The bad old days.

Lubos left peg

Going on a bit of a ramble here. In the knowledge some of you will put me in my place 🤣
We've just won the league again. Won a world record 8th treble, 5 of them the last 10 years. We are witnessing the most successful time in Celtic's history....so I guess calling it the bad old days is a bit much.
My concern is, under Lawwell, we always seem to react to situations instead of getting ahead of them. Whether that be not making signings for the champions league qualifiers, instead, waiting to see how we do with Bitton at CB and if we fail then just sell our best player, at the time, or waiting to see how Sevco are doing before we decide what calibre of manager or players we bring in.
That all changed when Lawwell left the building and AP signed as manager. We were signing world class players before guys had left the club. We had players in the door before the transfer window haf even opened. The last 2 seasons have been the best seasons in my lifetime of seeing how Celtic, the business and Celtic the football club, can work in perfect harmony.
But now I worry that with Pete being back, we are going back to the "bad old days". The news that he was in Istanbul last night fills me with dread that we are going to appoint a rookie manager, who's only experience is working for Pep and failing at Parma. Another from the City Link conveyer belt making his way to Glasgow.
If he does sign, I'd be surprised if Lawwell and the board gave him authority over the signings that are made. Are we going to go back to days of loaning players from his mate Pep at City?
The next manager is going to take over, probably the most valuable Celtic team in history. Are we going to lose Jota, Hatate, and CCV for millions upon millions to see them replaced by loan City youth players?? That's my fear.
Yes, under a rookie, we will probably win silverware. Lennon did it. But this squad was on the cusp of possibly doing something great in Europe. Will Lawwell and the board rip it apart? Do they really want us to leave Sevco, their business partners, for dead.
I've always had the opinion that lawwell and the board wanted to stay just ahead of Sevco. They can't sell the "old firm" brand as a rivalry if its to easy for us.
So with Sevco building a squad from the bargain bucket...have the Celtic board decided to slam their foot on the breaks??
Exactly like we did when Rangers died and their Zombie twin started at the bottom.
Ramble done 🤣🤣🤣
Go easy on me please!!

Going on a bit of a ramble here. In the knowledge some of you will put me in my place 🤣
We've just won the league again. Won a world record 8th treble, 5 of them the last 10 years. We are witnessing the most successful time in Celtic's history....so I guess calling it the bad old days is a bit much.
My concern is, under Lawwell, we always seem to react to situations instead of getting ahead of them. Whether that be not making signings for the champions league qualifiers, instead, waiting to see how we do with Bitton at CB and if we fail then just sell our best player, at the time, or waiting to see how Sevco are doing before we decide what calibre of manager or players we bring in.
That all changed when Lawwell left the building and AP signed as manager. We were signing world class players before guys had left the club. We had players in the door before the transfer window haf even opened. The last 2 seasons have been the best seasons in my lifetime of seeing how Celtic, the business and Celtic the football club, can work in perfect harmony.
But now I worry that with Pete being back, we are going back to the "bad old days". The news that he was in Istanbul last night fills me with dread that we are going to appoint a rookie manager, who's only experience is working for Pep and failing at Parma. Another from the City Link conveyer belt making his way to Glasgow.
If he does sign, I'd be surprised if Lawwell and the board gave him authority over the signings that are made. Are we going to go back to days of loaning players from his mate Pep at City?
The next manager is going to take over, probably the most valuable Celtic team in history. Are we going to lose Jota, Hatate, and CCV for millions upon millions to see them replaced by loan City youth players?? That's my fear.
Yes, under a rookie, we will probably win silverware. Lennon did it. But this squad was on the cusp of possibly doing something great in Europe. Will Lawwell and the board rip it apart? Do they really want us to leave Sevco, their business partners, for dead.
I've always had the opinion that lawwell and the board wanted to stay just ahead of Sevco. They can't sell the "old firm" brand as a rivalry if its to easy for us.
So with Sevco building a squad from the bargain bucket...have the Celtic board decided to slam their foot on the breaks??
Exactly like we did when Rangers died and their Zombie twin started at the bottom.
Ramble done 🤣🤣🤣
Go easy on me please!!
Fuckin hell lubo you've turned into winter....
Seriously though you're mind is running fuckin mad. You're overthinking the situation. I would wait to see who we're presented with as our new manager before I would let the mind go mad on me.
No doubt our supreme leader was only enjoying the final and a much deserved holiday as he's busting his balls on a daily basis for the like of you and me.
I might actually start an "in Pete we trust" thread!

Ramble done 🤣🤣🤣
Go easy on me please!!
They tried to sign flange on a long term deal lubo
That itself was a sign of intent.
I get the notion though especially where lawwell is concerned
Right now we have direct entry to CL group stages if we win the league
Thats their key objective especially when you consider the number of games will increase shortly
So I expect them to ensure we stay a step ahead of the buns

They tried to sign flange on a long term deal lubo
That itself was a sign of intent.
I get the notion though especially where lawwell is concerned
Right now we have direct entry to CL group stages if we win the league
Thats their key objective especially when you consider the number of games will increase shortly
So I expect them to ensure we stay a step ahead of the buns

The concern is they only want to stay a step ahead of the huns. I want to see us leave them for dead!! A small blip in our rear view mirror.

