The bad old days.

Still mentally defective. I did manage to lose 3 stone last 4 months but my diabetes still rampant, little more active but blood sugars and depression sleep problems are constant challenge. lmao

due for my nurse check this week to see if i need diabetic injections to reduce the sugar levels. My mother got cancer of pancreas soon after getting diabetic injections so i tried the ultra diet approach in hope i can stave off getting the injections. Apart from the hassles of self injecting I correlate injections with getting even more ill, since my mothers health declined rapidly after needing the needles. Self inflicted long term damage through booze and over eating shit for years. So i only have myself to blame.

But depression and sleep problems with pituitary malfunction seem to send me into long periods of not trying at life. Have a little more motivation these days. Sad it took so long

lmao
good to see you back TET

Still mentally defective. I did manage to lose 3 stone last 4 months but my diabetes still rampant, little more active but blood sugars and depression sleep problems are constant challenge. lmao

due for my nurse check this week to see if i need diabetic injections to reduce the sugar levels. My mother got cancer of pancreas soon after getting diabetic injections so i tried the ultra diet approach in hope i can stave off getting the injections. Apart from the hassles of self injecting I correlate injections with getting even more ill, since my mothers health declined rapidly after needing the needles. Self inflicted long term damage through booze and over eating shit for years. So i only have myself to blame.

But depression and sleep problems with pituitary malfunction seem to send me into long periods of not trying at life. Have a little more motivation these days. Sad it took so long

lmao
Aye but your on the right road now m8
That’s a start
Don’t look back when you’ve got life in front of you

Going on a bit of a ramble here. In the knowledge some of you will put me in my place 🤣
We've just won the league again. Won a world record 8th treble, 5 of them the last 10 years. We are witnessing the most successful time in Celtic's history....so I guess calling it the bad old days is a bit much.
My concern is, under Lawwell, we always seem to react to situations instead of getting ahead of them. Whether that be not making signings for the champions league qualifiers, instead, waiting to see how we do with Bitton at CB and if we fail then just sell our best player, at the time, or waiting to see how Sevco are doing before we decide what calibre of manager or players we bring in.
That all changed when Lawwell left the building and AP signed as manager. We were signing world class players before guys had left the club. We had players in the door before the transfer window haf even opened. The last 2 seasons have been the best seasons in my lifetime of seeing how Celtic, the business and Celtic the football club, can work in perfect harmony.
But now I worry that with Pete being back, we are going back to the "bad old days". The news that he was in Istanbul last night fills me with dread that we are going to appoint a rookie manager, who's only experience is working for Pep and failing at Parma. Another from the City Link conveyer belt making his way to Glasgow.
If he does sign, I'd be surprised if Lawwell and the board gave him authority over the signings that are made. Are we going to go back to days of loaning players from his mate Pep at City?
The next manager is going to take over, probably the most valuable Celtic team in history. Are we going to lose Jota, Hatate, and CCV for millions upon millions to see them replaced by loan City youth players?? That's my fear.
Yes, under a rookie, we will probably win silverware. Lennon did it. But this squad was on the cusp of possibly doing something great in Europe. Will Lawwell and the board rip it apart? Do they really want us to leave Sevco, their business partners, for dead.
I've always had the opinion that lawwell and the board wanted to stay just ahead of Sevco. They can't sell the "old firm" brand as a rivalry if its to easy for us.
So with Sevco building a squad from the bargain bucket...have the Celtic board decided to slam their foot on the breaks??
Exactly like we did when Rangers died and their Zombie twin started at the bottom.
Ramble done 🤣🤣🤣
Go easy on me please!!
Much to chew over in your post Lubo: I agree with some of it, and, only being honest with myself, think in some respects it's a bit harsh. I get what you say about PL letting us down towards the end of his tenure at the club. Of course, I also acknowledge the fact that many of you think he never actually left. I have no trouble, though, in saying that for most of his time, I feel he actually did a more than decent job.

However, I also agree with you when you say, ultimately, he showed a lack of ambition. We are all too aware that there were periods when he could have pushed the boat out, even just a tad, in order to help us retain our place at the top of Scottish football. That's beyond debate.

I really don't believe he's come back with some cunning plan to stop us in our tracks, though.

The next week or so will give us a clearer idea of the club's ambition. As for any manager coming in and not having full control over playing/signing matters, well, I just don't see that happening either. That most definitely WOULD be a step backwards. Again, though, we have to acknowledge the fact that we play in a very underfunded league; the budget will have its limit.

