The difference between us and them!

michael duffy

We posted a thread today,giving heartfelt condolensces to the passing of Fernando Ricksen,our thought's and prayers went out to Fernando, his friend's, and especially his family,
I went behind enemy lines to check out their filth filth site,and sure enough, they're tribute to Fernando was a filthy ,bile filled attack on our deceased players and scotland's greatest ever manager,
they started off with an attack on bbc Scotland,for mentioning his off field issues,and then the bile set in,they're favourite subject child abuse! our greatest manager,our greatest captain,our greatest player, all knew!!!!!!!! ah'm phuqin ragin! the filth, supposedly mourning the passing of one of their "legends" but they can still weaponise their sick fascinations! there are no depths the hun scum won't sink to,even on this day,that's the difference!

Unfortunately Michael, there are far too many people in this world who have had a humanity bypass at some point in their development.

I was no great lover of Fernando as a player. I think he was an ordinary footballer, but he obviously enjoyed his time with them and it left an imprint upon him.

Whatever my thoughts were of him as a footballer, I can't, for a single second, question his courage in combating a debilitating disease which robbed a young man of his basic ability to function and ultimately, his life. He remained philosophical and embraced the well-wishes of Celtic fans and took the chance to respond to those considerations when able. Fernando Ricksen realised that there were far more important things than being a supporter of a particular football team. I would hope that in a similar predicament, I will be able to act with the same courage and decorum.

Serious medical conditions see no colour, no faith, no gender, and no footballing preference. They do not discriminate and will destroy the lives of any individual they encounter. It's just so sad that the idiotic non-entities who profess to be fans of that club don't have a milligram of the dignity that Fernando Ricksen has shown in these last few years.

Here is another opportunity to set aside (for a moment) our mutual animosity and to reflect upon a young man who played in Scotland and had a fondness for the country and the folk within it. An opportunity to forget about our footballing predilections and to remind ourselves about the fragility of life and those who will be affected by his loss. Instead of this, the same old failings of the zombie fanbase are highlighted again and again and again and again. Instead of celebrating and commemorating his life, they would rather use his passing as another opportunity to debase themselves and to show how low they have stooped.

God bless Fernando Ricksen and God bless all of those folk who are currently dealing with the devastation of MND and all of those folk who had their lives cut short by this horrific disease (RIP Jinky).

They devalue Fernando's memory, when they use his passing to point score against our club
I feel for Fernando's immediate family, his wife, his wee girl, growing up without her Daddy, it's such a tragic circumstance
Struck down in the prime of his life, he worked hard as a professional athlete to get to the height of his profession and those who sully his memory with their bile, can only dream about achieveing anything close to that
They are not worth the time it takes to type about them
That's why I dont go near their forums, I don't care what they think, do, whatever
Let them go under, it's only fitting for a club that lives in the 1600's
YNWA
HH

These peepul,? Have no dignity,don’t know what it means ,the lowest scum on earth ,we can raise ourself far above that level ,we can see that no matter who you are,these illnesses have no borders , let the shit squalor in their own mire,makes me mad as hell ,when they have no true feelings for anyone ,especially their own !hh

We posted a thread today,giving heartfelt condolensces to the passing of Fernando Ricksen,our thought's and prayers went out to Fernando, his friend's, and especially his family,
I went behind enemy lines to check out their filth filth site,and sure enough, they're tribute to Fernando was a filthy ,bile filled attack on our deceased players and scotland's greatest ever manager,
they started off with an attack on bbc Scotland,for mentioning his off field issues,and then the bile set in,they're favourite subject child abuse! our greatest manager,our greatest captain,our greatest player, all knew!!!!!!!! ah'm phuqin ragin! the filth, supposedly mourning the passing of one of their "legends" but they can still weaponise their sick fascinations! there are no depths the hun scum won't sink to,even on this day,that's the difference!

I saw the same thread MD...Griffiths mental health was also attacked on the thread. I read for a few pages hoping upon hope that one of them....even a lurker who pops on here may point out that there were 2 threads on the noise paying our respects to their player and sending condolences to his family....but no. It went on and on. I stopped reading. That's twice I've looked at there site and all I've found is pure hate. They find hate in everything. I dread to think what the place was like when we lost Tommy burns, McNeil and Gemmel.

The difference with us and them MD is....unfortunately there will be Celtic "fans" who hate Ricksen, who wont offer any condolences, who may offer nothing but ill will to his family....but if that person was to post on here, they would be hounded out. We wouldnt stand for it. Over on fester fester the hate and bile is applauded and amplified....that's the difference between us and them.

Exceptional posts guys.
In my work place when the news broke and honestly the discussion
on him lasted 2 mins, the rest was about all the allegedly bad stuff on
social media by Celtic support mocking his illness over the last couple
of years.
Last week someone mentioned the bile thrown at Scott Brown,a deathly
silence was the bold reply when someone shouted out ..I hate him.
You just could not make it up.

The difference with us and them MD is....unfortunately there will be Celtic "fans" who hate Ricksen, who wont offer any condolences, who may offer nothing but ill will to his family....but if that person was to post on here, they would be hounded out. We wouldnt stand for it. Over on fester fester the hate and bile is applauded and amplified....that's the difference between us and them.
Which also speaks volumes, about the people, who run their site and ours

Yes Lubo ,we Are educated enough to know right from wrong,! And rightly so that if shit like that was posted here ,it would be banned ,removed,all we can do is continue to be decent , I like many or all on here hate the sight of them ! for what they represent,! no matter the mutterings of ‘a club for all ‘shit ,it means nothing ,hh

I mentioned that very thing to the missus last night Mick, rangers hero dies tragically young and there's a outpouring of genuinely heart felt sympathy from us, history tells us it wouldn't be the same from the other side if it was a Celtic player who passed.
Some things should be above the rivalry and a young father losing his life after putting up an incredibly brave battle against an horrific illness is one of them.
It's another reason why it really pisses me off when idiots say both sides are as bad as each other, the truth is there is no similarity whatsoever!