Fuckin hell lubo you've turned into winter....
Seriously though you're mind is running fuckin mad. You're overthinking the situation. I would wait to see who we're presented with as our new manager before I would let the mind go mad on me.
No doubt our supreme leader was only enjoying the final and a much deserved holiday as he's busting his balls on a daily basis for the like of you and me.
I might actually start an "in Pete we trust" thread!

Bring back Brendan!! 🤣🤣

Ramble done 🤣🤣🤣
Go easy on me please!!
Your absolutely right to be concerned lubo. Just about everyone I've spoken to are concerned also.lawell does indeed have past form for tightening the purse strings at a time when we should have kept our boot on their throat and pushed that bit harder. Pretty sure we could have buried the fkers again if we so wished . Pity the board weren't on the same page as the fans . I'm obviously hoping to be proved wrong here and we get a quality experienced manager in but like your good self,I've got my doubts HH

Ramble done 🤣🤣🤣
Go easy on me please!!
Been pishing myself laughing at the City Link reference Lubo.... Good bus company but dont know that we are after any of their drivers 😂😂😂😂

Sorry mate I had to 😂😂😂

Ramble done 🤣🤣🤣
Go easy on me please!!
I understand that Peter was there on European duty and nothing to do with Celtic - nice work if you can get it.

The method employed under Lawell has seen this unprecedented success on pitch.

Cash in bank
player trading model within wage structures that are sustainable.

imo

better players require bigger wages normally
retaining players who are performing well requires larger wages usually
larger wages creates hidden draining of resources

the fine line between sustainability in books with ever increasing strength on pitch is very difficult to acheive, even more so when other clubs in europe get massive tv deals and unsustainable debt burdens that seem to grow every year with ffp not really doing its job.

I dont like Lawell
But his plan has allowed Celtic to dominate game in Scotland

take Rangers as example they did the dodgy dealing approach to their demise.
sevco are still doing it imo and it doesnt guarantee success

Lawell approach doesnt guarantee anything either.

Problem isnt Lawell system imo

its the bottle neck in the income available to Celtic despite unprecedented success.

Rodgers took our club in the wrong direction imo with his ever increasing wage model short term success long term problems

did same at leicester

hard bit is finding someone who can attract gem players on wages we can afford.

they are obviously there, Ange did it. im sure there must be others equally able.

As much as i detest Lawell face and sleekit silence he has been big part in Celtic dominance.

Better option?

no idea.

I already losing interest in football in recent years due to the FFP

Inter bankrupt and dodgy as feck with chinese weirdness running their gig
Man city financially doped and owned by wealth off the radar but still scamming

to compete with these so called elite teams you need to be able to pay the wages the scamming clubs pay

Scottish football is gradually getting lower into non league territory, finding guys who can compete and excel on wages we can afford and sustain is getting harder imo

The method employed under Lawell has seen this unprecedented success on pitch.

Cash in bank
player trading model within wage structures that are sustainable.

imo

better players require bigger wages normally
retaining players who are performing well requires larger wages usually
larger wages creates hidden draining of resources

the fine line between sustainability in books with ever increasing strength on pitch is very difficult to acheive, even more so when other clubs in europe get massive tv deals and unsustainable debt burdens that seem to grow every year with ffp not really doing its job.

I dont like Lawell
But his plan has allowed Celtic to dominate game in Scotland

take Rangers as example they did the dodgy dealing approach to their demise.
sevco are still doing it imo and it doesnt guarantee success

Lawell approach doesnt guarantee anything either.

Problem isnt Lawell system imo

its the bottle neck in the income available to Celtic despite unprecedented success.

Rodgers took our club in the wrong direction imo with his ever increasing wage model short term success long term problems

did same at leicester

hard bit is finding someone who can attract gem players on wages we can afford.

they are obviously there, Ange did it. im sure there must be others equally able.

As much as i detest Lawell face and sleekit silence he has been big part in Celtic dominance.

Better option?

no idea.

I already losing interest in football in recent years due to the FFP

Inter bankrupt and dodgy as feck with chinese weirdness running their gig
Man city financially doped and owned by wealth off the radar but still scamming

to compete with these so called elite teams you need to be able to pay the wages the scamming clubs pay

Scottish football is gradually getting lower into non league territory, finding guys who can compete and excel on wages we can afford and sustain is getting harder imo
Good to see you back TET ...

I hope you are keeping well TET? Good to see you back.
Still mentally defective. I did manage to lose 3 stone last 4 months but my diabetes still rampant, little more active but blood sugars and depression sleep problems are constant challenge. lmao

due for my nurse check this week to see if i need diabetic injections to reduce the sugar levels. My mother got cancer of pancreas soon after getting diabetic injections so i tried the ultra diet approach in hope i can stave off getting the injections. Apart from the hassles of self injecting I correlate injections with getting even more ill, since my mothers health declined rapidly after needing the needles. Self inflicted long term damage through booze and over eating shit for years. So i only have myself to blame.

But depression and sleep problems with pituitary malfunction seem to send me into long periods of not trying at life. Have a little more motivation these days. Sad it took so long

lmao

Members online

Latest posts

Back