As for the signings the last guy brought to the club, ( I'm struggling to recall his name ) yes, for the most part they have all contributed to the amazing success of the last couple of seasons. They are, again for the most part, very good players. World Class, though ? With total respect, I'm not seeing that.

lmao
You are starting on the right path though TET, so that is a good start. Eating more healthy and trying to be more active (maybe not so easy for you) is a good beginning and losing that weight proves it.

Getting the diabetes under control is important though as it will be causing lots of other issues. You have to test your blood regularly and take the injections when necessary - if you are Type 1 then your body needs them. The insulin injections were not responsible for your Mother's illness so try to separate that it your mind - the last thing she would have wanted was for this to affect your health.

Just keep trying your best and follow the advice. It will be a long tough journey but it will be worth it when you are healthy enough to be at Paradise to watch Scott Brown manage us to 10 in a row!

Take care. YNWA 🍀

lmao
Good to see you back, TT. Hope things continue to pick up for you.

Going on a bit of a ramble here. In the knowledge some of you will put me in my place 🤣
We've just won the league again. Won a world record 8th treble, 5 of them the last 10 years. We are witnessing the most successful time in Celtic's history....so I guess calling it the bad old days is a bit much.
My concern is, under Lawwell, we always seem to react to situations instead of getting ahead of them. Whether that be not making signings for the champions league qualifiers, instead, waiting to see how we do with Bitton at CB and if we fail then just sell our best player, at the time, or waiting to see how Sevco are doing before we decide what calibre of manager or players we bring in.
That all changed when Lawwell left the building and AP signed as manager. We were signing world class players before guys had left the club. We had players in the door before the transfer window haf even opened. The last 2 seasons have been the best seasons in my lifetime of seeing how Celtic, the business and Celtic the football club, can work in perfect harmony.
But now I worry that with Pete being back, we are going back to the "bad old days". The news that he was in Istanbul last night fills me with dread that we are going to appoint a rookie manager, who's only experience is working for Pep and failing at Parma. Another from the City Link conveyer belt making his way to Glasgow.
If he does sign, I'd be surprised if Lawwell and the board gave him authority over the signings that are made. Are we going to go back to days of loaning players from his mate Pep at City?
The next manager is going to take over, probably the most valuable Celtic team in history. Are we going to lose Jota, Hatate, and CCV for millions upon millions to see them replaced by loan City youth players?? That's my fear.
Yes, under a rookie, we will probably win silverware. Lennon did it. But this squad was on the cusp of possibly doing something great in Europe. Will Lawwell and the board rip it apart? Do they really want us to leave Sevco, their business partners, for dead.
I've always had the opinion that lawwell and the board wanted to stay just ahead of Sevco. They can't sell the "old firm" brand as a rivalry if its to easy for us.
So with Sevco building a squad from the bargain bucket...have the Celtic board decided to slam their foot on the breaks??
Exactly like we did when Rangers died and their Zombie twin started at the bottom.
Ramble done 🤣🤣🤣
Go easy on me please!!
understand your fear and you make a point. I think it's too early to press the panic button, however. Let us get a manager in the door first and remember pretty much nobody knew Ange before he turned up. The next manager will inherit a great squad with a "we never stop" attitude. My glass (at this particular time) is half full.

Welcome back TET and sorry to hear about you having COVID Docco. I've had it twice and it kicked the shit out of me.

My world class comment, Frank, meant more along the lines of guys who are internationalist, who have performed well on the world stage as apposed to comparing them to the likes of Mbappe and the De Bruynes of the world. That's what i meant by that comment.

The method employed under Lawell has seen this unprecedented success on pitch.

Cash in bank
player trading model within wage structures that are sustainable.

imo

better players require bigger wages normally
retaining players who are performing well requires larger wages usually
larger wages creates hidden draining of resources

the fine line between sustainability in books with ever increasing strength on pitch is very difficult to acheive, even more so when other clubs in europe get massive tv deals and unsustainable debt burdens that seem to grow every year with ffp not really doing its job.

I dont like Lawell
But his plan has allowed Celtic to dominate game in Scotland

take Rangers as example they did the dodgy dealing approach to their demise.
sevco are still doing it imo and it doesnt guarantee success

Lawell approach doesnt guarantee anything either.

Problem isnt Lawell system imo

its the bottle neck in the income available to Celtic despite unprecedented success.

