Summer Window Shopping ideas for Celtic, highly recommended

Winning Captains

Administrator
Staff member
I'd also keep Hayes, it's good to have a bit of versatility and Jonny has been dependable enough in a number of positions.

I don't get it with Birger Melling? I think he's a quality player and a no-brainer for left-back, but I would have assumed someone would have came in for him by now and is there an underlying issue there?

Don't know a out the rest of the lads mentioned (I mean I literally don't know), but I guess we need a bit of a clear out too. It's one thing having a big squad, but it's only beneficial if the boys are actually having some kind of impact.

I would really like to see wee Karamoko, Okoflex and one or two others begin to filter through next season. You don't want to blood too many youngsters at one time, but if they can match the impact that Frimpong has had, then bring them on.

I'd also keep Hayes, it's good to have a bit of versatility and Jonny has been dependable enough in a number of positions.

I don't get it with Birger Melling? I think he's a quality player and a no-brainer for left-back, but I would have assumed someone would have came in for him by now and is there an underlying issue there?

Don't know a out the rest of the lads mentioned (I mean I literally don't know), but I guess we need a bit of a clear out too. It's one thing having a big squad, but it's only beneficial if the boys are actually having some kind of impact.

I would really like to see wee Karamoko, Okoflex and one or two others begin to filter through next season. You don't want to blood too many youngsters at one time, but if they can match the impact that Frimpong has had, then bring them on.
Totally agree. Hayes is versatile and most importantly for me he will graft for when we have grind out results against the hammer-throwers we face domestically. I'd take Melling too - I don't think he'd be much of a gamble.

Cut a lot of the deadwood/failed projects and carefully bring through young Dembele, Oko-Flex, etc - they are ready to step up to see if they can indeed cut it. I'd rather be playing super-talented youngsters who are already performing for our development team than bringing in quite so many foreigners who may or may not settle in this country or suit even our style.

Totally agree. Hayes is versatile and most importantly for me he will graft for when we have grind out results against the hammer-throwers we face domestically. I'd take Melling too - I don't think he'd be much of a gamble.

Cut a lot of the deadwood/failed projects and carefully bring through young Dembele, Oko-Flex, etc - they are ready to step up to see if they can indeed cut it. I'd rather be playing super-talented youngsters who are already performing for our development team than bringing in quite so many foreigners who may or may not settle in this country or suit even our style.
This might be the ideal opportunity too, BB. I think it's fair to assume that ALL of our rivals are going to have to offload and reduce costs, so this might be the appropriate time to look at the existing talent and to develop it.

I'm still quite curious about Luca Connell and Lee O'Connor too and young Welsh looked the part against Hamilton. Maybe a couple of lads need a season or two out on loan, but this could be a pivotal time to work hard with existing talent and build a new team for the years to come.

This might be the ideal opportunity too, BB. I think it's fair to assume that ALL of our rivals are going to have to offload and reduce costs, so this might be the appropriate time to look at the existing talent and to develop it.

I'm still quite curious about Luca Connell and Lee O'Connor too and young Welsh looked the part against Hamilton. Maybe a couple of lads need a season or two out on loan, but this could be a pivotal time to work hard with existing talent and build a new team for the years to come.
I think it was a real shame this season. Cos Sevco hung onto our coattails for longer than I thought was possible, every game was a must win so we never really got much opportunity to blood too many youngsters (Frimpong really took his chance).

I think as we were getting ready to win the league early then Lenny would have given a few of these guys a fair bit of game time. Obviously this hasn't happened and I suspect next season will be much less games so maybe not the same opportunities either as we go for 10IAR.

I think it was a real shame this season. Cos Sevco hung onto our coattails for longer than I thought was possible, every game was a must win so we never really got much opportunity to blood too many youngsters (Frimpong really took his chance).

I think as we were getting ready to win the league early then Lenny would have given a few of these guys a fair bit of game time. Obviously this hasn't happened and I suspect next season will be much less games so maybe not the same opportunities either as we go for 10IAR.
Aye, 10 is the priority, but I think there's still a wee bit of scope to add one or two younger lads to the squad.

There's still the likes of Soro and Klimala to consider as well. £6 million is a lot of dough to just be sitting aboot, so hopefully both of these boys will break through at some point too.

Aye, 10 is the priority, but I think there's still a wee bit of scope to add one or two younger lads to the squad.

There's still the likes of Soro and Klimala to consider as well. £6 million is a lot of dough to just be sitting aboot, so hopefully both of these boys will break through at some point too.
Aye, high hopes for both of them, and Shved too as he undoubtedly has the skill it just appears he never settled for whatever reason.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back