There are MANY differences between us. Every member on here could probably name a different one. Personally I'm grateful for them, who would want all that bile, hatred and denial running through your veins.
I blame the schools you know.

There are MANY differences between us. Every member on here could probably name a different one. Personally I'm grateful for them, who would want all that bile, hatred and denial running through your veins.
I blame the schools you know.
Doc, oor Hoopy there put up a terrific post on another thread which describes his childhood development and background.

I'm a Catholic borne of two Irish parents and I went to a non-denominational school and you know what.........it was alright. I was one of only two Catholics in the school and I don't think either of us had any bad experiences other than the usual stuff that every other pupil had to tolerate.

That might say more about the place where I grew up, but I think it says more about the family kulture of the common or garden variety hun and the fear that was instilled in the West about the "Irish threat" and how they were coming to steal their jobs, women and upset the natural (orange) order of things.

There's at least two non-Catholic contributors on this site who I strongly believe are among the most valuable and knowledgeable posters.

There are many others raised in Catholicism who choose not to practice the faith for a variety of reasons. They too have produced many excellent contributions.

I don't blame the schools, Doc. I blame a lack of humanity and basic decency. I also blame the entirety of the recognised institutions in this country for not holding these perpetrators to suitably account for their actions.

Theres not a bigger supporter of Celtic, IMO, as my dad. He was a season ticket holder. First thing he did when we went on holiday was find the Celtic pub. Every old firm and then glasgow derby with sevco he gets up in the morning, gets his Larsson flag out and gets the rebs on!! His favourite top is the Aiden McAnespie Boston Gaelic football top I got him for his 50th....I'm a catholic. My mums a catholic (none of us practising I may add)...my dads a protestant. He was brought up in an orange household and hated his dads opinion of his catholic friends so he rebelled against it. He didnt want his 4 kids growing up with that hate so allowed my mum to have us all baptised...not that he cared about religion...he just wanted to let his dad know that his views and believes were wrong...
For the record I love my grandad and he isn't the man anymore that my dad knew growing up. Having catholic grandchildren that he adored changed him.

Theres not a bigger supporter of Celtic, IMO, as my dad. He was a season ticket holder. First thing he did when we went on holiday was find the Celtic pub. Every old firm and then glasgow derby with sevco he gets up in the morning, gets his Larsson flag out and gets the rebs on!! His favourite top is the Aiden McAnespie Boston Gaelic football top I got him for his 50th....I'm a catholic. My mums a catholic (none of us practising I may add)...my dads a protestant. He was brought up in an orange household and hated his dads opinion of his catholic friends so he rebelled against it. He didnt want his 4 kids growing up with that hate so allowed my mum to have us all baptised...not that he cared about religion...he just wanted to let his dad know that his views and believes were wrong...
For the record I love my grandad and he isn't the man anymore that my dad knew growing up. Having catholic grandchildren that he adored changed him.
That's the thing, Lubo. I like my non-Catholic friends and had two non-Catholic wives (not quite so keen on them).

Many of them identify as prods, but they're really no more proddy than I am! They're parody-prods who just don't happen to be Catholic.

I believe most of us who are Catholic have a whole list of issues with Rome and the obvious problems that have stained our faith, but I'd still like to think that we could look beyond our faith and appreciate decent folk when we meet them.

A whole load of Bhoys I used to get on the bus with wouldn't know one end of a crucifix from the other? Great Celtic fans though. They invested in a celebration of life at a cathedral of dreams - not a hate parade at the temple of doom.

True Love conquers hatred every time, Lubo. Your Grandpa' got his vaccine late, but better late than never.

Every post on this thread makes me proud to be a Celtic fan. Hail Hail to all of you.👏👏👏🍀🍀🍀🍀
Brimc, you know how it's been on this site. We've all had wee digs and swings at each other. Many of us have strongly disagreed on a number of subjects. Sometimes it gets personal and sometimes it gets downright nasty.

In saying that, I think that most of us recognise that the points are being made with the right intentions and that we're all just concerned with what we think is best for Celtic.

I think some of the things I've encountered on this site in terms of knowledge and opinion far outweigh what appears in the media and I also think that, beyond the bluff and bluster, the vast majority of the members are just genuinely decent people that I would gladly share a drink or ten with.

We might still disagree on certain things and it might even sound contentious to others, but we'd all mostly part on good terms and would likely arrange to meet again.

I have nothing but high regard for the vast majority of our regular members. They have surpassed themselves in their heartfelt messages to the Ricksen family and like your good self, I am immensely proud of my fellow Celts and how they have approached the last two days.

I put up the Fernando Ricksen post yesterday
Because I hate all diseases that do not discriminate as SP has said they destroy from within without pity.
But the thing that made me immensely proud of this site was the compassion for a mans courage and desire to fight not for his life but his spirit to remain the person was.
Hatred is easy anyone can hate but respect and love for each and everyone, that’s a fight worth standing up for.
Again love the Noise and love all its contributors. And to all the above well said.

HH 👏

When you take a good look at the hun and their mindset.....you will see they use certain words and phrases frequently.....when you break these words and phrases down it identifies them exactly and everything they stand for.....and everything they stand for is an aberration

They most definitely are.....The Peepul

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back