The Debate Around Rebel Songs At Celtic Park, A Former Republican Prisoner & Celtic Fan Has His Say

I remember my father showing me a clip from a john wayne movie, {yellow ribbon i think} where the cavalry band serenaded the burd with :glory oh to the bold Fenian men: just thought i would throw that in as i was pissin myself laughing with him proving a point that its all about the situation and how people decide when to take offence to Irish songs only when it suits them.

Not really bothered about them can't say that they were played in the home growing up in saying that there are a couple that go through my head a times obviously heard them at games or on the way to away games in my younger years. There are some like Grace that are great to hear at games but others are best kept out of it as it's just ammunition to beat Celtic fans with.

I remember my father showing me a clip from a john wayne movie, {yellow ribbon i think} where the cavalry band serenaded the burd with :glory oh to the bold Fenian men: just thought i would throw that in as i was pissin myself laughing with him proving a point that its all about the situation and how people decide when to take offence to Irish songs only when it suits them.
Aye, but Big Leggy was a fenian in "The Quiet Man" and he got to winch wie Mo O'Hara, so it all adds up.

Members online

No members online now.

Back