The Celtic Trust

I was born 35 brought up through the war years, I have know poverty big time, have seen all the Celtic teams since I was 7. Never before in my life have I seen them as bad us. Please understand me I know my thoughts on here you will not agree with. They are my opinions and mine alone. If you want something to change you have to make change. Force the issue don't sit back and admire everything you despise. Take the bull by the horns and force the board out.

Im not sure of FFP rules, but pandemic times, so they may have been relaxed if they are even applicable/adopted in Scotland

The auditors must have had view of their cash-flow forecasts for the next two years, and subsequently written guarantee's from Park/Bennett to cover shortfall
The key phrase is, "lack of a binding debt facility." If written guarantees were in place these would be binding. I wouldn't underestimate the intimidation factor.

How wealthy would someone need to be to provide an unlimited guarantee?

The money trail is everything. The only direct sources known publicly are those disclosed in the financial statements, but what are the ultimate sources? No journalist, auditor or the SFA will go there. Again, the intimidation factor dictates this, and the CFC board don’t want to lose their business partner so won’t pursue it either.

For me the board’s statement on Monday night confirmed that in their minds they have the right man in place for their “Old Firm” business model. Their end game is to ensure the rivalry endures no matter the short-term damage done. An independent Celtic Football Club is dead, if it ever really existed. We are like a conjoined twin in a symbiotic relationship. The other twin needs urgent financial oxygen to survive and we need to provide it. It doesn’t matter to the board that their twin is bigoted, fraudulent and criminal. Needs must, and the rivalry sells season tickets, merchandise and generates broadcast revenue. The lies of the last 10 years have been exposed, but they know the vast majority of their customer base don’t care as along as success comes along again soon.

How wealthy would someone need to be to provide an unlimited guarantee?

The money trail is everything. The only direct sources known publicly are those disclosed in the financial statements, but what are the ultimate sources? No journalist, auditor or the SFA will go there. Again, the intimidation factor dictates this, and the CFC board don’t want to lose their business partner so won’t pursue it either.

For me the board’s statement on Monday night confirmed that in their minds they have the right man in place for their “Old Firm” business model. Their end game is to ensure the rivalry endures no matter the short-term damage done. An independent Celtic Football Club is dead, if it ever really existed. We are like a conjoined twin in a symbiotic relationship. The other twin needs urgent financial oxygen to survive and we need to provide it. It doesn’t matter to the board that their twin is bigoted, fraudulent and criminal. Needs must, and the rivalry sells season tickets, merchandise and generates broadcast revenue. The lies of the last 10 years have been exposed, but they know the vast majority of their customer base don’t care as along as success comes along again soon.
Ying and Yang,rivalry,bigotry,hatred sells,keep them relevant,Celtic,the only club who lost money when the huns were liquidated,without the 'twins'Scottish football be a backwater,wonder why we bother sometimes,watching a game we all no is rigged,but then again, hatred sells.

Ima
As you know I'm one of the cynics.
Out of the blue(?) they produce a statement on current Celtic affairs. Go to their web site and they wish to become a supporters composite voting vehicle.
Smoke and mirrors I would say.
Anyway I said they could have a relevance. Why not approach DD and discuss his plans for the future of his shareholding? Then come up with a funded proposal to acquire them. Ambitious? Of course it is but at least it is better than cheap chat!
Again just my opinion.
HH

I understand the Celtic Trust have put forward a proposal whereby if 50,000 supporters contribute £10 a month (I think) that would allow them to purchase £6M worth of shares per annum.

I further believe each Trust member would have an equal holding in the shares purchased. I’m not sure of the small print involved.

Is this the type of thing you would like to see?

Ying and Yang,rivalry,bigotry,hatred sells,keep them relevant,Celtic,the only club who lost money when the huns were liquidated,without the 'twins'Scottish football be a backwater,wonder why we bother sometimes,watching a game we all no is rigged,but then again, hatred sells.
its called addiction

we just cant get enough, sadly

if res 12 is finally kicked into touch and there are no repercussions for the farce that is sevco claiming its Rangers

then I hope my addiction finally sees the fallacy in game I adore

I dont hate Sevco

I just dont think Trust funded scamming should be considered legal

that includes all trust laws protected behind secrets

And if secret agreements are legal in sport

I really hope I can quit more than I wanted and finally quit smoking cigarettes if this scamming is not finally addressed by the club

And if the reason its not addressed has anything to do with non football stuff then I will be finally free

I will be sad that I wasted best part of my dreams on a scam but I will be delighted to support something worthwhile.

truth is more important than money

And if Celtic have any secrets that they dont want the customers to know then Ill be out.