Rodgers took our club in the wrong direction imo with his ever increasing wage model short term success long term problems

did same at leicester

hard bit is finding someone who can attract gem players on wages we can afford.

they are obviously there, Ange did it. im sure there must be others equally able.

As much as i detest Lawell face and sleekit silence he has been big part in Celtic dominance.

Better option?

no idea.

I already losing interest in football in recent years due to the FFP

Inter bankrupt and dodgy as feck with chinese weirdness running their gig
Man city financially doped and owned by wealth off the radar but still scamming

to compete with these so called elite teams you need to be able to pay the wages the scamming clubs pay

Scottish football is gradually getting lower into non league territory, finding guys who can compete and excel on wages we can afford and sustain is getting harder imo
Nice to hear you back Tam.

Much to chew over in your post Lubo: I agree with some of it, and, only being honest with myself, think in some respects it's a bit harsh. I get what you say about PL letting us down towards the end of his tenure at the club. Of course, I also acknowledge the fact that many of you think he never actually left. I have no trouble, though, in saying that for most of his time, I feel he actually did a more than decent job.

However, I also agree with you when you say, ultimately, he showed a lack of ambition. We are all too aware that there were periods when he could have pushed the boat out, even just a tad, in order to help us retain our place at the top of Scottish football. That's beyond debate.

I really don't believe he's come back with some cunning plan to stop us in our tracks, though.

The next week or so will give us a clearer idea of the club's ambition. As for any manager coming in and not having full control over playing/signing matters, well, I just don't see that happening either. That most definitely WOULD be a step backwards. Again, though, we have to acknowledge the fact that we play in a very underfunded league; the budget will have its limit.

As for the signings the last guy brought to the club, ( I'm struggling to recall his name ) yes, for the most part they have all contributed to the amazing success of the last couple of seasons. They are, again for the most part, very good players. World Class, though ? With total respect, I'm not seeing that.
Bang on in my opinion Frank.
We have had great success these last 2 seasons. But I think the groundwork has been laid for what could be a remarkable team. We have a young dynamic team but they are nowhere near world class yet. With the right man and improvement, we have a lot to look forward to.
My fear is either the wrong man or the team is sold off

Bang on in my opinion Frank.
We have had great success these last 2 seasons. But I think the groundwork has been laid for what could be a remarkable team. We have a young dynamic team but they are nowhere near world class yet. With the right man and improvement, we have a lot to look forward to.
My fear is either the wrong man or the team is sold off

Or both!! 😬😬

Ramble done 🤣🤣🤣
Go easy on me please!!
Nope not going easy on ya 👏👏👏
Well said Lubo anytime pishedoot Pete gets involved in team matters like he previously has.
We as a club tend to go backwards
And I’ve a bad feeling we’re about to enter another downturn. It seems we win then our board panic that the zombs will die again. Me let them DIE
Well done Lubo 👏👏👏

HH 👏

The method employed under Lawell has seen this unprecedented success on pitch.

Cash in bank
player trading model within wage structures that are sustainable.

imo

better players require bigger wages normally
retaining players who are performing well requires larger wages usually
larger wages creates hidden draining of resources

the fine line between sustainability in books with ever increasing strength on pitch is very difficult to acheive, even more so when other clubs in europe get massive tv deals and unsustainable debt burdens that seem to grow every year with ffp not really doing its job.

I dont like Lawell
But his plan has allowed Celtic to dominate game in Scotland

take Rangers as example they did the dodgy dealing approach to their demise.
sevco are still doing it imo and it doesnt guarantee success

Lawell approach doesnt guarantee anything either.

Problem isnt Lawell system imo

its the bottle neck in the income available to Celtic despite unprecedented success.

Rodgers took our club in the wrong direction imo with his ever increasing wage model short term success long term problems

did same at leicester

hard bit is finding someone who can attract gem players on wages we can afford.

they are obviously there, Ange did it. im sure there must be others equally able.

As much as i detest Lawell face and sleekit silence he has been big part in Celtic dominance.

Better option?

no idea.

I already losing interest in football in recent years due to the FFP

Inter bankrupt and dodgy as feck with chinese weirdness running their gig
Man city financially doped and owned by wealth off the radar but still scamming

to compete with these so called elite teams you need to be able to pay the wages the scamming clubs pay

Scottish football is gradually getting lower into non league territory, finding guys who can compete and excel on wages we can afford and sustain is getting harder imo
Weclome hame TeT

HH 👏

Members online

Latest posts

Back