The Celtic bus or Parks bus ???

green sprig

The Celtics own bus is gathering pace again.
Do we prefer to have our own bus or do we continue with Parks ??.
IMO there are two 90% to 100% guarantees we need to look at.
First one is if we have our own bus and pull up at castle greyskull with our own bus I think we are 100% guaranteed
the bus will be vandalised,whether it is keys dragged along the paintwork or a bottle or brick thrown at the windows
it is another problem we have to deal with at a cost to have the bus repaired.
These coaches can cost around £650000 each,so we need at least 2 coaches, 2 full time drivers,at least one mechanic
garage with at least one pit big enough to drive the coach on to for repairs,then there are the smaller overheads such as insurance for the coaches,for the building for the drivers,wages also need to be looked at,so for the first year I would say we need roughly £2m to cover all the bases,that is more than Maeda will cost us.

If we stick with Parks we can pull up outside greyskull and 90% guaranteed the coaches will not be vandalised and if they are it,s not our problem,it,s 100% Parks
problem,there could be benefits in having our own coaches but IMO the advantages dont outweigh the disadvantages,I would let Park deal with any grief
which came along with owning the coaches.

HH.

I think the sums have been crunched already?
We aren't a bus company. I'd imagine parks will have several of the big coaches in the fleet. Say we had a cracking Celtic bus or two. If both end up off the road we need to hire from parks again ☺.

I'd prefer not to line his pockets but business is business.

If I ever make it to the big time - off shore acc - the works - I'll buy us 3 busses

Lawwell had said in the past, when this comes up at just about ever AGM, that we get the buses for free, in return for publicity/tv coverage of the team getting aff the bus, etc 👍
Was typing away while you posted ^^^
Didn't know we had a free bus pass!

No we don't need a bus then.
I'd been given grief by some mutan mates about us using their busses.

Didn't know we were getting them for fuck all

First one is if we have our own bus and pull up at castle greyskull with our own bus I think we are 100% guaranteed
the bus will be vandalised,whether it is keys dragged along the paintwork or a bottle or brick thrown at the windows
These coaches can cost around £650000 each,so we need at least 2 coaches, 2 full time drivers,at least one mechanic
garage with at least one pit big enough to drive the coach on to for repairs,then there are the smaller overheads such as insurance for the coaches,for the building for the drivers,wages also need to be looked at,so for the first year I would say we need roughly £2m to cover all the bases,that is more than Maeda will cost us.

If we stick with Parks we can pull up outside greyskull and 90% guaranteed the coaches will not be vandalised and if they are it,s not our problem,it,s 100% Parks
problem,there could be benefits in having our own coaches but IMO the advantages dont outweigh the disadvantages,I would let Park deal with any grief

HH.
Just the sad state of affairs within Scotland still.
In principle there is no way we should be having anything to do with park's, so the best place for his buses well🤔
But we have to use common sense also, so if it remains safer for our players to be transported, without any cost, then that wins hands down, especially as I don't have to travel on the shitty things

Most other bus companies are just as orange , buying a coach would be a waste of money and would be targeted where ever it was parked
Parks do have top of the range coaches let them foot the cost it's as close to success as they'll get

I don't think the football clubs spend that much on their buses as the Coach companies are delighted to get the publicity. Central Coaches provide a bespoke luxury coach to Aberdeen FC and I'll guarantee they did not fork out £650K plus a mechanic and bus pit for travelling in luxury (includes treatment table for working on injuries before and after games).

Surely a club of Celtic's size and exposure can cut a deal (we may even get paid money for it???) with another bus company.

HH.
Having had the misfortune to work for 20 years on the buses I’d say that having a company with the resources of Parks in the event of a breakdown (they do happen)is invaluable it costs a fortune to keep a couple of coaches on the road Parks are a blue chip company in the coaching world regardless of their ownership,I’ve yet to see a game kick off late because the team bus broke down Parks are top drawer at what they do like It or not they are up there because of the quality of service they provide I don’t give a shit If Dougie Park owns half the huns and pays Morelos bonus out of his wife’s housekeeping money the guy runs a top class company that hasn’t let us down ever they are the the benchmark for coach companies like it or not,The huns ain’t gonna win the league because our team travels with Parks Of Hamilton by the way ask any coach driver and they would give their left baw to drive the Parks coach of their preferred team regardless of who pays their wages.

Why in fucks name do we need our own bus?? It a bus FFS
As for it being Parks?? As long as I can remember it was Parks....I personally couldn't give a shit if we were driven to games on the Orange express driven by Ian Paisley's corpse....As long as we get to the stadium on time and win ...that's all I give a shit about 👍👍

Members online

No members online now.

Back