And if that banner was made by a celtic fan then im saddened beyond depressed

With all the crap that's happening just now,folk's polarised,angry,then the emotional shit of being a football fan,a celtic fan,we are currently watching our club in meltdown,blame hime,naw,blame him,sack this wan,sack that wan,drop him,play him,
shoot the board?
we take our eyes off the big picture,we, i mean our company,need them to be relevant,it's what our current business model is,sky money,sponsorship,ticket sales,merchandise.......there's money in 'rivalry', when two tribes go to war',they hate us,we hate them,they arra peepul, we are the oppressed minority,the underdog,punching above it's weight,which suits,the custodians of both clubs down to the ground,the more bitter the rivalry gets,the more money they make

us the fan's are emotionally attached to our club,so we are open to exploitation by our custodians,it pays them to see our club as a going concern,a moneymaking enterprise,when you have a core support and a worldwide fanbase,the board and their shareholders love it,it's us the fan's,who feel the pain when the team perform badly,but to them,the custodians,if the bottom line shows a profit,all is well and good,that's me feckin depressed noo,hopefully feel different ramorra,time furranurra beer! 🍺 🥳

its called addiction

we just cant get enough, sadly

if res 12 is finally kicked into touch and there are no repercussions for the farce that is sevco claiming its Rangers

then I hope my addiction finally sees the fallacy in game I adore

I dont hate Sevco

I just dont think Trust funded scamming should be considered legal

that includes all trust laws protected behind secrets

And if secret agreements are legal in sport

I really hope I can quit more than I wanted and finally quit smoking cigarettes if this scamming is not finally addressed by the club

And if the reason its not addressed has anything to do with non football stuff then I will be finally free

I will be sad that I wasted best part of my dreams on a scam but I will be delighted to support something worthwhile.

truth is more important than money

And if Celtic have any secrets that they dont want the customers to know then Ill be out.

And if that banner was made by a celtic fan then im saddened beyond depressed
So feckin sad TET,being played for years by the money man,who'd ah thunk it!

I understand the Celtic Trust have put forward a proposal whereby if 50,000 supporters contribute £10 a month (I think) that would allow them to purchase £6M worth of shares per annum.

I further believe each Trust member would have an equal holding in the shares purchased. I’m not sure of the small print involved.

Is this the type of thing you would like to see?
I think the principle is correct but if you look at the Hearts example they had a " sugar daddy" Fund the shares up front and then the supporters paid down the debt/ agreed value. Also similar at Motherwell though John Boyle the owner passed the shares over for an agreed value to be paid off over a period. ( I believe)
So, two things, engage with DD re his succession planning, and most importantly have clear processes for fan involvement in the Trust. I'm no expert on constitutions but don't think that there is much flexibility in the existing one, unless it has been changed over the recent past.
There is a route to make the Trust relevant in Corporate Celtic ( we have plenty of fan based organisations) but it needs more imagination.
Again, just my opinion.
HH

I know not everyone is amenable to the Celtic Trust, but I’m of the view that we, the Support, need to speak with one voice in the weeks and months to come.

Could the Celtic Trust become that voice if enough of us get on board?

Also, if the Trust can pull enough shareholders together, it’s not beyond the realms of reality that they could demand a seat on the Celtic Board.

We the Support, need a voice imo, a concentrated and passionate voice that will demand to be heard in the Celtic Boardroom.

What do you think?
How do I go about signing up??

thats the system

if you want votes you buy votes at going rate where you can influence capital (your own investment depends on the value you add with your voting power)

if you want strips rather than votes you buy strips

but strips dont get you votes

if you want to hand your votes to a trust then thats your right

but personally I would rather every voting block was independent on the issues rather than in hands of the egalitarian guillotine men who may have a secret agenda to use your votes for their mission.

just how I see it

their manifesto doesn't sound better than current board silence

simply because they haven't laid out their plan

and the smokescreen is there before they even present any plan but they are promoting change to ?????

I see the trust claim to have acquired more shares. I know you are a bit wary of them TET but how else do you challenge board short of total ST payment withholding? I don’t know anything about them personally but I can’t believe they’re more secretive than Desmond/Lawell. Are you allowed to attend their meetings and comment, ask quesions, etc?
If Lawell told me it was Wednesday I’d go check my calendar before taking his word for it. Surely the Trust cant be that bad?

I think the principle is correct but if you look at the Hearts example they had a " sugar daddy" Fund the shares up front and then the supporters paid down the debt/ agreed value. Also similar at Motherwell though John Boyle the owner passed the shares over for an agreed value to be paid off over a period. ( I believe)
So, two things, engage with DD re his succession planning, and most importantly have clear processes for fan involvement in the Trust. I'm no expert on constitutions but don't think that there is much flexibility in the existing one, unless it has been changed over the recent past.
There is a route to make the Trust relevant in Corporate Celtic ( we have plenty of fan based organisations) but it needs more imagination.
Again, just my opinion.
HH
The elephant in the room is DD owns his shares and if he wants to keep them and continue the course at Celtic then there is eff all anyone can do but starve the club of money till he decides enough is enough

Back