The disparities this season, a six counties playbook and Celtic being asleep at the wheel

Winning Captains

Administrator
Staff member
Summed up this whole pantomime season very well there Niall and none of us could have foreseen such a calamitous season unfold to such an extent.
Personally will never truly accept this as a proper season with the amount of bullshit that had to be endured with the double standards that were set out and enforced.
Looking forward now we have to hope that the new DoE can deal with the off field matters and business issues and maybe leave well alone the footballing matters.
This is where I believe a proper DoF is needed to oversee football matters and can work between boardroom and changing room.
This in turn should allow a more modern day manager to get a team far better prepared for matches along side a coaching team to get the team playing in a style and set up the manager wants us to.
Huge mistakes have been made this season and have cost us dearly and if no improvements are made then sadly we will be stuck with a board who have all became insane

Excellent piece Niall. ..was aware of the PR change at Ibrox and the appointed individual's background and remember thinking to myself at the time this was one for the watching. Seems it has had quite an impact. I totally agree that we need to address our PR and get the fight up and running once again as clearly we are up against some unscrupulous tactics to put it mildly. Your overall article breaks down the step by step shafting we have received this year in operation stop the ten. From the government the football authorities to the refereeing with no questions asked of the blatant cheating that was a collective and concentrated effort from all and sundry that ultimately succeeded. We as you say played our own part. However I don't think their can be any question that there has been "mitigating circumstances" which is quite a nice way of saying we have been shafted . But i repeat a excellent piece Niall.

Excellent piece Niall. ..was aware of the PR change at Ibrox and the appointed individual's background and remember thinking to myself at the time this was one for the watching. Seems it has had quite an impact. I totally agree that we need to address our PR and get the fight up and running once again as clearly we are up against some unscrupulous tactics to put it mildly. Your overall article breaks down the step by step shafting we have received this year in operation stop the ten. From the government the football authorities to the refereeing with no questions asked of the blatant cheating that was a collective and concentrated effort from all and sundry that ultimately succeeded. We as you say played our own part. However I don't think their can be any question that there has been "mitigating circumstances" which is quite a nice way of saying we have been shafted . But i repeat a excellent piece Niall.
I do agree with you mate, our pr department has been atrocious this year, we’ve just rolled over and had our tummies tickled at every dodgy decision, no one has any backbone, no one has stood up for our players or team, look at Eddie’s booking for the stonewall penalty against the huns, didn’t appeal it, didn’t contest it, we just branded one of our players a “cheat” does anyone think the hun would have reacted that way if it was wee fatty more-or-less 😡

Living down south and not being on social media, I got an insight into how little the msm was reporting. I was unaware about the awful Easterhouse killing until David mentioned it - I think maybe as late as Tuesday - granted I hadn't been on here, which I've since seen highlighted it straight away, but I was aware of the racism from a 17 year old to Alfredo Morelos. I appreciate neither is a point scoring effort but it says a lot as to how it was reported. I've been out the game a bit for a few weeks with work stuff and unless you are in amongst it every day on social media, fans media or forums like this, it's easy to see how you end up picking up what they want you to hear and miss out on what else is going on.

Living down south and not being on social media, I got an insight into how little the msm was reporting. I was unaware about the awful Easterhouse killing until David mentioned it - I think maybe as late as Tuesday - granted I hadn't been on here, which I've since seen highlighted it straight away, but I was aware of the racism from a 17 year old to Alfredo Morelos. I appreciate neither is a point scoring effort but it says a lot as to how it was reported. I've been out the game a bit for a few weeks with work stuff and unless you are in amongst it every day on social media, fans media or forums like this, it's easy to see how you end up picking up what they want you to hear and miss out on what else is going on.
Rumours on twitter it was a fan of another team who posted about morelos funny how the papers never went straight to Celtic fan
looks to be more an east coast problem

Last edited by a moderator:
Doesn't matter where you are and you don't need social media Niall, to know that a HUN is a cheating scummy zombie good for nothing bastard and will always remain to be one

The irony is Niall they get a lot of there stories by trolling through the sites to steal some headlines ....so makes it even worse and quite deliberate that they choose not to highlight the real stories of shame in Scotland.Not lazy journalism just simply corrupt.

I absolutely agree with much of what you say M7, but sadly the biggest contribution was ourselves. The lack of forward planning, the unforgivable waste of millions on players who've made no contribution to the team. Abject failure in a few different departments. They really didn't need any outside help.

I absolutely agree with much of what you say M7, but sadly the biggest contribution was ourselves. The lack of forward planning, the unforgivable waste of millions on players who've made no contribution to the team. Abject failure in a few different departments. They really didn't need any outside help.
I take your point Frank and of course we need to get our own house in order and no one can deny our failings on and off the field this season however momentum was blatantly handed on a plate to one club only to take full advantage of our frailties. But I also accept our footballing performance overall was at best painful to watch and no were near worthy of us winning a league on our own merits.

Too many folk believed in DD, PL and NL. The writing was on the wall from a long time ago. nothing will change until DD s gone. wake up, this guy is a total shitebag raping the club. Fan power is the way ahead. The board have killed the clubs potential , tory fukkers stealing a wage.

Members online

Latest posts

Back