The board have decided to downsize the club

meanwhile or current crop of youths and projects are sitting thinking wtf

I take the case of Sorro, took him 2 years and dropped into the team, oven ready
Some may say he was ready before then, but that's easy in hindsight
You only get 1 chance at Celtic to make the breakthrough
Plenty have faded under the spotlight

O'Connell may take just as long, but you can see theres a players in there.
Rush them and you may spoil them

If they're good enough, they'll make the step up

Yes hopefully STG. But from what Ive been reading today, Lennon saying there are mitigating circumstances why we have been as poor as this all season. Says he can't divulge those reasons but he knows what they are. Someone has him by the short and curlies that's why I belive the board will go with him next season. They have him where the want him, hell do what they tell him and he'll have to like it or lump it. Don't wait on Lennon resigning that will never happen. That's my take on things at this moment in time.
I don't think he's wide of the mark Ally, it has been a strange season
He likely can't spill it while he still has to get results out of them

I think change is coming, just not as quick as we would like

Absolutely false again.

Its you who have provided no evidense to back up your non existent plan thats not attached to reality

And again its you who are spinning away from your own false points.

point 1

this thread about club underinvesting

And board deliberately downsizing??

And the evidence is the complete opposite.

point 2

you say it can be done by getting a better manager and better players from cheap markets

Point 3

your plan to date is exactly the same one the board are accused of being underinvesting and downsizing

Point 4

You take subjective evidense at best, shimmy it around, then base bizarre conclusions on the shimmying, then blame me for confusing you

when all I want is to know how your plan works if its not underinvesting and downsizing?

I have given you figures that I believe are grounded in reality

You have mystically popped out potentially imaginary 10 million savings as proof

you want to make it easy for me.

here's how

what income do you think celtic can justifiably achieve each season? figure please

What percentage of that income should be aimed for cost of revenue?

how much different to current historic revenues over last 10 years?

Im not manipulating anything

im asking you to explain your better plan. Not my better plan

YOUR better plan

simple real world figures would be nice
TET you like to act as if your PL traitor or even the accountant himself at Celtic for which I doubt very much that you are.
You also manipulate opinions with so much spin on points that only end up with a whole load of horse shite as to avoid answering why it can't be done.
So for simplicity I will set out what I believe can be done to make celtic a more better and efficient team than it is at present.
You always like to speak about budgets and for a long time now I have stated that we can operate on a 50m budget for football operations, mainly the 1st team.
This would mean cutting a 1st team squad back to 25 and not the 40 odd we are trying to operate with at present.
This would allow for an average weekly wage of 30k per player giving a total of 39m for players wages.
That leaves 11m for management and coaching staff as I would guess cover costs on youth development.
Now I do believe a proper DoF is needed to oversee such a budget and releases a manager to deal with 1st team affairs properly and getting a team far better prepared for games than what seems to be at present.
I also have no idea on the going rate on players wages unlike yourself but I would find it hard to believe that we can't get the quality of players needed to improve the 1st team and make us far better in European competition.
Also going by your figures there still leaves room for bonuses based on success.
Also if a downfall in success can bring a reduction in wages to 20k with a saving of over 10m a season.
But our club should remain to be hitting higher levels not stagnant as we have over the last 3 seasons with only domestic domainace covering up where we really should be aiming for.
There is also room for a 2nd team if any such plans are in the reckoning and this team would not only just pay for itself but also return a profit with our support alone.
Now please feel free to say why such a plan with a budget is unstainable and also take into account I don't make any of these decisions and either do I have full knowledge of what goes on behind closed doors.

TET you like to act as if your PL traitor or even the accountant himself at Celtic for which I doubt very much that you are.
You also manipulate opinions with so much spin on points that only end up with a whole load of horse shite as to avoid answering why it can't be done.
So for simplicity I will set out what I believe can be done to make celtic a more better and efficient team than it is at present.
You always like to speak about budgets and for a long time now I have stated that we can operate on a 50m budget for football operations, mainly the 1st team.
This would mean cutting a 1st team squad back to 25 and not the 40 odd we are trying to operate with at present.
This would allow for an average weekly wage of 30k per player giving a total of 39m for players wages.
That leaves 11m for management and coaching staff as I would guess cover costs on youth development.
Now I do believe a proper DoF is needed to oversee such a budget and releases a manager to deal with 1st team affairs properly and getting a team far better prepared for games than what seems to be at present.
I also have no idea on the going rate on players wages unlike yourself but I would find it hard to believe that we can't get the quality of players needed to improve the 1st team and make us far better in European competition.
Also going by your figures there still leaves room for bonuses based on success.
Also if a downfall in success can bring a reduction in wages to 20k with a saving of over 10m a season.
But our club should remain to be hitting higher levels not stagnant as we have over the last 3 seasons with only domestic domainace covering up where we really should be aiming for.
There is also room for a 2nd team if any such plans are in the reckoning and this team would not only just pay for itself but also return a profit with our support alone.
Now please feel free to say why such a plan with a budget is unstainable and also take into account I don't make any of these decisions and either do I have full knowledge of what goes on behind closed doors.
I haven't spun a single word you have said

Quite like the gist of your plan

But if im really honest I think its pretty close to what the current plan is from the traitors as you like to cal them.

