed is something that we are entitled to know. If its a case of WGS changing his mind and then agreeing to the 3 month temp then tell us. I'm for it but it does appear that McKay has been put in place so to speak so if this is not the case we have to know.

I'm all for WGS assessing the academy and background workings of the club. Nothing but good has ever come from his association with Celtic imo. My only complaint is that McKay told us this was a non starter. How and why this has changed is something that we are entitled to know. If its a case of WGS changing his mind and then agreeing to the 3 month temp then tell us. I'm for it but it does appear that McKay has been put in place so to speak so if this is not the case we have to know.

Non starter for DOF?...yes
Non starter for a 3 month consultancy role? No

I seen an interview recently where Ange was asked about the DOF position and he almost bristled at the mere mention. I get the impression he will accept the CEO being above him but doesnt need anyone else in between.
This has got trouble and a clash of personalities written all over it.
Strachan is very opinionated and there is the family element too. If Ange wants to move Gav-i-pad sideways and bring his own man in there will be friction. Fucking terrible idea if you ask me.

I seen an interview recently where Ange was asked about the DOF position and he almost bristled at the mere mention. I get the impression he will accept the CEO being above him but doesnt need anyone else in between.
This has got trouble and a clash of personalities written all over it.
Strachan is very opinionated and there is the family element too. If Ange wants to move Gav-i-pad sideways and bring his own man in there will be friction. Fucking terrible idea if you ask me.

It's not director of football wgs is getting though....he will consult with Ang and the board and help them see what they need throughout the club.Ie, better coaches, scouting,water the pitch more, vending machine contents in the womans changing room, change the brand of tea etc.

Members online

Latest posts

Back