Taking a knee

Robbyp

whilst i don't agree to this American 'taking a knee' as a show of respect, i do agree with the message. For me it's a cultural thing. We have our own way of showing support, perhaps head bowed, arm across the chest, even an applause. However if people choose to bend their knees, it really doesn't make much of a difference to me.

I am however concerned that any black player would choose to sign a contract with them in the first place.

Is it only about money? Is the 'bottom line' their justification for taking the Queens shilling? I think it's difficult, nay, impossible to take a moral stance in support of your brothers, whilst happily picking up a pay check from a club and a support who do not give a fuck about the very thing that you are purporting the be against. Indeed they are actively against what you are claiming to support.

Even the most cursory investigation into the history of that reprehensible institution would have shown that they, amongst other, were certainly not welcomed by a large proportion of that support. So they cannot claim ignorance.

They need to consider that any black player, (or Irish player) who signs for them, then their movement loses credibility.

So, i'm afraid that any looking for support from those who chose to represent possibly the most right wing, racist club in Europe is lost to me. Furthermore, i believe it is naked hypocrisy on their part, and they have to understand the damage that this does to their cause is staggering.

Is it money or morality that motivates you? Sadly, i think i know the answer.

They have greivence against any of their players who bless themselves running on to the pitch or if they score,they have at least 5 catholics in their team every week something the old brigade never thought they would see,I think it is very possible for sevco to reach 11Tims before we reach 15 IAR I would not begrudge them that statistic..
Now every black player associated with sevco present and future has the opportunity to show world football..MONEY DOES,NT MATTER..

HH.

whilst i don't agree to this American 'taking a knee' as a show of respect, i do agree with the message. For me it's a cultural thing. We have our own way of showing support, perhaps head bowed, arm across the chest, even an applause. However if people choose to bend their knees, it really doesn't make much of a difference to me.

I am however concerned that any black player would choose to sign a contract with them in the first place.

Is it only about money? Is the 'bottom line' their justification for taking the Queens shilling? I think it's difficult, nay, impossible to take a moral stance in support of your brothers, whilst happily picking up a pay check from a club and a support who do not give a fuck about the very thing that you are purporting the be against. Indeed they are actively against what you are claiming to support.

Even the most cursory investigation into the history of that reprehensible institution would have shown that they, amongst other, were certainly not welcomed by a large proportion of that support. So they cannot claim ignorance.

They need to consider that any black player, (or Irish player) who signs for them, then their movement loses credibility.

So, i'm afraid that any looking for support from those who chose to represent possibly the most right wing, racist club in Europe is lost to me. Furthermore, i believe it is naked hypocrisy on their part, and they have to understand the damage that this does to their cause is staggering.

Good post , Conor Goldson abused by his own today again, they are scum , scum does what scum is , the players for me wont know what they are signing up for , but by fuck they soon find out quickly, so the answer is clear just leave and go to a club where all are welcome

100%

Remember it’s their kulture to abuse everyone, anyone, because “they are the people” anyone who disagree’s (even their own players) are gonna get it, give them enough rope and they’ll hang themselves, the SMSM can cover it up, not report it, or every time they do there’s AWAYS a wee peice At the end mentioning Celtic, ALWAYS playing the “whiaboutery” card, but their actions, and website/Twitter posts are being seen far beyond these shores, the world are waking up to what kind of vile racist people they are, pretty soon they won’t find ANYONE willing to put sponsorship into them, not even 2 guys with a sowing machine and a lockup in Liverpool, the clocks ticking, and their to dumb to hear it...

[/QUOTE]
In defence of Kent one commented on their wee podcasts that Kent reacted because the guy had touched his face with his hands and this was a reaction as players should not touch with covid19 still around.
FFS they are playing football a full contact sport and has not both squads been tested and proven to be negative, what a load of shite they really are the gift that keeps giving.

110319628_732665270906951_6526206627581219664_n.jpg

Hun players are “hurt and disgusted” at the vile abuse by THEIR OWN FANS” for taking a knee at the viloa mop tournament, more-or-less suffered a “vile outburst “ whilst doing a live fan instagram video“ that is now being investigated by the police...looks like the coloured servco players are FINALLY waking up to what they’re gotten themselves into, trotting out the “only a few fans saying these things” excuse, there might be only a few brave enough to post the vile racist stuff online, but they’re ALL THINKING IT, the topic get constantly pulled on the follow, follow site, high time the SMSM (who constantly read the posts on this site) grew a pair and had the BALLS TO CALL THIS STUFF OUT, if you “journalists” reading this don’t do anything about it, your complicit in it, every bit as much a racist as those posting the vile shit 😡 rant over.....

Hun players are “hurt and disgusted” at the vile abuse by THEIR OWN FANS” for taking a knee at the viloa mop tournament, more-or-less suffered a “vile outburst “ whilst doing a live fan instagram video“ that is now being investigated by the police...looks like the coloured servco players are FINALLY waking up to what they’re gotten themselves into, trotting out the “only a few fans saying these things” excuse, there might be only a few brave enough to post the vile racist stuff online, but they’re ALL THINKING IT, the topic get constantly pulled on the follow, follow site, high time the SMSM (who constantly read the posts on this site) grew a pair and had the BALLS TO CALL THIS STUFF OUT, if you “journalists” reading this don’t do anything about it, your complicit in it, every bit as much a racist as those posting the vile shit 😡 rant over.....
most of them post on it

If the players are saying only a few, then why are they not asking the majority shout them down and let them know that their black players are hurting listening to morons condoning racism

If the players are saying only a few, then why are they not asking the majority shout them down and let them know that their black players are hurting listening to morons condoning racism
Lip service?,the friendly between the scum and murderwell might be interesting,it's all well and good taking a knee in France,doing it at the biledome is a different matter, 'everyone,anyone?

We all know its the same small minority 🙈 that sing the banned and bigoted songs every place they go, I mean 30,000 people out of 500 million is a small minority obviously.

On the TV news tonight the CEO of Sevco , Stewart Robertson , has condemned Sevco supporters' racist attitude to the 'take the knee ' controversy .
He has stated that anyone ( Everyone ? ) who protests about BLM support shown by the players is ''not welcome at Ibrox ! ''
Will he take the same hard line and condemn Anyone - Everyone at Ibrox who engages in anti-Catholic/Irish sentiment ?

HH

If you want to see how divided the huns are over BLM , read this ..https://www.followfollow.com/forum/threads/rangers-statement-stewart-robertson-on-racial-abuse-of-alfredo-and-supporting-players-taking-the-knee.127656/page-9

Back