Im also quite confident that its a plan that most people calling current set up a biscuit tin set up would call a biscuit tin set up.

So is your plan a biscuit tin set up?

I actually think they double their wages if they get CL so wages are around 22K average but if cl it doubles and less bonus if just el

So they even appear to cover your not so great season if thats the case and it would encourage the team to do as well as possible with regards Europe.

I love how you project everything you do onto others.

So again you add in a caveat that you dont have enough information but still you choose to stick boot in without the information required.

Weird that but its me twisting your words.

No John No

Weird board are downsizing

But your plan is Not despite perhaps being less risky than current plan

You also like to throw in and for those wages we can get better players.

Sounds quite certain despite claiming you dont know.

I haven't spun a single word you have said

Quite like the gist of your plan

But if im really honest I think its pretty close to what the current plan is from the traitors as you like to cal them.

Im also quite confident that its a plan that most people calling current set up a biscuit tin set up would call a biscuit tin set up.

So is your plan a biscuit tin set up?

I actually think they double their wages if they get CL so wages are around 22K average but if cl it doubles and less bonus if just el

So they even appear to cover your not so great season if thats the case and it would encourage the team to do as well as possible with regards Europe.

I love how you project everything you do onto others.

So again you add in a caveat that you dont have enough information but still you choose to stick boot in without the information required.

Weird that but its me twisting your words.

No John No

Weird board are downsizing

But your plan is Not despite perhaps being less risky than current plan

You also like to throw in and for those wages we can get better players.

Sounds quite certain despite claiming you dont know.

Only based on logic TET.
We have squandered millions on del boy signings and loan options no more than this season of all seasons.
It's the easiest way to cause unrest in an overcrowded changing room.
We should never have been in a position to depend upon loan signings.
We should also be better off with signings that you would expect to make big impacts to the club not keeping a bench warm.
Has there been gross misconduct on money spent within the club over the past few seconds then I would have to say YES big time.
Why PL traitor and lenny have not been held accountable for such misconduct on funds wasted is way beyond me.
Why they are still there is again a bigger mystery.

Only based on logic TET.
We have squandered millions on del boy signings and loan options no more than this season of all seasons.
We should also be better off with signings that you would expect to make big impacts to the club not keeping a bench warm.
Has there been gross misconduct on money spent within the club over the past few seconds then I would have to say YES big time.
Why PL traitor and lenny have not been held accountable for such misconduct on funds wasted is way beyond me.
I agree they both need punted for this season.

But for taking excessive risks rather than downsizing.

Could be they tried to sign better players and they said no thanks

dont like wage your offering.

But who knows

No sure PL done anything to be tarred a traitor.

He may have done something that makes him a traitor. He may well be everything he accused of

But like you said you just dont know.

Therefore he may not be a traitor if you had more information. But then again he might well be worse traitor than anyone can imagine. But again without that information

I won't be calling him a traitor

Not until he has been proven guilty

seems logical to me

Oh and btw I have never once claimed to like the man and I certainly have never once claimed to think I am him in any way shape or form.

But dont let that get in the way of tarring me with your PL brush though

lets all do the Lenny

its was his fault

Sorry Jinkybhoy, being a Celtic supporter is about more than supporting the team, it's about identity. About being part of something bigger/ special. A wider, but not blood related, family. Yip, does it for me.
Frank - I have obviously created confusion by my quote. It is not the existence of the CELTIC FAMILY that I am questioning it is the emotional blackmail that is used by the board to achieve what they want.

Only based on logic TET.
You said it yourself mate, the reason they are still there is because they haven’t been held accountable.

Last edited:

Is it worthwhile meeting with only a few board members when they tell The Celtic Trust..
We need to take this back to the board,what is the pont in having these meetings if the board members who are present cannot make a decision or give The Trust an answer to their questions,,
just another smoke screen,when will the truth be told to us..

HH

Frank - I have obviously created confusion by my quote. It is not the existence of the CELTIC FAMILY that I am questioning it is the emotional blackmail that is used by the board to achieve what they want.
You're correct to say that they use the passion we feel for the club when it comes to renewal time Jinkybhoy. I can only speak for myself when I say they really don't need try too hard . My seat in paradise is pretty much something I treasure. Being a Celtic supporter is a big part of who I am.

Is it worthwhile meeting with only a few board members when they tell The Celtic Trust..
We need to take this back to the board,what is the pont in having these meetings if the board members who are present cannot make a decision or give The Trust an answer to their questions,,

HH
A decent read that. At least someone has an Avenue in to get the message across.
I doubt given lawwell is leaving he’s to be making decisions on behalf of the board

Here we have a guy who we know by listening to what he has to say know,s what he is talking about..

HH.

A wee rundown on one of the other rumoured DoF candidates GS......

Matteo Tognozzi

Given the option think this guy☝️would be my choice.

HH
If ever you needed any further proof that Lawwell & Co are a truly conniving duplicitous crowd then this ‘meeting’ should have provided it.
What were they there for? To take notes (4 of them)? Report back for another fictitious ‘review’?
Fkn lying untrustworthy barstewards...the lot of them.
🤬🤬🤬

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back